Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by russellrst
Sorry to sound stupid, but where can you view the seat maps for specific flights - you used to be able find this on Expedia before putting in payment details - not not anymore. Thanks!
For Economy bookings you can see it on the EK website before you get to the payment page.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ft101
For Economy bookings you can see it on the EK website before you get to the payment page.

Expedia.com used to show it when you priced out a flight and went to the booking page. It let you pick a seat. Not sure now as I use EF.
Old May 10, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Expedia.com used to show it when you priced out a flight and went to the booking page. It let you pick a seat. Not sure now as I use EF.
Haven't been seeing EK flight maps on expedia last few weeks so have been using EF
Old May 10, 2019, 5:35 pm

Yes, Expedia lost it (not only for EK but many other airlines too) at about the same time EK introduced it a month or two ago. You could preview availability by selecting "Flight Details" from the first listing page. Unfortunately EK have only introduced it for Economy bookings so far.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:29 am

I'm using ExpertFlyer to look at seat award availability for these enclosed suites. I can't seem to find any between HND, BRU, GVA, etc and DXB. I can find empty of first class seats available on the old A380 though.

This plane is so new that they're not releasing them for award travel I guess.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:11 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by zurich123
I'm using ExpertFlyer to look at seat award availability for these enclosed suites. I can't seem to find any between HND, BRU, GVA, etc and DXB. I can find empty of first class seats available on the old A380 though.

This plane is so new that they're not releasing them for award travel I guess.
There are reports of people being able to get award seats / upgrades on these new planes, but they indeed seem to be few and far between.
I suppose the desirability and the small number of seats available make EK believe they can sell them instead of releasing them for award travel. I have read a few reviews where people comment that F was not full, so I wonder how often there is 'on board - space available' upgrade availability.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:50 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Try around a week before travel dates
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:44 pm

I've read the reviews and the videos from ThePointsGuy and Sam Chui, but I can't seem to find this information. Anybody know if the doors on the new enclosed suites can be locked? Or there's some sort of "Do not disturb" light outside the doors?

If I'm sleeping inside I don't want the flight attendants to be knocking the door asking me if I want a towel or drinks (Unless it's during takeoff and landing when they have to do this for safety).

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:51 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I've read the reviews and the videos from ThePointsGuy and Sam Chui, but I can't seem to find this information. Anybody know if the doors on the new enclosed suites can be locked? Or there's some sort of "Do not disturb" light outside the doors?

If I'm sleeping inside I don't want the flight attendants to be knocking the door asking me if I want a towel or drinks (Unless it's during takeoff and landing when they have to do this for safety).

Thanks.
It's F. Of course there is a DND feature.

... and while it does the basics like switching your 'do not disturb' indicator on and off... https://www.ausbt.com.au/photo-tour-...st-class-suite
Tanzguy and zurich123 like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Thanks.
Locked..... Mile high club.... Just tell the FA that you don't want to be disturbed that should suffice.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Locked..... Mile high club.... Just tell the FA that you don't want to be disturbed that should suffice.
Aren't there cameras in each suite?
Old May 22, 2019, 5:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Paella747
Aren't there cameras in each suite?
No.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:47 am

In terms of privacy, bear in mind that there are a few small holes in the service panel. They are at different angles and there is definitely privacy, but flight attendants are able to peek inside the suite (I assume for safety purposes) even when the door is closed.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I’ve been a big EK fan, virtually from day one.

But when all said & done, this is an airline owned and based in the Gulf ; and for that reason alone I’d say that passengers should be conscious of UAE custom and law when onboard.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
I’ve been a big EK fan, virtually from day one.

But when all said & done, this is an airline owned and based in the Gulf ; and for that reason alone I’d say that passengers should be conscious of UAE custom and law when onboard.
Agreed. Just stick to illegally drinking the rare/expensive alcohol

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.