Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kq747
I mean we've known this since they announced the product. I am a little forgiving because I think many if not most airlines advertise their best/flagship products alot even when it may exist on just a small subfleet.
I can think of airlines plugging a new product and then taking years to get it in their fleet, but not so much with airlines promoting something they limit to just a small sub-fleet. Who were you thinking about - Etihad's Residences I guess would be a good example.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
I can think of airlines plugging a new product and then taking years to get it in their fleet, but not so much with airlines promoting something they limit to just a small sub-fleet. Who were you thinking about - Etihad's Residences I guess would be a good example.

Like many I am somewhat disappointed that the roll out has been not as robust however having said that it appears a targeted market plan. For what it's worth I think the bigger changes will come when newer aircraft come not so sure how many more years the 380 is going to be practical with the new carbon fiber birds and the new 777
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Like many I am somewhat disappointed that the roll out has been not as robust however having said that it appears a targeted market plan. For what it's worth I think the bigger changes will come when newer aircraft come not so sure how many more years the 380 is going to be practical with the new carbon fiber birds and the new 777
Well, they've still got about 50 to be delivered, so it's going to be a few years yet (20+ I suspect).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Correct, no retrofit, and no word of new A380s having the new F (if any of the new A380s are even three-class). 777X will hopefully have new F (no guarantee!) but as it's a brand new aircraft model it could well be delayed still
Yes, some of the new A380's are three class. Was on EVH (the newest one, delivered 14/12/2018) 10 days ago. Was in 7K, most forward seat in J.
This frame has done 9 LGW rotations in the last 30 days.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Well, they've still got about 50 to be delivered, so it's going to be a few years yet (20+ I suspect).

But then there are the 787's and new 777's which is rolling out of the hanger soon, THAT should be a hell of a ride! And it's not that I dislike the 380, Also would like to see EK adopt "premium coach"
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
But then there are the 787's and new 777's which is rolling out of the hanger soon, THAT should be a hell of a ride! And it's not that I dislike the 380, Also would like to see EK adopt "premium coach"
Premium Economy already announced for B777s and A380s, but we won't see it until 2020.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Premium Economy already announced for B777s and A380s, but we won't see it until 2020.
I did see that and can only hope it comes but as we all know nothing is certain in the ME3 until it happens.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
I guess I was thinking of EY apartments, UA polaris, and SQ suites and DL suite to a lesser extent. EK is a totally different ball game though with over 100 77W, it's not really a fair comparison when they're basically replacing the entire 777 fleet with the 777X and progressively returning them the lessor, it's really hard to justify the cost for a few more years. What is impressive to me is how quickly QR is adding Q suites and refurbing airframes although im not sure if they plan on keeping their 77W for a while yet.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:55 am

Better than the A380 on the available routes

My wife and I were on the new F on EK44 from FRA to DXB (daytime flight). Since our connections to BKK and return was on a mix of old 777 and A380 I had a good opportunity to make a direct comparison and peeps…this cabin really is a game changer!
Ok, so there is no shower like on the A380…but so what. On 6-7 hour flights (via DXB) you will probably have showered before the flight and if need be in the F lounge during the layover. This would be different on ULH but this cabin is not deployed on such routes. Also, no bar like on the A380…but so what… the suite is so private and comfy that I had no desire to waste any time at the “bar”.

What you do have are encapsulated suites giving you total control over lighting (including mood lighting) and temperature. For me this is a big deal as in the open suites I have real issues sleeping because of disturbances from ambient light, general cabin temperature (too warm) and the noise from other pax. On this daytime flight I was able to darken the suite completely. In my view the colours, finishes and design are more modern and aesthetic than on the other EK F products. I had the middle seat and absolutely loved the virtual windows. My wife sat in a window seat and enjoyed looking at the snowcapped Alps through her binoculars. The only negative of this cabin is the size of the lavatories which are still that of the classical 777. But then you can change into lounging clothes within the privacy of your cabin.As we were the only 2 pax on the flight we received full attention from the FAs. I got the feeling that EK has staffed these cabins with very selected crew. For the first time we had an FA (albeit French) who was wine savy and recommended different wines for paring with the menu. This totally elevates the dining experience. Until now I have never experienced this on EK and usually need to “try” all the wines myself. It was interesting to see how the FAs on our other F flights were really excited that we had been in this cabin and wanted details on the design and the inflight experience. This was actually quite sweet.

To sum it up - I would definitely go out of my way so that I could fly this cabin on medium duration flights. On ULH however, the A380 takes the pick.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:52 am

new J&F out of Glasgow

Just manged to upgrade to F dep GLA-DEL dep wed 20th Feb. Does anyone know if the new J&F product on the 777 a/c been on the GLA-DXB or DXB-DEL routes recently ?

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by emiratesteve
Just manged to upgrade to F dep GLA-DEL dep wed 20th Feb. Does anyone know if the new J&F product on the 777 a/c been on the GLA-DXB or DXB-DEL routes recently ?

Thanks
What does the seat map say? DEL is possible, GLA is virtually impossible
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:05 pm

I've seen the new 777's on the GLA fights sporadically over the last few weeks. Probably just last minute equipment swaps though. EQH did EK27/28 on Friday. Wouldn't get your hopes up though.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:19 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

From theeksource, it would appear:
GLA once in the last two months, DEL 4 times in the last two months.

I quickly scanned for days with a 6F frame, I can’t guarantee not having missed any of them.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: Skywards
I was on the new 777 out of GLA (ek028) on 15th feb.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:09 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
I was on the new 777 out of GLA (ek028) on 15th feb.
Yes, EK28 was operated by A6-EQH that day.
On 18/2 it was A6-EBB, a vintage model..... (I believe the pilot's names were Wilbur and Orville)
At least GLA get's a fair number of (relatively) newer frames. We in CPT only get old ones

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.