Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

I would think Geneva is obvious because of all the purchased F tickets from money launderers and bankers constantly coming and going. Brussels because of the EU there you have a ton of government money that will actually purchase F. The other two I’m sure have their own reasons too.
Or because the seat manufacturer is supposedly in Geneva
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Or because the seat manufacturer is supposedly in Geneva
People have been talking like this new 777 F class is going to be rolled out fleetwide, yet new 777’s being delivered don’t have it, and EK really isn’t giving an estimation on when they’ll be releasing it fleetwide, saying sometime in 2020 or something. EK also doesn’t really seem to be flaunting it like it’s going to be fleetwide. I’m of the opinion that I don’t think they’ll be putting the new F on all their 777’s.

So it begs the question why, and then further as someone asked above why these routes? First off when you think about it the product its very nice, and cutting edge, and cool, and all that great stuff. But it’s terrible for people traveling together. Secondly, these routes probably have the highest capacity of paid, single person F fares when you think about the city pairs and all the money floating around on these particular routes. The FRA one is probably to compete directly with LH business travelers too like HON’s who pay for F. Stansted I haven’t found a good answer for, but I’m sure there’s a reason. In any event, I’m pretty certain on the reasoning for the Geneva and Brussels routes. All of this is just a guess, but I have some reasons to my logic.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

People have been talking like this new 777 F class is going to be rolled out fleetwide, yet new 777’s being delivered don’t have it, and EK really isn’t giving an estimation on when they’ll be releasing it fleetwide, saying sometime in 2020 or something. EK also doesn’t really seem to be flaunting it like it’s going to be fleetwide. I’m of the opinion that I don’t think they’ll be putting the new F on all their 777’s.

So it begs the question why, and then further as someone asked above why these routes? First off when you think about it the product its very nice, and cutting edge, and cool, and all that great stuff. But it’s terrible for people traveling together. Secondly, these routes probably have the highest capacity of paid, single person F fares when you think about the city pairs and all the money floating around on these particular routes. The FRA one is probably to compete directly with LH business travelers too like HON’s who pay for F. Stansted I haven’t found a good answer for, but I’m sure there’s a reason. In any event, I’m pretty certain on the reasoning for the Geneva and Brussels routes. All of this is just a guess, but I have some reasons to my logic.
Which new 77Ws don't have it ?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Which new 77Ws don't have it ?
Rhetorical question?

I think all 7 deliveries from A6-EQH have the new suites in F.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Rhetorical question?

I think all 7 deliveries from A6-EQH have the new suites in F.
Misread previous post a as a statement that not all deliveries have new F, didn't see the word opinion
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is it possible to get the new F through EK points? Can't find any seats from BRU, GVA and STN. Although blogs say it is.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is it possible to get the new F through EK points? Can't find any seats from BRU, GVA and STN. Although blogs say it is.
you cant use miles at the moment on these flights as a total reward but you can use them to upgrade a sector if ever available...
onlysuites likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:20 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red

you cant use miles at the moment on these flights as a total reward but you can use them to upgrade a sector if ever available...
Surely If Skywards Miles dan be used for upgrades they can be used for awards as well? After all they come from the same fare bucket (Z). If / when they are available is of course entirely another matter.
(Or are you referring to ‘space available on board upgrades’ which are only available to silver and higher Skywards members?)
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

Surely If Skywards Miles dan be used for upgrades they can be used for awards as well? After all they come from the same fare bucket (Z). If / when they are available is of course entirely another matter.
(Or are you referring to ‘space available on board upgrades’ which are only available to silver and higher Skywards members?)
​​​​​​Space available upgrades which don't require Z are available once you're at the airport for any member (technically at check-in but often only processed at gate). Onboard is only Silver and above
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

i was told no reward so my guess is miles upgrade at the gate or onboard...
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:16 pm

I have a DXB-LON coming up and must admit that - for once - I am considering sacrificing convenience for the sake of trying out this new product, thus opting for the STN flight. I am a bit deterred by the fact that it adds around 40 minutes to my ride home to central London (and I still very much like the A380). But it does look rather interesting and the "novelty factor" might be intriguing.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by flying_pig
I have a DXB-LON coming up and must admit that - for once - I am considering sacrificing convenience for the sake of trying out this new product, thus opting for the STN flight. I am a bit deterred by the fact that it adds around 40 minutes to my ride home to central London (and I still very much like the A380). But it does look rather interesting and the "novelty factor" might be intriguing.
Do it
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by flying_pig
If you are paying cash for F then it is a real no brainer. As mentioned before, very little award availability either as an award ticket or miles upgrade at the moment. Can't see that changing soon.

Alternatively you could fly on it to BRU and then get a short hope from BRU to LCY and it would probably be quicker than getting the CD from STN if you're in central London!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by sydtogla
If you are paying cash for F then it is a real no brainer. As mentioned before, very little award availability either as an award ticket or miles upgrade at the moment. Can't see that changing soon.

Alternatively you could fly on it to BRU and then get a short hope from BRU to LCY and it would probably be quicker than getting the CD from STN if you're in central London!
take this advice! Tried the new F to STN last week. It is fabulous. Just one problem - it goes to STN! Luckily I’m not returning from STN as there is only one lounge there that’s used by every airline known to man, including EK. Plus Priority Pass plus anyone who wants to pay!! So it is very, very busy. And the offerings fall somewhat short of the normal EK offerings. Plus, they nearly didn’t let me in, even though I was holding an onward J ticket! They said it was at capacity!!!!!
but it looks as though you are only going there as opposed to leaving from there so no issues for you! If you have the opportunity to try the new first, I would definitely go for it.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:03 am

Just FYI, they do open the redemption space (Z) on many of the new F flights a few days before departure. If you set Expertflyer alerts on the flights that interest you, you might be pleasantly surprised. I flew DXB-STN in F last week by doing just that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.