Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:28 am

Why is EK using the new 777 exclusively for BRU and GVA?

Casey's vlog showed the cabin and it looked like he was the only guy in FC.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
After watching that casey video my IQ dropped by 10. Not nearly as obnoxious as that shower pop-up shop guy. EK should not be encouraging such behaviour and ruining the ambiance for paying pax. If I was on that flight I would have demanded my money back.
Casey isn't a bad vlogger to be honest, I don't mind his travel vlogs, although the drone thing was a bit unnecessary and the crew video call did make me cringe a bit, it wasn't bad otherwise.

You can't even compare him to Logan Paul, him and his brother should be banned from EK. I was disappointed that EK allowed that sort of BS to happen in-flight.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:51 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's not smart, but I don't think it's illegal
I would be surprised if it is legal. You require pretty strong wireless type signals to fly a drone and on most airlines even the use of a wireless mouse is prohibited.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I would be surprised if it is legal. You require pretty strong wireless type signals to fly a drone and on most airlines even the use of a wireless mouse is prohibited.
Actually the WIFI transmitter on a consumer drone is far, far less powerful than the telecom radio on a typical mobile telephone. And we know lots of careless people leave their phones turned on throughout a flight.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:06 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Am I the only person who has never watched a VLOG?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:31 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Am I the only person who has never watched a VLOG?
I don’t go out of my way to watch them but in this case I was interested to see what the suites were like from a pax (loose meaning in this instance) perspective. Whilst I can see some merits of this one in particular, I do personally find the excitability and volume control slightly irritating. I personally wouldn’t like to be on a flight in the same cabin with them.

S
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus

Casey's vlog showed the cabin and it looked like he was the only guy in FC.
I imagine this was on purpose. At minimum I'd suspect that they would seat everyone in the other aisle to ensure they aren't annoyed by him. Wouldn't be surprised if there were 3 paying pax on the other side. I also wouldn't be surprised if EK was willing to fly an empty cabin considering it a cost of marketing. All that said, to produce an 8 minute video he probably wasn't filming for longer than an hour. I hope his energy levels come down a bit when the camera is off...
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by vytas315
I imagine this was on purpose. At minimum I'd suspect that they would seat everyone in the other aisle to ensure they aren't annoyed by him. Wouldn't be surprised if there were 3 paying pax on the other side. I also wouldn't be surprised if EK was willing to fly an empty cabin considering it a cost of marketing. All that said, to produce an 8 minute video he probably wasn't filming for longer than an hour. I hope his energy levels come down a bit when the camera is off...
He went over into 1K in the video which was also empty, to show the virtual window vs regular. In his video we didn't see 2K or 1A, and I don't think 2E was shown, so those might have had pax
murtaza12 and vytas315 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
After watching that casey video my IQ dropped by 10. Not nearly as obnoxious as that shower pop-up shop guy. EK should not be encouraging such behaviour and ruining the ambiance for paying pax. If I was on that flight I would have demanded my money back.
Bloggers will go further and further to catch followers. Expect more stupid unnecessary things.
DatBoi likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:50 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Paella747
Neither is that outfit......
I agree the outfit is somewhat 'excessive'. But as it was a present from Emirates (see the preceding video on his YouTube channel), I guess it was sort of appropriate to wear it
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:58 am
Ambassador, Emirates

I don't think it is possible to have an IQ changed (either down or up) by watching a video (whatever your opinion of said video might be).

If there were any other passengers on that flight (there may have been, but they were not visible), they would most likely have had their full length doors closed and not (or hardly) been aware of the commotion. To demand your money back would therefore have been more than a bit excessive. The case of the pop-up shop is different as it did inconvenience others (I think, I did could not stand watching that drivel for long enough to get to the point where the shop was set up). So 'compensation' would have been appropriate in that case (and believe me, I am not into the 'compensation culture at all, I am more one of 's%^t happens')
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:01 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Bloggers will go further and further to catch followers. Expect more stupid unnecessary things.
And Emirates is very happy to entertain this sort of thing as it is effective and free publicity. You may think that potential F customers don't watch Casey Neistat's vlogs, but I think we would all be surprised....
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:45 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Paella747
Neither is that outfit......
It's Gucci.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
What the hell is wrong with people?
Singing songs about gucci??
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by murtaza12

These cities have less frequency compared to say LHR and the flights are relatively short. As they don't have enough aircraft fitted with the new F/J, there is less of a chance of substitution if they keep it on the BRU/GVA routes.
If they used it on a route such as LHR with many different frequencies, it is more likely for frequent substitutions. As LHR might be more "premium", passengers are more likely to be angrier if the aircraft gets substituted.
Once they have enough aircraft with the new product, it is is likely they will get swapped out of BRU and GVA to other routes.
murtaza12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.