Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:09 am

EK 353 vs EK355 which route has a higher chance of first class?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Pleasantly surprised at the new F suite on the GRU-DXB route Oct 19!
Super lucky to have experienced it as I don't recall seeing it in this route before.
Such a treat on the long 14+ hour flight.

The suite is indeed impressive, lots of space and privacy.
But ... not sure if it was an issue with my seat, by it wasn't 100% flat. Towards the feet, it had a weird angle.
Didn't bother me much, but was something I noticed a few times during the flight.
Load was 3/6; could have asked to move, but got lazy and cozy in my own cocoon!

The A380 goes back to the route in November, so don't expect the surprise to happen again.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by burg_rtw
Super lucky to have experienced it as I don't recall seeing it in this route before.

But ... not sure if it was an issue with my seat, by it wasn't 100% flat. Towards the feet, it had a weird angle.
Didn't bother me much, but was something I noticed a few times during the flight.

The A380 goes back to the route in November, so don't expect the surprise to happen again.
I noticed the same thing about the seat. Seemed angled to me and not fully flat.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by burg_rtw

Yes since day one this has been an issue - doesn't matter which seat you choose. I simply don't understand why EK thought this was a good idea. On some of the (much) older 380 J seats this is an issue too.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by saaveraward
I noticed the same thing about the seat. Seemed angled to me and not fully flat.
I noticed it myself too on my last flight. Maybe it was meant to help with the zero gravity feeling
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Oh dear, we have a few members with spirit levels on this board, so they'll probably complain about that....
Old Oct 30, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I just realized that I'm booked on EK46 F on Nov 5th but the winter flight plan is changing from B777 to A380 in November...

I'm looking at options to change the award flight FRA-DXB (based in FRA) to still experience the B777 F.
Anybody have any advice which route would be safe with the winter flight plan?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:15 am
R2

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I just realized that I'm booked on EK46 F on Nov 5th but the winter flight plan is changing from B777 to A380 in November...

I'm looking at options to change the award flight FRA-DXB (based in FRA) to still experience the B777 F.
I would go for GVA - smaller city, smaller airport (probably even can't handle the A380) yet likely to have a relatively high demand for full fare F seats.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 5:57 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

You mean new F?
BRU was the ‘launch route’ when they introduced it. But ‘safe’ does not exist in this context.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 7:36 am

Any UK routes being served in December?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by R2
I would go for GVA - smaller city, smaller airport (probably even can't handle the A380) yet likely to have a relatively high demand for full fare F seats.
Unfortunately GVA's flight on November 5th is already full in F.

The only other flights with the new F departing Europe on November 5th are: ZRH (EK 86) and BRU (EK 182 & EK 184). Hopefully that helps.

Originally Posted by manutd123
Any UK routes being served in December?
Nothing scheduled at the moment. Though it's very possible EK might add a few extra LHR flights like they did in October.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus

The only other flights with the new F departing Europe on November 5th are: ZRH (EK 86) and BRU (EK 182 & EK 184). Hopefully that helps
Thanks a lot for the very helpful advice!
I wanted to avoid red-eye flights and could not find F availability on EK184.
Thus, decided to stick with the old F on the 380 out of FRA. There will be some other opportunity for me to fly the Gamechanger F.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Qatar Gold
EK219 DXB-MCO 12 Nov just changed from 2 class to 3 class. Any way to check if this is new F now? Can't get a seat map on a dummy booking. I highly suspect not as it has only gone there once (but miles upgrades are available!)
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:10 am
R2

Originally Posted by pifly
EK219 DXB-MCO 12 Nov just changed from 2 class to 3 class. Any way to check if this is new F now? Can't get a seat map on a dummy booking. I highly suspect not as it has only gone there once (but miles upgrades are available!)
According to EF, it is old F.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by pifly
Same as the previous reply, it is old F according to Amadeus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.