Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk EK Wiki - please participate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Hi All,

as you may have seen from the announcements, Flyertalk has introduced a fully functional Wiki.

In this Wiki there are pre-populated sections for the major frequent flyer programs, similar to the structure of this forum. The EK Wiki has absolutely no content (well, it has a little now, as I've added Overview, Currencies, Tiers, Fare Types and some other relevant headings). I'd like to invite everyone here who has specific knowledge of the Skywards program to contribute, whether just in one specific section, editing/amending/adding to an existing section or adding an entirely new section.

The Flyertalk Emirates Skywards Wiki sits here.

Editing requires a minimum FT participation level to be enabled, but for those that don't have that level yet (90 posts + 90 days) can of course hopefully use this to find answers to certain issues.

Once we have filled this up with lots of helpful information we can add it to the Forum Dashboard.

A few notes on what I've edited so far:

The default headings were kind of US-program specific, with reference to "Elite Levels" and such (see the LAN page, that's what the EK one looked like), I've removed and amended headings to match the EK program a little better, I've also included information on Business Rewards as I think there is a lack of coverage on that in this forum.

I think making use of the markup abilities of the Wiki software is important, this includes bullet lists, bolding and italics, as well as internal and external links (you'll notice I've added links to the Twitter support and EK FAQ pages), so here some quick tips:

- The section headings are created with two equals signs before and after: ==Heading==, you can create a higher level heading with ===, but the formatting of this doesn't match the page and so I removed all those headings for now
- To make something bold enclose it with three apostrophes: '''BOLD HERE'''
- To make something italic enclose with 2 apostrophes: ''ITALIC''
- An internal link is enclosed with two square parentheses with an optional pipe character to customize the text: [[Emirates_Skywards#Fare_Type fare type]] Will add a link to the Fare Type section of the Emirates Skywards page and display it as "fare type" (see Tier Miles under Currencies in the Wiki where this is used)
- An external link is enclosed by single square parentheses with a space to customize the text, [[url]https://twitter.com/Emiratessupport Twitter Support] creates a link with the text "Twitter Support" to the EK Twitter page.

Please keep information factual and objective, and let's discuss the Wiki page overall in this thread. I will be adding links to FT master threads for certain topics to the Wiki as well as reference for people looking to further discuss certain matters.

Last edited by skywardhunter; Sep 11, 2017 at 11:37 am
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Added Op-up detail and ranking, master threads (please add more that I've missed) and Skywards zones.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Really like the Emirates Forum Dashboard. Just the look of it motivates me to spend a lot more time here irrespective of the rather small number of EK flights I complete each year.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Added Op-up detail and ranking, master threads (please add more that I've missed) and Skywards zones.
Nice initiative! Would encourage to provide information that's additive to official sources.

I'm not very good with the formatting and don't know how to create tables, but I would suggest adding the following

1. adding an overview of Tier Mile earning rates

Y Flex Plus = Base Tier Miles (based on Zones, see below) = 1.00x
Y Flex = 0.75x
Y Saver = 0.30x
Y Special = 0.15x

J Flex Plus = 1.90x
J Flex = 1.75x
J Saver = 1.25x
J Special = 1.00x

2. Bonus Skywards Miles based on Status

Platinum = 0.75x
Gold = 0.50x
Silver = 0.25x

Example:
DXB-LHR in J Flex for a Plat
= 3,000x1.75 = 5,250 Tier Miles + 3,000x0.75 Bonus Miles = 7,500 Skyward Miles

DXB-LHR in Y Flex for a Gold
= 3,000x0.75 = 2,250 Tier Miles + 3,000x0.50 Bonus Miles = 4,500 Skyward Miles

3. adding a column to the Zone List with the Base Tier Miles earned between DXB and that Zone

New Zealand 8,850
Australia (East) 7,450
Australia (West) 5,650
North America (West) 7,000
North America (East) 6,000
Middle East 1,000
South America 6,500
Japan 4,500
Europe (West) 3,000
Africa (South & West) 3,500
Near East 1,400
Far East 3,500
Africa (North & East) 2,400
Asian Sub Continent (East) 2,100
Asian Sub Continent (North) 1,100
Europe (South) 1,700
Asian Sub Continent (South) 1,700

(I have the data for upgrade requirements as well)

Last edited by extramileage; Sep 12, 2017 at 3:57 am Reason: added example
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks extramileage, is this from the current Website or your personal records? If the latter how long ago did you confirm the accuracy? Just want to be sure it's still accurate, will update the Wiki tonight when I get the time
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Thanks extramileage, is this from the current Website or your personal records? If the latter how long ago did you confirm the accuracy? Just want to be sure it's still accurate, will update the Wiki tonight when I get the time
It should be current data. Looked it up not that long ago. Tier earning info updated for recent changes to Y Flex / Saver earning rates.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by extramileage
It should be current data. Looked it up not that long ago. Tier earning info updated for recent changes to Y Flex / Saver earning rates.
Perfect thanks
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Added to the Overview section that tier miles can be earned on a codeshare with an EK flight number.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Editing requires a minimum FT participation level to be enabled, but for those that don't have that level yet (90 posts + 90 days)
Thats alot of posts !

Looks good though
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat54
Thats alot of posts !

Looks good though
Set by FT Admins, not me
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:39 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Bigtime kudos to @gorbatzjov and @pomkiwi and @skywardhunter for their work in creating one of the best FT Wiki pages on the site. Amazing job all!

And as a reminder, if you have 90 posts and 90 days on FT, you can edit Wiki programs there too -- just head over and start writing! If you need a hand there are a few simple "how to" pages, but for the most part you can just find a page you like, hit edit, copy the formatting you like and paste it into the page you want to edit -- and just change the text! So easy
skywardhunter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.