FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   EK vs BA vs VS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1865025-ek-vs-ba-vs-vs.html)

nmc980 Sep 4, 2017 6:10 am

EK vs BA vs VS

HI All,

Need a little bit of insight regarding Economy on EK vs Premium Economy on BA & VS.

Mrs NMC980 is going to be travelling in her 3rd trimester at Xmas and wants to be as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately Business is not an option and there are no J-class reward seats available on EK. Has anyone flown PE on BA or VS? One better than the other? How does it compare to EK?

Thanks!
NMC980

scotclif Sep 4, 2017 6:17 am

Well the bad news is EK doesn't operate a premium product, the good news is the economy product is as good (outwith leg space) as most premium products.

Having recently used BA Business Product on B747, A380 aircraft's, i will firmly say EK wins w=hands down for like to like products.

Hope this helps somewhat.

nmc980 Sep 4, 2017 6:21 am

Originally Posted by scotclif (Post 28774212)
Well the bad news is EK doesn't operate a premium product.

Thanks Scotclif - have clarified this now in the original post :)

vytas315 Sep 4, 2017 6:31 am

BA PE is way more comfortable than EK economy. I've flown both in the last year. BA PE has much more space and better service + overall experience. I don't think you can really compare the two.

EK economy is good, but it is still cattle class and you're piled in like sardines. BA PE feels a bit like domestic first class in the US. Seats are a bit smaller but much better than even the best economy seat.

Haven't flown VS so can't compare...

nmc980 Sep 4, 2017 6:36 am

Originally Posted by vytas315 (Post 28774250)
BA PE is way more comfortable than EK economy. I've flown both in the last year. BA PE has much more space and better service + overall experience. I don't think you can really compare the two.

EK economy is good, but it is still cattle class and you're piled in like sardines. BA PE feels a bit like domestic first class in the US. Seats are a bit smaller but much better than even the best economy seat.

Haven't flown VS so can't compare...

Great - thanks!

EK004 Regular Sep 4, 2017 7:46 am

It depends what route. If you are going on the BA A380 then definitely go for BA, if you are on a BA777 then think long and hard about it. The route to BKK with BA in PE is awful. Old seats and outdated AVOD

Yoshi212 Sep 4, 2017 8:36 am

VS PE > BA WT+

BA has an upside of 3 flights to VS having 1 flight per day for different times that work for different people.

Is QF also an option?

skywardhunter Sep 4, 2017 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 (Post 28774663)
VS PE > BA WT+

BA has an upside of 3 flights to VS having 1 flight per day for different times that work for different people.

Is QF also an option?

3 flights to where? OP hasn't specified route unless I missed it?

Yoshi212 Sep 4, 2017 8:52 am

@skywardhunter, you are correct that OP hasn't stated a routing. I assumed a LON-DXB routing because it's the EK forum but it could easily be otherwise.

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28774677)
3 flights to where? OP hasn't specified route unless I missed it?

skywardhunter Sep 4, 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 (Post 28774728)
@skywardhunter, you are correct that OP hasn't stated a routing. I assumed a LON-DXB routing because it's the EK forum but it could easily be otherwise.

Could be anywhere in Asia, Africa or Australia (donno if VS flies there), hence earlier post asking which BA a/c as this affects viability of BA PE vs others.

nmc980 Sep 4, 2017 9:13 am

Sorry guys - yes, either LGW-DXB or LHR-DXB.

Yoshi212 Sep 4, 2017 9:55 am

In that case my original statement stands of VS PE > BA WT+ but BA has more flight options which may be an advantage for your wife.
I have not flown QF's PE product but it does look nice and does have the advantage of being able to credit to either EK or OneWorld programs.
OP mentioned that there are no EK J awards but are there any QF PE or J award seats available via EK for redemption?

Originally Posted by nmc980 (Post 28774804)

cheung.chunyuenc Sep 4, 2017 9:58 am

VS Premium Economy is one of my best experience I had compared to other airlines.
BA World Traveller Plus is also not bad, but I believe VS is a better one

Do you have any status of FFP to consider, apart from EK?
Of course it depends on your schedule, whether the airline is better.

skywardhunter Sep 4, 2017 10:27 am

If EK Y ist much cheaper perhaps consider purchasing an extra legroom seat? This may be a compromise option if you wish to stay with EK or save 💰

Mr_Ed Sep 4, 2017 10:33 am

Originally Posted by nmc980 (Post 28774804)

Have you taken into account how long it takes a taxi/train/car/walk to either airport? :D