FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   EK 767 DXB-JNB October 2nd (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1863403-ek-767-dxb-jnb-october-2nd.html)

safari_7 Aug 27, 2017 12:22 am

EK 767 DXB-JNB October 2nd

So, I get an email to say that due to operational reasons I've been downgraded from F to J on the EK 767 flight?

No reason given ..... really bizarre

Saltire74 Aug 27, 2017 1:42 am

Hi Safari_7

A quick search on Expertflyer shows the aircraft operating as a 2 class 77W. Not sure what that flight is normally operated by.

Assuming you you are starting your journey in DXB, do you have the flexibility to change to one of the other three earlier flights that day that are operating with F class? A call to EK should get this sorted for you if you can take any of the earlier flights. The EK761 operating on the 3rd at 04:05 (5 hours later) also looks to be operated by a 2 class which nearly could have been another option but obviously wouldn't be now.

Hope me you get it sorted but definitely give EK a call

S

skywardhunter Aug 27, 2017 2:18 am

Definitely call EK and switch, unusual to see a 2-class to South Africa as it's usually quite a premium heavy route

cois Aug 27, 2017 2:42 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28741015)
Definitely call EK and switch, unusual to see a 2-class to South Africa as it's usually quite a premium heavy route

Yes very strange considering how full it usually is and them adding the a380 back on that route as well.

I also this week noticed that they swapped the 20h05 CPT-DXB from Oct 2 from 3 to a 2 class as well.

Flame3601 Aug 27, 2017 10:36 am

Also agree very strange , i have noticed 3 class switches to two class 777 on DXB-CPT/JNB segment in the past , however these have all been at T-48hrs. Strange they are doing it so far out , but they must have good reason for it. Luckily for you , there are still 3 more options with F.

safari_7 Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks a lot for all the responses - Will check with them today.

gillyd22 Aug 28, 2017 12:35 am

Same happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Received an email saying there was a schedule change on part of my itinerary. Turns out id been downgraded from F to J on the 770 (DXB - CPT). Quick call to Ek and I changed to leave earlier on the same day and on to the 772 and now back in F. This is in October also.

hamcan Aug 28, 2017 7:31 am

Similar situation for me, but even worse.
Was supposed to fly HAM-DXB-SIN and later PVG-DXB-HAM, also in October.
Received e-mail that PVG-DXB segement will be downgraded to 2 class, so downgraded me F to J. I was able to change this segment to ICN-DXB, with no surcharge after hard negotiations (I reported this already in another thread).
So I was leaning back relaxed, until last weekend when they e-mailed me again that my HAM-DXB segment will also be downgraded.
Nothing I can do here, as I have to be in Singapore at a certain time.
I must admit that I'm most dissappointed, that 2 out of 4 (original) flights are 2 class planes now.

safari_7 Aug 28, 2017 8:01 am

I just called them today and re-booked on the earlier flight ....... It was smooth and easy.

Flame3601 Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

Originally Posted by safari_7 (Post 28745274)
I just called them today and re-booked on the earlier flight ....... It was smooth and easy.

Glad to hear, enjoy !