Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

SURVEY: Would You Like To See An Official EK Rep/Lurker On The Forum?

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Fellow Flyertalkers

We have piqued the interest of Emirates in joining our forum on an official capacity.

They have asked our contributors to answer a short survey (questions not set by EK) to see what sort of engagement we would be interested in.

The Moderator & Ambassador Team would be grateful if you could spend a few moments and complete the questions below using the same format in a normal post.

If there is an interest from Flyertalk Members in having an Official Emirates representation on the forum and they agree to come onboard, this information will allow them to make sure their role is beneficial to the forum and its members.

If EK take up the invitation, the role may develop over time and to ensure that both the Flyertalk Community and EK benefit from their involvement, the community are asked to follow any guidelines posted in the future if our invitation is accepted.

Thanks

Q1:
Would you like to see an Official EK Representative on Flyertalk? (If NO, could you please give your reasons as this will also be assessed in the feedback).

Q2:
If Emirates were to join the forum in an official capacity, what contributions would you like to see from them?

Q3:
Which online resource do you go to most when looking for information about flying Emirates or their Frequent Flyer Programme, Skywards? Emirates Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flyertalk or other Social Media/Online site? List sites in order of usage.

Any other comments:

Thanks for taking the time to answer this short survey.

Saltire74
Print Wikipost

SURVEY: Would You Like To See An Official EK Rep/Lurker On The Forum?

Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
which would suggest to me that the respondents may not be interested in such commercials or they would already subscribe to such
That's assuming EK use FT as an advertising platform which hopefully is not the case.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:35 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
50:50, Phone A Friend or Ask The Audience?
Attached Images  
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
I really think that most pro and cons have been listed by now.
I tend to agree with the majority here that if they accept to join, they should add value and not copy paste information from their official channels which most of us will be knowing about. This forum is not Facebook but a group of passionate people about travel & points who have a certain degree of knowledge of the industry.
I appreciate for instance the way SPG is handling this forum.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
How long would you expect to keep this open for before a decision is made ?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Seat54
How long would you expect to keep this open for before a decision is made ?
I seemed to me that the decision was already made ...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ioto1902
I seemed to me that the decision was already made ...

No decision has yet been made.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
I would say NO.
Why? Knowing EK this would def be used to suite their PR marketing purposes rather than add value to this community. Plus we all know how they react to negative press hence a more defensive tone would be used for sure.
On top of that, honestly i can only foresee some commercial engagement by some members asking why this fare or this price vs that upgrade and so on... EK customer support is quite efficient and there are already many channels for that (phone, FB, Twitter, Web Chat, App, etc) hence no need for one more - my humble opinion.

Lets also not forget that since its EK PR team which will be official involved, there is nothing that they potential could share here there is not already public domain, so i think the forum wouldnt really have any benefit vs the arm this can cause.

On a last hypothetical note, how do you feel if EK would be willing to pay to be here? Just asking...

Last edited by Bubus78; Sep 25, 2017 at 1:46 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bubus78

On a last hypothetical note, how do you feel if EK would be willing to pay to be here? Just asking...
I would be even more against it. It is bad enough that "official" representatives can spam fora and include commercial links with impunity - one that is paying to be able to do the same would be likely spamming even more

There is no need for an official rep - there was never a request by those who frequent the forum to ask EK to engage
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I would be even more against it. It is bad enough that "official" representatives can spam fora and include commercial links with impunity - one that is paying to be able to do the same would be likely spamming even more

There is no need for an official rep - there was never a request by those who frequent the forum to ask EK to engage
Belt up Dave. You've made your position clear enough, no need to 'spam' the forum anymore.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Post #1 explains why we started the survey.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:20 am

Incorrect.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post22471576
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Emirates
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Belt up Dave. You've made your position clear enough, no need to 'spam' the forum anymore.
That’s a bit harsh. It is not uncommon on here for someone to rephrase or even repeat comments after someone else introduces a new idea or a different slant. The question about paying certainly requires a response. It is not normal practice to tell someone to belt up - aren’t there rules about polite debate?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Out of curiosity , let say EK do come onboard and down the line we as a collective group decide it was mistake or not really working out. Are we able to pull the plug on it , that being asking EK to leave us alone 😂.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Out of curiosity , let say EK do come onboard and down the line we as a collective group decide it was mistake or not really working out. Are we able to pull the plug on it , that being asking EK to leave us alone 😂.
​​​​​​I think it is something we should be willing to do if it were to come to that
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:50 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Hi All

Just a quick update. We have collated your contributions (both for and against) and will allow EK to digest the information.

My suggestion would be that we do not close this thread at present but allow any further discussion to take place as EK (as some have pointed out) have the ability to lurk and see the live thread and any further discussion.

Thank you thus far for all your valuable contributions and when we hear anything from EK we will let you know.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.