FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   EK 206 Shower after stop? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1861330-ek-206-shower-after-stop.html)

Flaneurs Aug 16, 2017 11:16 am

EK 206 Shower after stop?

I am thinking about booking a JFK-MXP-DXB outbound as it has better availability. Normally we fly straight to DXB so I got to thinking... In F, can we shower once on each leg (i.e. on the way to Milan and then again just before landing in DXB? I know it is a first world problem and we can always shower in the F lounge but it just got me to wondering if the FAs treat the flight as a single flight with a stop or if they treat it as though it is two separate flights with one number. Also, do you suppose that caviar could be ordered twice also? Last question: do we need to deplane or can we just hang in the suite during the unload, reload? Thanks in advance for any help. In any case, I am sure there will be some serious wine/bubbly consumed!

DYKWIA Aug 16, 2017 11:45 am

That won't be a problem. It will be a different crew (they change at MXP), and effectively 2 separate flights. So, you'll have 2 full meals (caviar x 2).

Not sure whether you have do disembark at MXP. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to confirm.

Flaneurs Aug 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Great. Thanks for the speedy response. I didn't even consider they would swap out the crew but it makes sense now that you say it! Hopefully someone knows about the disembarkation at MXP (wouldn't be a deal killer anyway but it would be good to know what to expect.)

skywardhunter Aug 16, 2017 12:56 pm

I stand to be corrected but AFAIK everyone must disembark at MXP. There is an EK lounge

Seaforth Aug 17, 2017 3:30 am

Skywardhunter is correct. I flew this route (JFK-MXP-DXB) in June last year and was surprised that everyone had to disembark (with all hand luggage) and when we re-boarded it was effectively a new flight as there was a new crew and everything had been replaced or restocked (headphones, duvets, pillows, bar etc). There is a smallish EK lounge to pass the time.

Flaneurs Aug 17, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks Seaforth and skywardhunter for the info. I am surprised as it is a fairly short time for a full turnaround. I went ahead and booked the flight as it doesn't change the overall travel time due to the connecting flight being the same. Do we go through customs/immigration/security after disembarking in MXP before we get to the lounge? Somehow I am betting we don't go straight from the plane into the lounge and back via a dedicated A380 jetbridge like DXB, JFK and others.

skywardhunter Aug 17, 2017 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Flaneurs (Post 28702051)
Thanks Seaforth and skywardhunter for the info. I am surprised as it is a fairly short time for a full turnaround. I went ahead and booked the flight as it doesn't change the overall travel time due to the connecting flight being the same. Do we go through customs/immigration/security after disembarking in MXP before we get to the lounge? Somehow I am betting we don't go straight from the plane into the lounge and back via a dedicated A380 jetbridge like DXB, JFK and others.

There won't be customs, can't speak to transit security. It's quite a nice flight actually as you get two mid-haul F flights for the price of one.

Flaneurs Aug 17, 2017 9:18 am

That was our thought too! It gives us some time to stretch our legs (other than the mandatory trip to the J bar in the back). I haven't checked the miles earned but I think it should be more than JFK-DXB direct. Mrs. Flaneurs is slightly concerned we may not get pajamas on both flights as neither is long haul.

Flaneurs Aug 17, 2017 9:20 am

To be clear, we will not be going to the J bar in the pajamas. :)

skywardhunter Aug 17, 2017 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Flaneurs (Post 28702104)
That was our thought too! It gives us some time to stretch our legs (other than the mandatory trip to the J bar in the back). I haven't checked the miles earned but I think it should be more than JFK-DXB direct. Mrs. Flaneurs is slightly concerned we may not get pajamas on both flights as neither is long haul.

It's the same amount of miles, as you're ticketed JFK-DXB and EK works on region-based mile earning, not distance flown.

NZZO Aug 19, 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28702079)
There won't be customs, can't speak to transit security. It's quite a nice flight actually as you get two mid-haul F flights for the price of one.

I did the flight in July and no transit security. Just walked off the aircraft directly into the departure area. Went up into the lounge for a shower and coffee, and then a fairly short wait before reboarding directly from the lounge. It was a very relaxed transit experience.