Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The EK Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The J Lounge has the champagne bar as well, which is nice (serves 4 types of Moet)
Excellent i had no idea, i'll look out for it next week
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
The J Lounge has the champagne bar as well, which is nice (serves 4 types of Moet)
I saw this is in Concourse B... does anyone know if the Business Lounges in A and C also hold the four types of Moët champagne? Not sure when will be connecting next time
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by docsxx

I saw this is in Concourse B... does anyone know if the Business Lounges in A and C also hold the four types of Moët champagne? Not sure when will be connecting next time
No, unfortunately not. The standard champagne in all the J lounges is the Moet Brut. In the Champagne Bar at the B lounge they also serve the nectar, rose and some vintage version I forget the name of
docsxx likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:54 pm

No, unfortunately not. The standard champagne in all the J lounges is the Moet Brut. In the Champagne Bar at the B lounge they also serve the nectar, rose and some vintage version I forget the name of
Thanks, looks like my DXB-LHR will leave from Terminal 3
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:54 pm

Thanks for the info! I will certainly do my best to visit the B business lounge in my next trip.

This said, it is perplexing that the best champagne is served in Dubai terminal 3 in the Business Class Lounge (concourse B), not in the First Class Lounge... I think the vintage that you mention is about double price of the regular one (about 70 euros or so the bottle), but I could be wrong.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:38 pm

https://www.ausbt.com.au/visiting-em...e-bar-in-dubai

Here is a bit more on the Champagne Lounge here
docsxx likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:59 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Rebound
All EK flights leave from T3. But there are 3 ‘concourses’, A, B and C. They all have their own lounges (J and F), but you are not restricted to the lounge in the concourse your flight departs from. So - time permitting - you can hop over to the B lounge and the Moët bar in the B J lounge. Turn right after entering and walk all the way to the end. There are also signs showing the way.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:27 am

All EK flights depart Terminal 3. At DXB the terminals are best used to describe the landside check-in and baggage reclaim/arrivals areas, not the airside areas. Terminal 3 feeds into 3 concourses, A, B and C. Of these C is the oldest and A is the newest (and requires a short train ride to reach). Each concourse has a J and an F lounge (with C having an additional combined lounge at the far end near C7). The A Lounges are the biggest and most spacious, but the food selection, champagne bar and free costa coffee make B a fair choice depending on what you're looking for. A has the best showers. C has beer on tap and the hidden fridge with all the nice wine.
Originally Posted by docsxx

Thanks for the info! I will certainly do my best to visit the B business lounge in my next trip.

This said, it is perplexing that the best champagne is served in Dubai terminal 3 in the Business Class Lounge (concourse B), not in the First Class Lounge... I think the vintage that you mention is about double price of the regular one (about 70 euros or so the bottle), but I could be wrong.
The F lounges have a nicer champagne (no idea which, I never get to go there ). The Moet vintage isn't a typical vintage, it's something grand or something with a big year number printed on a black label, either way the champagne bar is a great place to hang out, and generally much quieter than the rest of the lounge. There's also a full bar as well as some Mediterranean appetizers and some canapes
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
From recent experience, I think B J Moët lounge is the best Champagne in any lounges. I wonder if even iO have to slum it?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

All EK flights leave from T3. But there are 3 ‘concourses’, A, B and C. They all have their own lounges (J and F), but you are not restricted to the lounge in the concourse your flight departs from. So - time permitting - you can hop over to the B lounge and the Moët bar in the B J lounge. Turn right after entering and walk all the way to the end. There are also signs showing the way.
Thanks, sorry I got confused, it also looks like my flight leaves from B - so the J lounge there is where i'll be -
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:05 am

Thanks, sorry I got confused, it also looks like my flight leaves from B - so the J lounge there is where i'll be -
No way to tell until the gate for your exact flight is published. They don't use the same gates or concourses every day
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:45 am

C has beer on tap . . . .
That's a new one on me. Where would I find it?

I usually head upstairs but could easily stop off on the way if required.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:47 am

The F lounges have a nicer champagne (no idea which, I never get to go there ).
I have been in the First Lounges and I only found Moët being served... has anyone seen anything else being offered? If I am right, then the Business Lounge B has the best champagne offer but I could be wrong...?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:51 am

All EK flights depart Terminal 3. At DXB the terminals are best used to describe the landside check-in and baggage reclaim/arrivals areas, not the airside areas. Terminal 3 feeds into 3 concourses, A, B and C. Of these C is the oldest and A is the newest (and requires a short train ride to reach). Each concourse has a J and an F lounge (with C having an additional combined lounge at the far end near C7). The A Lounges are the biggest and most spacious, but the food selection, champagne bar and free costa coffee make B a fair choice depending on what you're looking for. A has the best showers. C has beer on tap and the hidden fridge with all the nice wine.
Best summary ever of the different lounges in Terminal 3! this should go to the dashboard somewhere...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by ft101
That's a new one on me. Where would I find it?

I usually head upstairs but could easily stop off on the way if required.

In the far right corner of the bar area. TBH it's been a few years since I used it, and I didn't pay attention to whether it was still there on my recent visit, so perhaps it no longer is, but for years there was a Heineken tap that you could serve yourself with

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.