Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK - Status Match (Silver)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Greglem
After 5 consecutive years of being an EK Gold member, I will lose this status next year, being silver then.
I am Gold with AF.
Is there any status-match promotion or campaign, or should I just call Skywards and ask ?

Thank you

Edit : I am SPG Gold, and probably Plat next year. Don't know if it can help since there is a partnership between SPG and EK
I doubt very much they will status match you, as they already can see your EK flying has dropped. And, I believe the status match is generally to one level below what what you are being matched from. In your case, AF Gold would get you EK Silver.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:29 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
EK told me that they will only match one level above your current status per their email correspondence with me upon requesting a status match....."However, Emirates Skywards currently offers tier upgrades only to the next higher Tier..." So, if currently Blue they will match to Silver, if currently Silver they will match to Gold, regardless of ones higher status in another programme.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by NoY
EK told me that they will only match one level above your current status per their email correspondence with me upon requesting a status match....."However, Emirates Skywards currently offers tier upgrades only to the next higher Tier..." So, if currently Blue they will match to Silver, if currently Silver they will match to Gold, regardless of ones higher status in another programme.
Did both conditions potentially exist for you? Strictest rule applies perhaps which in the case of Greglem means no match.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
Did both conditions potentially exist for you? Strictest rule applies perhaps which in the case of Greglem means no match.
Not sure exactly what you mean? I was EK Blue & was matched to EK Silver, whilst using my BA Gold /Emerald & Qatar Platinum/Emerald to match from (both top tier). Mrs NoY was Blue & was also matched to Silver whilst only using only EY Gold (not top tier) to match from. We both showed proof of forward F & J EK bookings in our EK accounts.

I would imagine @Greglem will get matched to EK Gold from EK Silver using his AF Gold, provided they accept his "profile" as being worthy (forward bookings etc etc) - SPG Plat will get nothing.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:27 am

There appears to be two rules. One is you're matched to one tier below what you hold elsewhere, the other is one up from your existing EK tier. You both went down (at least) one tier from your existing non EK program and up one in Skywards.

One down from AF Gold takes Greglem to EK Silver so nothing gained as he is already Silver.

I think.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:37 am
NoY

EK's wording.."However, Emirates Skywards currently offers tier upgrades only to the next higher Tier..." ...thats all I know
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
What is the email address to contact Emirates? Their "Contact Us" page shows live chat and call option only
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Is there a limit how many times you can status match? I.E. if I status match this year from UA can I no longer status match from UA in the future?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Is there a limit how many times you can status match? I.E. if I status match this year from UA can I no longer status match from UA in the future?
EK does not publish any information relating to status matches, whether they do them at all, or under which conditions. Generally speaking it's a once a lifetime type of situation, but that's if they match you at all, and do note that they'll upgrade you one tier, so if you're currently Blue with EK they'll give you Silver at most
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: Skywards
Having said all this... Those who are eligible to bank in the UAE get silver just for opening an account. Just saying
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:50 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Smile

Should be a "one off". The expectation is you're shifting your loyalty to EK. If you can't maintain the status level then you're not really the frequent traveller you're claiming you are when you ask for the Status match.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by WLG Base
Should be a "one off". The expectation is you're shifting your loyalty to EK. If you can't maintain the status level then you're not really the frequent traveller you're claiming you are when you ask for the Status match.
Gotcha, So I'll probably hold off. I was going to do it to try and get higher on the upgrade with miles J-F list on day of departure, but it's a one off so I rather save it for when actually need it...
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Gotcha, So I'll probably hold off. I was going to do it to try and get higher on the upgrade with miles J-F list on day of departure, but it's a one off so I rather save it for when actually need it...
There's no such list. First to ask gets
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There's no such list. First to ask gets
Well I guess I'll be getting to the airport early.

Skwardhunter I really owe you a beer, the wealth of information that you have shared with me this week has gone well above and beyond, Thank You!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hello

I am currently under 'status match' conditions - BA Silver 'matching' to EK Silver.

I did the same a few years ago (I think 3 years ago) and was not able to maintain status as my projects shifted to the US (I am UK based). Match was granted immediately that time.

Contacted them in January via the online form and was granted another match - which is a challenge this time. Ask is to complete to 2 return flights in either Eco Flex/ Eco Flex+/any business/ any first fare bucket within 12 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.