Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discovery Vitality Booking

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by twr
Does. EK limit the number of seats sold for discovery per fare type, so once those are sold it goes up to the next fare?

Reason I ask is I'm. Looking for Jhb to HKG on EK website there are many flex seats on the exact flights I'm. Looking for, when I go on discovery site last week it showed this flights then reappeared now gone again , if I want those seats looks like it's flex plus.

I recently booked flights to Istanbul also on discovery , same thing happened I found my flights for R5300 then when I looked the next days they dissappeard then reappeared gone a few days later and when reappeared I quickly booked it.

It's really badly done that there are like 14 pages of different flights to go through

Or is that myth true that when you keep searching for a flight and don't clear your Web browser it will no longer show the cheapest option ?
I find that it is rather using EK inventory, if the cheapest fare for the route is saver then DV will show saver .... then if saver fare goes sold out on emirates.com the DV will also then now only sell the next fare bucket being flex. So no it is not as if DV have their own quota of seats per fare bucket and it doesn't matter what gets sold on emirates.com directly.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
By default they offer the cheapest but you can absolutely ask them for a specific fare type. I do it with eBucks all the time
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:22 pm
twr

Thanks that makes sense, what I did found weird how saver fares were available then gone then available again,
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:18 am
twr

So I understand we get two international flights a year . I have used one in September and I have booked another for Dec returning in Jan. Yet why does it allow me to book another In fact it says 1 available ? I phoned special projects I did say it will be for next year, she said it could be a system error as 0 should be available and 2 will be available on 1st Jan 2019
I want to book for March next year now, she says I shouldn't because even though it will work they will pick it up an may cancel my upcoming trip in Dec or the one I want to book..... Confused

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.