Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9hr Layover DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Gombak 44
Many thanks, radio girl, for the additional advice. We are scheduled to fly in on an A380 so, unless there is an aircraft change, is it reasonable to assume that we will not be bussed to the terminal?
No
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
I do this length layover frequently. I'll be doing this today, BLR-DBX-BOS 9:35 layover. I agree that there is not a lot to do in Dubai at that time of night. Just not worth the hassle of getting out of and back into the airport. Lots to do at the airport. There is a hotel airside. Also, the lounges have sleeper seats, it can be difficult to find an open one.

I find that by the time I get off the plane and clear security my time is down to 9 hours. Take a shower, shave and brush my teeth; uses up an other half an hour. Get something to eat; an other half an hour. Take a 2/3 hour nap. Then have a little more to eat. Then do some shopping. Sometimes a massage. Time goes pretty fast.
Why the 9.5 hour layover?

I did BLR-DXB-BOS on July 9th and I only had a 2 hour layover taking flights 569 and 237.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Why the 9.5 hour layover?

I did BLR-DXB-BOS on July 9th and I only had a 2 hour layover taking flights 569 and 237.
I'm guessing the difference was a 9-10pm-ish flight out of India vs the 3-4am flight. I'd rather take the 9 hours in DXB in relative comfort (even in Y!) than bleary eyed at 1am-4am in an uncomfortable Indian airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.