FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Need help accessing Emirates Lounge Melbourne (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1848915-need-help-accessing-emirates-lounge-melbourne.html)

helpmeimpoor Jun 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Need help accessing Emirates Lounge Melbourne

Hello

My first posting here, so please be gentle...

I'm flying O/S leaving Melbourne Monday 16th of June and wanted to access the Emirates lounge.

I am planning on proposing to my partner prior to boarding so entering the lounge would really help make it 'special'.

I've tried signing up with different credit card companies to take advantage of their promotions (points and complimentary tickets) but neither of these are viable at this stage.

How else can I get access to Emirates (or any other) lounge at Melbourne Airport flying Emirates?

Upgrading to business isn't really a financial option at this point.

TLDR; Need realistic ideas on how I can access Emirates lounge for super romantic proposal.

extramileage Jun 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi!

I can't help with access to the Emirates lounge. The rules are pretty are pretty strict. Unless you have status on Emirates or Qantas, it's unlikely you will get in.

But fear not, a super romantic proposal doesn't require a business class lounge. A glass of champagne and excitement for international trip will suffice!

Find a decent restaurant/bar/lounge airside, order some bubbly and work your magic!

Good luck!

Flame3601 Jun 19, 2017 12:05 am

Maybe contact EK PR or/and Emirates head office in your local area. They might be able to help you.

sydtogla Jun 19, 2017 12:29 am

I thought it was possible to enter lounges for 100USD in DXB and outstations?

DYKWIA Jun 19, 2017 1:25 am

Yes, you can pay to enter. $100 per person.

However, if you really are that poor, I would suggest that $100 would be spent on better things :)

skywardhunter Jun 19, 2017 2:06 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 28459716)
Yes, you can pay to enter. $100 per person.

However, if you really are that poor, I would suggest that $100 would be spent on better things :)

​​​​​​yes can pay, though need to be a Skywards member, not sure if all tiers can pay.

Dave Noble Jun 19, 2017 2:17 am

Is pay to enter now extended across the network? the article I saw indicated that it was only in Dubai where it was offered

m3red Jun 19, 2017 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 28459789)
Is pay to enter now extended across the network? the article I saw indicated that it was only in Dubai where it was offered

yes certain outstations are now included.

eternaltransit Jun 19, 2017 3:28 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 28459902)
yes certain outstations are now included.

It's now pretty much all of them except those where prohibited by law/no credit card machine but at the moment you still need access yourself before paying for guests.

That will be changing quite soon though, so all pax can pay in.

Jodieh12 Jun 19, 2017 3:35 am

Not sure I'd class the business lounge as "super romantic" it's just a means to an end, that's just my own opinion. I'd also like some "private time" with my hubby to be once he'd proposed to me and I don't think I'd get that on a flight even in First!!

subject2load Jun 19, 2017 4:02 am

Last time I was in the EK lounge at Melbourne it was so crowded (& noisy) that any romantic thoughts would have dissipated pretty swiftly.

I certainly wish you the very best for a 'smooth proposal', so to speak. But in all honesty best not to harbour any mental images of airport lounges being akin to some sort of seventh wonder of the world. Not even remotely ;)

skywardhunter Jun 19, 2017 4:13 am

Does MEL have some kind of rooftop viewing terrace? HKG has a nice hidden away one which is usually quiet.

Mwenenzi Jun 19, 2017 4:38 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28459985)
Does MEL have some kind of rooftop viewing terrace? HKG has a nice hidden away one which is usually quiet.

Not any longer.

OzTennis Jun 19, 2017 6:45 am

Originally Posted by helpmeimpoor (Post 28459237)
Hello

My first posting here, so please be gentle...

I'm flying O/S leaving Melbourne Monday 16th of June and wanted to access the Emirates lounge.

I am planning on proposing to my partner prior to boarding so entering the lounge would really help make it 'special'.

I've tried signing up with different credit card companies to take advantage of their promotions (points and complimentary tickets) but neither of these are viable at this stage.

How else can I get access to Emirates (or any other) lounge at Melbourne Airport flying Emirates?

Upgrading to business isn't really a financial option at this point.

TLDR; Need realistic ideas on how I can access Emirates lounge for super romantic proposal.

16th June 2018? (can't be this year)

Zol Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Why don't you post here (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ad-2017-a.html) and see if you get lucky with someone flying on the same date.