Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid tier status upgrade Gold and Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid tier status upgrade Gold and Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Qatar Airways
Paid tier upgrades

Looks like Emirates is now selling upgrades between tiers. $300 for blue to silver.

http://whatson.ae/dubai/2017/07/emir...-upgrades-fee/
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by definitelymaybe
Looks like Emirates is now selling upgrades between tiers. $300 for blue to silver.

http://whatson.ae/dubai/2017/07/emir...-upgrades-fee/
Actully quite sad to see EK doing this. J lounges in DXB going to be even busier now. However wouldn't mind paying $300 for a Plat - IO tier upgrade !!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
This has been reported on here before, incl buy-up to Gold for 800$. However we don't know what the criteria are, and the article mentions the cost is not fixed and varies per member. I suspect it is based on your flying behaviour and that you will have already flown a fair amount towards the status to which you're buying up.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: Skywards silver
By next week I will be 400 tier miles short from silver, is that still too far away for emirates to consider gifting me up to silver?
i have more flights booked in flex at the end of the year, but unfortunately they come after my cut off point.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
By next week I will be 400 tier miles short from silver, is that still too far away for emirates to consider gifting me up to silver?
i have more flights booked in flex at the end of the year, but unfortunately they come after my cut off point.
No, but you may have to pop them a message requesting it, incl pointing our your future flights and the fact they're just outside the cut-off.

For renewal they would renew, not sure about first-time tier upgrade.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No, but you may have to pop them a message requesting it, incl pointing our your future flights and the fact they're just outside the cut-off.

For renewal they would renew, not sure about first-time tier upgrade.
Thanks for your reply.
yes it would be a first time tier upgrade, I will pop them through a message this week after the points have been added to my account. The wife would be in an identical situation too, hopefully they will be nice to us.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Actully quite sad to see EK doing this. J lounges in DXB going to be even busier now. However wouldn't mind paying $300 for a Plat - IO tier upgrade !!
Same - I'm going to miss plat renewal I think as well - will end on about 125k although its pretty pointless when you are always in the pointy end. IO is a different ball game though.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
I think the cost will more like $300,000
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:14 am

The only real value of Gold, since they reprioritised op-ups based on ticket type, is remote lounge access. $800 might be worth it depending on how bad the airports are that you fly back from.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
I cheekily asked for an upgrade from Silver to Gold using my SQ TPPS status. I have one upcoming booking on EK. To my surprise it was granted today, about two weeks later ��
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
Originally Posted by Eltham
I cheekily asked for an upgrade from Silver to Gold using my SQ TPPS status. I have one upcoming booking on EK. To my surprise it was granted today, about two weeks later ��
So it took two weeks from emailing them to hear back? I emailed them with a similar request on 29th July but heard nothing.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by tm84
So it took two weeks from emailing them to hear back? I emailed them with a similar request on 29th July but heard nothing.
I used the feedback form under the heading of Skywards, provided a photo of my TPPS card and statement.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
Originally Posted by Eltham
I used the feedback form under the heading of Skywards, provided a photo of my TPPS card and statement.
Yeah did the same, feedback form, scans of cards, statement but wondering how long it took from sending until you heard back? Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by tm84
Yeah did the same, feedback form, scans of cards, statement but wondering how long it took from sending until you heard back? Thanks!
First response was within 24 hours, then about two weeks for approval.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:10 am

Got the same email a couple of days ago:

Hello ABZSimy, you've been specially selected as one of our exclusive Silver members who can, for a limited time, purchase Gold status and unlock even more exclusive benefits and non-stop priority treatment whenever you fly.

Until 31/10/2018, you have the opportunity to purchase 12 months of Emirates Skywards Gold for just USD 800.*
Being targeted seems a bit odd, since I am not close to reaching Gold, and have no future bookings at the moment. Current Skywards Miles balance is 154,174, Tier Miles balance is 27,300. I am DXB-based and most of my trips are in Y.

$800 seems steep for limited additional benefits over Silver. I already have Lounge Key and usually never stick for a lounge away from DXB. I believe that leaves extra miles bonus, priority baggage delivery with a few extra kg's, free wifi, and free preferred seats.

Has anyone else received or taken up an offer recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.