Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Awfully quiet these days. What are y'all up to lately? My travel for work has died down considerably, what used to be 5 trips per year to HYD & HKG is looking like 3 now. I barely "ek"ed out 3 last year and dropped down a tier on AS. But that's just my forecast for the year, things could change rapidly.
I'm up to getting old and losing it - I changed a Y Flex Plus to a J Saver, then realised after I clicked and paid, that I got the month wrong, then tried to change it (willing to pay stupid tax of change fee), but online system is forcing me to into Flex, although It's purchaseable as a new ticket in Saver.

Call up to ask what's going on, get the usual computer says no and the agent trying to fob me off with "it's a condition of the original ticket" - so decide to cancel the ticket and book direct, only for it to have gone past midnight local time and saver being no longer available...

Probably why the call center couldn't do it - transferred to DXB where it was already midnight so point of sale would have said no saver, no luck!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I'm up to getting old and losing it - I changed a Y Flex Plus to a J Saver, then realised after I clicked and paid, that I got the month wrong, then tried to change it (willing to pay stupid tax of change fee), but online system is forcing me to into Flex, although It's purchaseable as a new ticket in Saver.

Call up to ask what's going on, get the usual computer says no and the agent trying to fob me off with "it's a condition of the original ticket" - so decide to cancel the ticket and book direct, only for it to have gone past midnight local time and saver being no longer available...

Probably why the call center couldn't do it - transferred to DXB where it was already midnight so point of sale would have said no saver, no luck!
I've done the same. And I've shown up to the airport thinking I'm getting on the plane... thankfully on US airlines where they're a bit more accommodating.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Flew out of MAN for the first time in a while yesterday on A6-EUC, was reasonably happy to see a newish aircraft, however my ICE kept freezing throughout the flight but this wasn't really an issue as I used my laptop (was a J seat). After a two hour connection in DXB I jumped on to my connection to BKK where I was seated in K, one row in front. As I sat down the guy behind me was complaining that his ICE was not working.. Thinking it seemed too much of a coincidence I looked on the airshow and sure enough I was back on the same aircraft - A6-EUC...!

I'm pretty sure this is the first time Ive had the same aircraft unless I have never noticed before.. would have been pretty rubbish if it was an old a380!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Anyone on here stayed at the Okura prestige Bangkok?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:20 pm

Getting ready to book my next trip so I'm on here a little more often now... but it's not till July! Went from 5-6 trips a year down to 2 :-/
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Getting ready to book my next trip so I'm on here a little more often now... but it's not till July! Went from 5-6 trips a year down to 2 :-/
Wenn need another drink at t Champagne Bar, but unfortunately won't be passing through DXB in July...
Metanoia likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Wenn need another drink at t Champagne Bar, but unfortunately won't be passing through DXB in July...
Sounds like another drink is the last thing you need...
Metanoia, m3red and Saltire74 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'll have a few for you And I'm going to head to Al Hamdulillah in Hyderabad this time. It's come up a number of times since we chatted about it...
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'll have a few for you And I'm going to head to Al Hamdulillah in Hyderabad this time. It's come up a number of times since we chatted about it...
You must!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Skywards
Go behind the scenes at DXB and DWC in our four-part video series about DXB's 45-day runway rehabilitation, a massive and essential project to enable future traffic growth. Our first video shines a light on the complex operational challenges faced by our expert teams on the ground.

Video available on Dubai Airports profile on Linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/dubaiairports/
Tanzguy and skywardhunter like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:04 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Watched the Victory Day Parade in Moscow. Unfortunately didn’t have the usual fly past due a low cloud ceiling.

Last edited by Saltire74; May 9, 2019 at 9:42 pm
Old May 20, 2019, 5:29 pm

Anyone see DJ's in DXB? Wouldn't have minded hearing Hollaphonic, their ICE intro is still stuck in my head. In Arabic, of course.

Thankfully it seems it's not during peak periods, 12-2pm.

https://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai-a...t-resident-djs
Old May 26, 2019, 1:55 pm

Heading to Vietnam over the Christmas holidays.

EK J class coming in at £2593 from LHR to SGN,
will re qualify for silver with this trip and also have enough points to upgrade to F on one of the flights if upgrades become available (only LHR legs)

My conundrum is that QR have flights on the same dates to BKK in J class for £2007, with Qsuites on the LHR legs, I’ve never flown Qatar airways yet and would love to try the Qsuites.
But would lose out on re qualification to silver with EK and would also have to take another flight from BKK to SGN (£100rtn)

Are the Qsuites worth the long way to SGN?
And maybe miss out on a points upgrade to F?
Old May 26, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Heading to Vietnam over the Christmas holidays.

EK J class coming in at £2593 from LHR to SGN,
will re qualify for silver with this trip and also have enough points to upgrade to F on one of the flights if upgrades become available (only LHR legs)

My conundrum is that QR have flights on the same dates to BKK in J class for £2007, with Qsuites on the LHR legs, I’ve never flown Qatar airways yet and would love to try the Qsuites.
But would lose out on re qualification to silver with EK and would also have to take another flight from BKK to SGN (£100rtn)

Are the Qsuites worth the long way to SGN?
And maybe miss out on a points upgrade to F?
That’s a close one - personally, I would say go QR if there is a possibility of you using the EK miles for something else. I don’t think going for the EK status is the wrong choice either but unless you take a lot of connecting flights through DXB in Y I’m not convinced EK Silver is worth sacrificing onboard product for. QR Qsuites from LHR is probably the world’s best J product between the LHR lounge and Qsuites onboard.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
That’s a close one - personally, I would say go QR if there is a possibility of you using the EK miles for something else. I don’t think going for the EK status is the wrong choice either but unless you take a lot of connecting flights through DXB in Y I’m not convinced EK Silver is worth sacrificing onboard product for. QR Qsuites from LHR is probably the world’s best J product between the LHR lounge and Qsuites onboard.
really only travel a few times a year for leisure and generally in premium cabin so EK silver isn’t really a huge benefit. Very tempted for QR, just wondering how often the QSuite flights are chopped and changed at LHR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.