Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
EK IT FAIL:

In other EK news, there's been a significant UI update to "What's On Your Flight." Same info but a more pleasant /modern layout for sure. Nevermind, I think I was an A/B test victim... cleared my cookies for something else and it's gone.

Now if they could only pull Rotten Tomatoes scores for the ICE movies... I might have to create a Chrome extension for this.

Last edited by Metanoia; Nov 2, 2018 at 2:31 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
EK IT FAIL:

In other EK news, there's been a significant UI update to "What's On Your Flight." Same info but a more pleasant /modern layout for sure.

Now if they could only pull Rotten Tomatoes scores for the ICE movies... I might have to create a Chrome extension for this.
^^^ I've always wanted them to show a rating for the movies
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
New virtual seat/cabin preview on the EK App

Just came across a new feature while selecting seats on the EK App - it is now possible to have a virtual preview of the seat, shower spa and bar area. Only works for A380 so far.

Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
EK IT FAIL:
In other EK news, there's been a significant UI update to "What's On Your Flight." Same info but a more pleasant /modern layout for sure. Nevermind, I think I was an A/B test victim... cleared my cookies for something else and it's gone.
I get a new layout as well on my desktop PC. Though it's not working 100% and e.g. the wine lists it shows are completely random and rubbish.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: EK Plat
EK IT FAIL:

Now that would be brilliant!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by gillyd22

Now that would be brilliant!
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
^^^ I've always wanted them to show a rating for the movies
Crap. Rotten tomatoes no longer provides "free" API access, guess I'd have to screen scrape both the EK site and Rotten Tomatoes :-/
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
As I don’t have the option of posting about flying on EK at the moment, the next best thing. First time in three months and have just had a fantastic fish supper..........looveleeeee

S
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
As I dont have the option of posting about flying on EK at the moment, the next best thing. First time in three months and have just had a fantastic fish supper..........looveleeeee

S
What kind of fish? Pics or it didn't happen.
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
What kind of fish? Pics or it didn't happen.
Didnt last long enough to have its pic taken
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:04 am

Does anyone else get irritated by the 2x 1:30 Emirates ICE intro videos? I don't understand the point of it. I'll be ten minutes into a movie and then an annoying man interrupts to tell me that it is in fact possible to watch movies on this TV screen thing in front of me in case I wasn't already aware. It'd be great if it had a "skip" button or if it only played on screens that hadn't registered any button presses since boarding.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ps107
Does anyone else get irritated by the 2x 1:30 Emirates ICE intro videos? I don't understand the point of it. I'll be ten minutes into a movie and then an annoying man interrupts to tell me that it is in fact possible to watch movies on this TV screen thing in front of me in case I wasn't already aware. It'd be great if it had a "skip" button or if it only played on screens that hadn't registered any button presses since boarding.
Yep, that gripe is as old as time (just searched and found a thread complaining about this from 2010), it was discussed recently in this thread: Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yep, that gripe is as old as time (just searched and found a thread complaining about this from 2010), it was discussed recently in this thread: Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)
They did, however, change the voice talent on the English version. So, theoretically we are all getting to see it for the first time again
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I had a really good flight in J today followed by a really crappy one, however totally unrelated to that, there is a question I have been pondering for a while and not sure if it has been discussed..

How does everyone go about tackling the cheeseboard? The ratio of cheese to cracker is way off in my opinion, do you ask for more crackers? do you leave the remaining cheese? or are you content with the current ratio?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Will08
I had a really good flight in J today followed by a really crappy one, however totally unrelated to that, there is a question I have been pondering for a while and not sure if it has been discussed..

How does everyone go about tackling the cheeseboard? The ratio of cheese to cracker is way off in my opinion, do you ask for more crackers? do you leave the remaining cheese? or are you content with the current ratio?
Don't tease us! What made one great and one terrible?

I don't like cheese but I'd probably ask for more crackers because I don't know when to stop
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Will08

it is way off but leaving cheese isnt an option 👀 so it gets flung on the remaining cracker. I have asked for more cheese and crackers and havent (yet) been refused.
Will08 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.