Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:23 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
New plastic cups in Y, very nice, sturdier and a rounded edge rather than the sharp edge on the old ones
Two weeks ago, I flew Y long haul (on any carrier) for the first time in 6 or 7 years.

I was given a plastic cup ( ) with wine in it ( ), this was probably the new 'enhanced' model.

How fortunate that I am not able to compare it to the previous, inferior edition....
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: EK Plat
I've overheard that "Hello Tomorrow" will soon become "Fly Better"...
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Do you have any pictures?
yep... But not a great one
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Lkaroo
I've overheard that "Hello Tomorrow" will soon become "Fly Better"...
Appears to be starting a week today on 1st November.

OFFICIAL EK News Thread
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Hello all, I'm still alive. I just haven't been posting much as I've kinda drifted away from EK and been flying more QR lately, went through a funny stage of finding QR as my cheapest airline in J for the dates i wanted at really nice price points ex-CPT ( usually QR is the most expensive). Missing EK F dearly, will have to book EK soon and get back into my mojo.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:31 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Hello all, I'm still alive. I just haven't been posting much as I've kinda drifted away from EK and been flying more QR lately, went through a funny stage of finding QR as my cheapest airline in J for the dates i wanted at really nice price points ex-CPT ( usually QR is the most expensive). Missing EK F dearly, will have to book EK soon and get back into my mojo.
For which destinations have you found good fares ex CPT on QR?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I like the “The drive to innovate and ‘be better’ is hardwired into Emirates’ DNA" from that press release.

I assume it's a swipe at BA. Alex Cruz once said : "cutting costs is now injected into the DNA of British Airways."
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

New plates in DXB J lounges

Pleasant change as the old ones (round) had a wide rim Tim one couldn't fit much on them, these look nice and one can fit more food on
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR

Pleasant change as the old ones (round) had a wide rim Tim one couldn't fit much on them, these look nice and one can fit more food on
Look similar to (if not the same as) the F lounge plates to me.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Anyone communicate with the contact centres and crew with the NATO phonetic alphabet?

I sit in 20 Alpha, not 20 “A”. And my booking reference is Mike Victor Alpha Two Juliet.

I’ve learned that it’s the way they speak so it’s often helpful.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Anyone communicate with the contact centres and crew with the NATO phonetic alphabet?

I sit in 20 Alpha, not 20 “A”. And my booking reference is Mike Victor Alpha Two Juliet.

Yes, always, the same with my bank. I also use specific fare construction terminology when asking a TA to book my ticket (I get a diacdisc from my bank), e.g.:

I need AAA-BBB win RBD K with a stopover from X to Y dates and a side-trip in RBD Q to CCC.

I often do this to nest a trip to India in a multi city ticket and book the India segment in Saver rather than Flex as the miles earning difference Vs cost makes it much better value. Am on such a trip currently
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Yes, always, the same with my bank. I also use specific fare construction terminology when asking a TA to book my ticket (I get a diacdisc from my bank), e.g.:

I need AAA-BBB win RBD K with a stopover from X to Y dates and a side-trip in RBD Q to CCC.

I often do this to nest a trip to India in a multi city ticket and book the India segment in Saver rather than Flex as the miles earning difference Vs cost makes it much better value. Am on such a trip currently
Definitely.

I tried using Zulu time in every day situations... but that didn't work out so well...
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by extramileage
Definitely.

I tried using Zulu time in every day situations... but that didn't work out so well...
Haha yeah doubt that'd work. I work with teams in different countries so I append a timezone designator to pretty much every time I share in E-Mails or work chat
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh

For which destinations have you found good fares ex CPT on QR?
This is for J, TXL/BKK/MAD/ and more recently PEK for christmas. I am not talking about absolute steals of a price, more better priced then EK and what the competitor can offer in regards to cost vs experience. I quite like doing CPT-DOH-TXL-LHR, with up to TXL on QR then onto BA for the final stretch of the routing, loads of tier miles towards my FFP with BA this way and i get a quite nice STPC in DOH each way.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:03 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Metanoia

Yep, always do!

And by the way, that can’t be your booking reference. Should be 6 alphanumeric, not 5.
Metanoia likes this.

Last edited by thijsseh; Oct 28, 2018 at 8:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.