Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sydtogla
A question but not worth another thread: Are the cigars in the J/F cigar lounges complementary? I've never looked close enough.
Depends what you're drinking them with, whether they're complementary.

I do believe they are complimentary however
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter

Wow, they are?! I've been blowing money at duty free...

On another note, anyone know what the schedule is for food in the J lounge? Is it a weekly/monthly/etc rotation menu? I really like the lamb machbous.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Wow, they are?! I've been blowing money at duty free...

On another note, anyone know what the schedule is for food in the J lounge? Is it a weekly/monthly/etc rotation menu? I really like the lamb machbous.
I've been told it's monthly. At CPT it definitely is and I asked at DXB last month about the egg-mayo sandwiches and if it was monthly to which I got the affirmative, though a few days ago they didn't have them so now I'm not sure. The pepper relish sandwiches are delicious as well, though.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:52 am

Lots of cigars on the cigar menu are paid for iirc - I don't know if there's a base one that's complimentary or not.

I only end up in there when travelling with my father and even then only to drag him out to the dining area when the food has arrived!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:53 am

I've been told it's monthly. At CPT it definitely is and I asked at DXB last month about the egg-mayo sandwiches and if it was monthly to which I got the affirmative, though a few days ago they didn't have them so now I'm not sure. The pepper relish sandwiches are delicious as well, though.
It might be 2-monthly for some cycles.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:12 pm

On the subject of food, other airline forums have an ongoing onboard food thread. I find myself choosing a sub-par menu item sometimes and wish we had some place to discuss... I can start with my next trip in July

Or has this been tried before?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
On the subject of food, other airline forums have an ongoing onboard food thread. I find myself choosing a sub-par menu item sometimes and wish we had some place to discuss... I can start with my next trip in July

Or has this been tried before?
I don't think it has, not the intended the last year or two, but there's a wide variety. I keep having the Chicken Kadai (bit bored of it by now) but it also changes slightly each time, so not sure how easy it is to distinguish between distinct meals.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Quite disappointed how the light bites menu on EK374 dxb-bkk never ever changes hardly over the last few years! Always a steak pie, Nasi goreng (my choice) or laksa.
needs to be changed up a bit now, also the breakfast offerings on same flight have hardly changed in years!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
There's already for at least 90 min an annoying monotonous alarm ringing throughout the east wing of concourse A right now. Even the lounge staff has no idea what it is and it looks like no one knows how to turn it off
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Quite disappointed how the light bites menu on EK374 dxb-bkk never ever changes hardly over the last few years! Always a steak pie, Nasi goreng (my choice) or laksa.
needs to be changed up a bit now, also the breakfast offerings on same flight have hardly changed in years!
Same on ek17 to Manchester - so bored of the menu
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by m3red
Same on ek17 to Manchester - so bored of the menu
yes m3red, it's very repetitive, I cants see why emirates can't rotate these a little bit more.
and the breakfast offerings in J could be a little bit more inventive. Other carriers offer muesli in J and waffles etc. Emirates only offer museli in F to my knowledge, Surley you F flyers don't rate museli up there with caviar and Dom as an F only treat! 😂
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:38 am

yes m3red, it's very repetitive, I cants see why emirates can't rotate these a little bit more.
and the breakfast offerings in J could be a little bit more inventive. Other carriers offer muesli in J and waffles etc. Emirates only offer museli in F to my knowledge, Surley you F flyers don't rate museli up there with caviar and Dom as an F only treat! 😂
Breakfast is woeful - I ask for fruit and yoghurt and coffee if I ever am unfortunate enough to need it.

F is good for dine on demand, not flown J on the A380 in about 2 years so I'm curious to see how it is these days including the food which isn't much different than F.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:12 am

McNuggets and fries for F​​​​​​​
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:09 pm

Breakfast is truly the most repetitive of EK meals - for DXB-SFO (in J) it's ALWAYS scrambled eggs & chives and chicken sausage (aka chicken hot dogs), egg white omelet, indian veg breakfast like curried chickpeas, or cold continental plate. I will probably start eating in the lounge ex-DXB and getting the fruit & cold plate onboard.

There was, once, eggs benedict... once.

Last edited by Metanoia; Jun 4, 2017 at 7:08 pm
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:55 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
DXB- SYD in J I've had chocolate pancakes. That was a good day.
blurt91 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.