Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
This annoys me: flying EK55 to DUS tomorrow and got a load check showing 30 unbooked Y seats so gambled and moved back to 46G figuring I'd have an open seat next to me. Well love and behold a few hours ago the entire seat map is suddenly full. Has there been IRROPS on a DUS flight today causing rebooking? I'd have preferred my 20K if I was going to be stuck with a direct neighbour...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Overhead on the arguably quite tough EK525 HYD-DXB currently boarding (a red eye turnaround for the crew) from one of the FAs during boarding directing Pax at the front of You:

"Do you see the numbers at the top?"
​​​​​​
She's mostly just telling people "last cabin", "last cabin for you", and when she was standing in my row as I arrived and with a smile I remarked "Excuse me, you're in my spot" she gave me a blunt look and simply moved, not acknowledging the smile or (I thought) friendly tone of my voice.

An unfortunately frequent occurrence on these flights, which I think is also due to crew's prejudice towards the predominant passenger segment, who have little to no travel experience.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Overhead on the arguably quite tough EK525 HYD-DXB currently boarding (a red eye turnaround for the crew) from one of the FAs during boarding directing Pax at the front of You:

"Do you see the numbers at the top?"
​​​​​​
She's mostly just telling people "last cabin", "last cabin for you", and when she was standing in my row as I arrived and with a smile I remarked "Excuse me, you're in my spot" she gave me a blunt look and simply moved, not acknowledging the smile or (I thought) friendly tone of my voice.

An unfortunately frequent occurrence on these flights, which I think is also due to crew's prejudice towards the predominant passenger segment, who have little to no travel experience.
ugh... EK525. I avoid 524/525 with a passion.

No excuse for the crew to be rude, but I get it. Maybe we should start bringing the crew Karachi biscuits as a gift/appeasement?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
ugh... EK525. I avoid 524/525 with a passion.

No excuse for the crew to be rude, but I get it. Maybe we should start bringing the crew Karachi biscuits as a gift/appeasement?
I think so. Bone breaker. Also no Gold greeting (I was asleep mostly though to be fair) and no fast track card and 30 min delay just fuelling the after-landing rush to get up
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Has anyone else noticed the new post-flight survey in ICE? I had it on EK55 yesterday on A6-EPA with the latest thin and wide ICE where they show you 5 smiles ranging from sad to happy (though the two happiest looked identical to me) and ask you to rate the flight. I noticed everyone around me selecting the happiest (and one person 2nd happiest) option. Interesting to see EK using ICE to interact more with pax.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Has anyone else noticed the new post-flight survey in ICE? I had it on EK55 yesterday on A6-EPA with the latest thin and wide ICE where they show you 5 smiles ranging from sad to happy (though the two happiest looked identical to me) and ask you to rate the flight. I noticed everyone around me selecting the happiest (and one person 2nd happiest) option. Interesting to see EK using ICE to interact more with pax.
Just noticed today... and you beat me to posting about it! Interesting, except that I was trying to finish my show! I think you could always access a detailed survey deep in ice somewhere but this is an interesting "quick feedback" strategy.

Also noticed today that the cabin crew were not wearing their flag pins. It was a "recent" directive. They are not supposed to discuss it.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm trying to remember which other airline had that. Maybe CO a few years ago (2010??)?

Edit - Actually, just remembered it was a taxi company in Paris (LeCab) I'm getting old and my brain is frazzled.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:39 am

I saw that appearing off and on a few months ago - on perhaps 30-40% of flights, perhaps now that's been extended to all flights/based on IFE?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I saw that appearing off and on a few months ago - on perhaps 30-40% of flights, perhaps now that's been extended to all flights/based on IFE?
It wasn't on EK525 yesterday which had ICE (the old non touch one). Must be on the newest only.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by extramileage
Just noticed today... and you beat me to posting about it! Interesting, except that I was trying to finish my show! I think you could always access a detailed survey deep in ice somewhere but this is an interesting "quick feedback" strategy.

Also noticed today that the cabin crew were not wearing their flag pins. It was a "recent" directive. They are not supposed to discuss it.
Yes the flag issue is being discussed in the "One China Policy" thread, they discussed it with me though we're pretty non-commital in terms of information and said they'd not received any formal communication on it (which I doubt).
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
It wasn't on EK525 yesterday which had ICE (the old non touch one). Must be on the newest only.
A lot of the later EP* frames have the really nice fast IFE with interactive maps.. could be that they could only get the survey on those.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Anybody stayed at the SO Sofitel in bkk? Any thoughts towards it? Looking at it for Christmas time.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Anybody stayed at the SO Sofitel in bkk? Any thoughts towards it? Looking at it for Christmas time.
Yes I have, quite liked it - it was quite quirky with the different themes - I'm not sure I would have liked some of them for my room though. Maybe not a 'polished' hotel - more quirky. The Sofitel on Sukhumvit was sharp though.

Not the nicest hotel I've stayed in, but it was memorable. Good location to walk fairly easily to some 'hotspots'. Pool area too small though if that's what you are going for.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by Stephenk82
Yes I have, quite liked it - it was quite quirky with the different themes - I'm not sure I would have liked some of them for my room though. Maybe not a 'polished' hotel - more quirky. The Sofitel on Sukhumvit was sharp though.

Not the nicest hotel I've stayed in, but it was memorable. Good location to walk fairly easily to some 'hotspots'. Pool area too small though if that's what you are going for.
thanks for your reply, the pool at the so Sofitel did look quite small.
in regards to Sofitel on sukhumvit road, is this a good area to stay in? I've never really explored this area, only visited the shopping centres nearby.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Stephenk82
Pool area too small though if that's what you are going for.
Depends if you are there for the pool party or not

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.