Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by nmc980
I already follow a few of you in Instagram - and of course there are others that prefer to remain private / anonymous - but keen to follow others from the EK forum for a good dose of avgeek and travel goodness.

I'm nath_charles on IG.
Ah ! Saw your name on my live video yesterday, followed back!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
I’m Daandeluxe on Instagram
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daandeluxe
I’m Daandeluxe on Instagram
Followed, I'll follow others who post their usernames, if you'd like to follow me back my username suggests I'm based in CPT (don't like to post it publicly)
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:19 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Think I’ve mentioned it once or twice in past threads that I’m missing EK. Have been BA/OW since my last EK flight just over a year ago now.

So, I’ve got an out of rotation trip next month for a course that I need to attend and having only been on EK, BA or other Oneworld airlines over the past many years, I have become accustomed to the extra nice little bits that come with being in the upper tiers of those associated FFPs such as advanced seat selection, extra baggage, priority check in & security and lounge access.

By gosh, I’ll be coming down to earth with a bang next month........ My company has only gone and booked me on Aeroflot ����. Although I do hear their catering far exceeds that of BA on the Moscow-London route.

I think it’s about time EK started DXB-DME-UK Flights ������

I shall be thinking of you all, surrounded by Bling, whilst I’m eating my cabbage soup.

And for that last comment i’ll BLINGO! myself.

S
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:49 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
And one other thing....these smilies not working properly on iPad most of the time is getting really annoying when trying to convey a sense of humour in ones posts ��

S
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:52 am
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Followed, I'll follow others who post their usernames, if you'd like to follow me back my username suggests I'm based in CPT (don't like to post it publicly)
Will be in for a treat next month with some pics of the inside of an Aeroflot plane (unless I’m carted off to the gulag ).........and now they work

​​​​​​​S
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:25 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Will be in for a treat next month with some pics of the inside of an Aeroflot plane (unless I’m carted off to the gulag ).........and now they work

S
​​​​​​​I just booked a Dubai trip on KLM... Doesn't look great, but for £1100, beggars can't be choosers.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:18 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador

S

Ouch. Have they at least put you up the front? I've heard J is ok if you can stomach the fact that the pilot is probably drunk or hungover.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:21 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Ouch. Have they at least put you up the front? I've heard J is ok if you can stomach the fact that the pilot is probably drunk or hungover.
Down the back
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
You can let me know all about it in April!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
​​​​​​​I just booked a Dubai trip on KLM... Doesn't look great, but for £1100, beggars can't be choosers.
I've got easyJet in February then Etihad in March so not much fun here either.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:09 pm

I just booked a Dubai trip on KLM... Doesn't look great, but for £1100, beggars can't be choosers.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:11 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101
I've got easyJet in February then Etihad in March so not much fun here either.
Some grim tales coming out here

​​​​​​​S
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:13 pm

Some grim tales coming out here

S
I have a grim tale too.

i have to fly on a 2 class 380 because my wife doesn’t want to get the 4am flight in First.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by m3red

I have a grim tale too.

i have to fly on a 2 class 380 because my wife doesn’t want to get the 4am flight in First.
This is almost the perfect definition of a first world problem 😂
thijsseh and ElJudioErrante like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.