Emirates early check in Dubai

Old May 13, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC RA
Emirates early check in Dubai

I'm travelling Manchester - Dubai economy in 10 days time and managed to book seat 68K (seat missing in front) on the A380 for the outward flight.

No leg room seats available on the journey back 2 days later but I believe you can check in at the airport 24 hours in advance of your flight, a couple of questions.

1) Where are the desks for early check in? is it in the terminal as I have read a few things but not really clear.
2) In the past with Emirates I have managed to book the emergency exit seats at the airport but will this still be available to do about 14 hours before the flight at the early check in desk.

Any experience or advice welcome

Thanks
Old May 13, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
In my experience , as long as the aircraft is in airport control and you are not expecting them to take your bags for your flight then you should be fine. I have had a experience were i called up EK's call centre on behalf of a family friend who was rather tall and would benefit from the extra leg room and as he was unable to call them himself as he was sick , i pretended to be him and EK agent was happy to assign "extra leg room seats" with the disclaimer it can be taken away for a family with a baby....

All worked out in the end and he got the seats , maybe give that a go before making the trip to the airport !
Old May 14, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by torcross
I'm travelling Manchester - Dubai economy in 10 days time and managed to book seat 68K (seat missing in front) on the A380 for the outward flight.
Out of interest, are you on EK20 at 21:15?
Old May 14, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Quite surprised you could book 68K before check-in.
Old May 14, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic

No leg room seats available on the journey back 2 days later but I believe you can check in at the airport 24 hours in advance of your flight, a couple of questions.

1) Where are the desks for early check in? is it in the terminal as I have read a few things but not really clear.
2) In the past with Emirates I have managed to book the emergency exit seats at the airport but will this still be available to do about 14 hours before the flight at the early check in desk.

Any experience or advice welcome

Thanks
I'm not sure about all the rules checking in at the airport that early because once I tried to check in for EK221 at about 8pm departing at about 2:30am traveling in J, and was told I could not unless I had already checked in online which I immediately did on my phone and then they accepted my bags. Might have just been the bags that was the issue but it struck me as very odd.

Also, you may have been switched to a newer A380 which does have a seat in front of 68A/K but not 81A/K. This has happened to me where 68A/K became reservable about three days out which is usually never the case with EK exit row seats so still get to airport in good time if you're trying to snag unlimited legroom seats.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
That was the reason for my question in the post above yours. I noticed a bug a while back on 2 class seat selection maps where these seats were made available in advance seat selection. Pic below shows it's still there.

Originally Posted by kq747
Also, you may have been switched to a newer A380 which does have a seat in front of 68A/K but not 81A/K.
The additional seats are 80A/K, not 67A/K.
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2017, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ioto1902
I have managed to book 68K a few times after booking with a few months remaining for the flight,

Last edited by torcross; May 15, 2017 at 6:07 am
Old May 15, 2017, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Out of interest, are you on EK20 at 21:15?

Yes, a week on Thursday.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

That was the reason for my question in the post above yours. I noticed a bug a while back on 2 class seat selection maps where these seats were made available in advance seat selection. Pic below shows it's still there.

The additional seats are 80A/K, not 67A/K.

The plane I'm on does have row 80 with 3 seats but row 67 still has 2 seats.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:44 am

I have managed to book 68K a few times after booking with a few months remaining for the flight,
I think they'll all have been on 2 class frames. Keep doing it until they find out and fix it.

Yes, a week on Thursday.
Then it's definitely a 2 class, so that ties in with the bug mentioned.

The plane I'm on does have row 80 with 3 seats but row 67 still has 2 seats.
All the 2 class ones were delivered after the cabin layout change, so that ties in again.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I'm happy with my seat on the outward flight but I've noticed a few of the normal blocked seats are available to book e.g Row 52 H & K, 52D. Is this normal?

Sorry class 2 configuration.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for replies, worked a treat, managed to book seat 67B on the A380, the lady at check in counter just made a quick call to unblock. Just to add there wasn't a designated early check in counter at Dubai , just any normal one.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:24 pm

Thanks for replies, worked a treat, managed to book seat 67B on the A380, the lady at check in counter just made a quick call to unblock. Just to add there wasn't a designated early check in counter at Dubai , just any normal one.
Did the 68K reservation go OK on the MAN-DXB flight?
Old May 28, 2017, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Did the 68K reservation go OK on the MAN-DXB flight?
No problems at all

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.