Emirates VS Turkish: JFK to DXB

Old May 3, 17, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Emirates VS Turkish: JFK to DXB

Just noticed that Emirates prices, New York (JFK) to Dubai (DXB), went down to $790 for non-stop both ways. I guess a $250 difference for non-stop is reasonable now? I am narrowing it down 2 Emirates VS Turkish
Emirates non-stop with free wifi ($1) 14 hours each way for $790

VS

Turkish 1 stop at IST with free wifi 24 hours each way (Layover is 7-8 hours each way) for $550

I do have priority pass card for lounges in IST in case someone here says Turkish >>>> Emirates despite the 24 hrs each way!
Old May 3, 17, 12:39 am

Programs: EK Gold, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234 View Post
Just noticed that Emirates prices, New York (JFK) to Dubai (DXB), went down to $790 for non-stop both ways. I guess a $250 difference for non-stop is reasonable now? I am narrowing it down 2 Emirates VS Turkish
Emirates non-stop with free wifi ($1) 14 hours each way for $790

VS

Turkish 1 stop at IST with free wifi 24 hours each way (Layover is 7-8 hours each way) for $550

I do have priority pass card for lounges in IST in case someone here says Turkish >>>> Emirates despite the 24 hrs each way!
$120 for 10 hours of my life not on/in an airplane/airport is worth it in my book, and I think EK flies the A380 from JFK which would push me over the top to EK if in economy. I've never flown TK in economy (since 1986), only in J and it was OK, but I don't think economy is as nice as the A380, if EK flies the 777 I might go with the cheaper fare but probably not unless I wanted to spend some time in IST being a tourist.
Old May 3, 17, 1:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Yes, EK. And you can use the Lounge at B with your priority pass on the way out (which IMO is much better than the noisy marhaba lounge).

Also, get your foot on the ladder with skywards and enjoy a better lounge experience in the DXB J lounge one day.
Old May 5, 17, 7:14 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
food service will likely be better on Turkish but little else
Old May 7, 17, 4:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
I fly both TK and EK quite frequently and I can say that in Y, I would almost always fly TK over EK (even in the A380).
Old May 10, 17, 12:38 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
The TK timings from IST to DXB are pretty rough...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: