Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

best seating for family of 4 in business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: former {UA 1k // SPG Gold, HHonors Silver}, now starting up again

Wife, me, and two boys, age 4 and 5 flying r/t JFK-MXP in business class.

Both kids are very very into airplanes, and routinely sit ask to watch (and re-watch) hour-long documentaries on the A380 and 747. They have flown plenty of domestic flights, and a few international. But their highest class of service to date is UA E+, and this will be their first time on the A380. They are excited!

What is the best way to sit together given the emirates config? I was thinking middle four seats, but we are constrained in that the five year old likes to fly in a window seat directly over the wing if possible, so he can look at the engines.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old May 1, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by bmir
Both kids are very very into airplanes, and routinely sit ask to watch (and re-watch) hour-long documentaries on the A380 and 747. [...]

What is the best way to sit together given the emirates config? I was thinking middle four seats, but we are constrained in that the five year old likes to fly in a window seat directly over the wing if possible, so he can look at the engines.
Get the kids window seats (bear in mind that the wings of Mini-Beluga are huge and my obstruct the view quite a bit). You could try to get a row together: The kids sitting in the windows seats and you two in the middle. That way, you'll be able to keep an eye on both of them.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
My experience is that the 4 year old may need closer supervision (constant help changing channels on the iFE, the seat, the food, spillage, etc). You may find yourself constantly getting up to assist. FWIW The lounge has very nice window views.

Not sure if it's clear but there are no "middle four" seats.

The only "middle" is a two seat pair. The others are single windows or aisles.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by extramileage
My experience is that the 4 year old may need closer supervision (constant help changing channels on the iFE, the seat, the food, spillage, etc). You may find yourself constantly getting up to assist. FWIW The lounge has very nice window views.

Not sure if it's clear but there are no "middle four" seats.

The only "middle" is a two seat pair. The others are single windows or aisles.
The middle 4 may mean 2 rows. And if the parents are behind that would help with the supervision.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Airvan00
The middle 4 may mean 2 rows. And if the parents are behind that would help with the supervision.
This but with one parent sat with each child.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: DL DM, MAR gold
I've done both this and JFK-DXB-JFK with my family. Since the outbound is overnight, I would pick two pairs of middle seats (one parent with each kid) so the kids can sleep. On the return, I would try to get a row across - ideally one with the two middle close to each other (you and wife) and the kids by the windows. They would be right across the aisle if they needed help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.