Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticked off at EK...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
@tmac100, @aceboy44 has stolen your login details!
Why ????
I've seen no mention of "lotion".

(absolutely no harm intended to anyone)
Old May 6, 2017, 4:02 pm

I understand that you were inconvenienced due to not having your bags and not having a change of shirt in your hand luggage was a rookie mistake (very much for an experienced traveler as well), but what stopped you from buying new clothes at a mall when you were in Dubai? You were going to spend more than 1000 AED on stuff, surely spending some of that AED on a change of clothes would not only have allowed you to go out and also feel more comfortable.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Has his exalted highness been in touch to confirm your 10,000 miles in compensation?
Old May 6, 2017, 11:45 pm

So much DYKWIA (not as in the poster! ) in one thread... hilarious.

Writing to Tim Clark is one thing (I can't imagine doing it myself but hey, we're all different), but Sheikh Mo as well? Not that it will ever reach his desk, but how deluded can one person be?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Still doesn't make your "customer is always right" comment any more valid. Sure you can speak with your money, but I seriously doubt that you're going to change your habits, particularly once the airline you'll pick as replacement will disappoint you.

With your high expectations that transpired through your post and your clear misinformation regarding the checking of bags, I wager that it won't take long for another airline to fail you.
A couple of years later I noted this thread in my archives. For me, EK is ancient history. I don't even have their FF card any more since I now have my passport scanned and my retinas scanned. No need for the EK FF card as an egate. Easy entry and exit through passport control at DXB T1 with my registered passport. It has no Qatar stamps because Qatar uses an egate card too with facial scans.

I fly many OW and *A airlines with no issues - except once Air India once sent my baggage to MCT instead of to my DOH destination. Mind you, that was corrected the next day. So the predictions of my disappointment with other airlines has failed to materialize. So much for sooth-sayers.

With the "blockade" I naturally fly Air Oman MCT-DXB. WY has more convenient flight times than EK - even though EK flights are less expensive. So far, so good.

Oh, and yes I did eventually hear from Tim Clark's folks. Usual defense about their policy. It was an expected response. But, EK is off my flying radar. My travelling companion now flies UL and CX to/from MEL because of OW status yadda. A 13-ish hour EKflight DXB-MEL is too hard on her body and flying Business or PE on an overnight sector with a mid-trip lounge break (HKG or CMB) is better for her than a long direct flight. BUT, I digress. Of course, no one that I know of in Doha flies EK....
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You mean the Sheik never replied? How unusual.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Ah but EK FF cards are so widespread and useful these days...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Ah but EK FF cards are so widespread and useful these days...
Surely you jest. However, I recognize your stance - as an EK Ambassador. You are stuck in that box. Too bad, you should think outside of the box...

As I explained, the Skywards card is of no use to me. Maybe to countless others, but not me... To each their own. As mentioned before "the customer is always right". I have decided to not fly with EK, even though they have cheaper flights than WY on the MCT-DXB run. Less convenient is the deal ender... Besides, there is also the issue of "the blockade", started by Mr. Bone Saw....

As for the Sheikh, in a past communication about the failings of the Emirate e-gate card, the issue was fixed, even though I never heard from the HRH. - but it was fixed in spite of many efforts at DXB T1 and T3 to fix the issue. I can only assume that the Sheikh had someone intervene and help me with the non-functional egate card. In this particular case of the EK baggage situation, I gave notice to both Mr. Clark and to HRH.,and my issue with EK is also "fixed".

Last edited by tmac100; Apr 10, 2019 at 2:28 pm
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
It sounds as though everyone has ended up happy
tmac100 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by tmac100
As I explained, the Skywards card is of no use to me.
The point was that EK no longer issue physical cards...
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The point was that EK no longer issue physical cards...
It suppose you are speaking for skywardhunter?

Doesn't matter what they do as I no longer fly with EK and thus have no use for their FF program. That said, thank you for taking the time to clarify the issuance of their physical cards. I'll remind my travelling companion to make a note of her Skywards number and throw her card away when she flies back into DXB - more ""forced" pollution in Dubai as they won't recycle the plastic, I'll bet.
Thanks again for the heads up ^
m3red likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I’m very sad to see you go.
DYKWIA, thijsseh, Yoshi212 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:30 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
A two year old resurrected thread with no change in outcomes from then and a few posts stomping over old ground, time to apply the magic FT Lock.

Saltire74
​​​​​​​EK Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.