Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Transiting through DXB with duty-free purchases

Transiting through DXB with duty-free purchases

Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK G̶o̶l̶d̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ 'boarding zone F', IHG
Question Transiting through DXB with duty-free purchases

TL;DR: does DXB allow me to proceed through transit security with a bottle of spirits in a sealed duty free bag in my hand luggage? Or do I fall foul of the liquids rule?

Story:

I'm flying MAN-DXB-DPS (Bali) next week to attend a family wedding. The wedding venue are allowing the wedding party to bring their own bottles, on the condition that all bottles must arrive in sealed duty free bags.

Due to my very short transit time at DXB, there is a good chance that I won't be able to swing via DDF to acquire my share of the party juice. To avoid this scenario, I am considering purchasing the supplies at MAN and asking them to put it in a clear sealed bag as is now fairly common at various airports.

Yes, I would much prefer to buy at DDF, but I don't want to risk it.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
If sealed properly, no problem.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Manchester will put your purchases in a STEBS bag - a clear Security Tamper Evident Bag. Done this when travelled MAN-MRU loads of times and no problem in Dubai.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK G̶o̶l̶d̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ 'boarding zone F', IHG
Great, thank you both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.