Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Had a wonderful experience In EK F

Old Mar 17, 17, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage

Wanted to share the wonderful experience we had on our recent EK flight and also wanted to find out the best way to submit feedback for the FAs. Apologies if a new thread is not warranted for this. Mods please merge it with any appropriate thread if one exists.

So we (myself, my wife and our two sons - 6yrs & 1.5yrs old) flew SFO-DXB-BOM in F a couple of days ago and can unequivocally say it was the best flight for all of us.

On the SFO-DXB segment, we were lucky to have pretty much the whole F cabin to ourselves and an excellent crew on top of that. Both the kids had a great time. The younger one could run around in the aisle when he liked and was pretty taken with the personal mini-bar. This was his first time on a plane (not a bad way to start :-) and he didn't cry even for a second. The older one, who is already a bit of an aviation geek (for his age) also had a great time. What impressed me most was how much time the FAs spent with him, playing video games, sitting with him through his meals and in general chatting up with him. They would have spent easily 3-4 hrs one on one with him.
And of course the shower and bar were icing on the cake (first time on EK 380). It felt like a fun family outing instead of a torture of 16hrs flight with young kids. I guess it is the closest I would come to flying private :-).

The DXB-BOM flight was also good, as much as a 2:30hr flight could be. In fact I somehow managed to spill some vintage wine on my shirt (already had gulped a few :-) and was able to squeeze a shower on this short flight too.

Just to give a bit of context of my perspective, I have flown EK F suites a couple of times on the 77L several years ago and also on Jetihad F (back when they were flying the 9W 77W to SFO).
So not a total noob, but no where near an expert.

I really want to provide +ve feedback for a couple of FAs (though unfortunately remember the name of only one FA who took care of us the most). What would be a good place to submit it so it doesn't go unnoticed.

Will be flying back the same way in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the return flights will be as enjoyable as this.
Old Mar 17, 17, 1:24 am

https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...ack/compliment
Old Mar 17, 17, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. My experience with these standard online forms has usually been that no one really looks at them (at least on other airlines). But if this is the best way to submit feedback on EK, then will just do it there.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 17, 17, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by unicon View Post
Thanks for the link. My experience with these standard online forms has usually been that no one really looks at them (at least on other airlines). But if this is the best way to submit feedback on EK, then will just do it there.

Thanks again.
The forms do get submitted and cabin crew managers do eventually read them (the good ones anyway).

Whether that gets passed on to the individual crew members involved is a different matter
Old Mar 17, 17, 9:39 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Gold
The crew generally do receive the feedback - it can just take some time! But particularly nice compliments like the above can actually get there to the individual crew member pretty quickly! Nice to see positive feedback
Old Mar 17, 17, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
I sent a compliment to EK last year regarding the crew member that looked after me on my F flight to GLA. I received (what appeared to be) a non-cut and paste response within 24 hours and stating that the compliment would be passed on to the crew member via her supervisor. Hopefully she got it but I have faith

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 17, 17, 8:38 pm

I also had a very good crew sfo-dxb. I plus a couple were the only passengers in F. It was my first.time.on ek and the crew was much better than the UK based for my DXB-SIN flight
Old Mar 17, 17, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Good to see others have had similar experiences that too on the same route. Makes the probability of a repeat on our return journey higher. I have submitted the feedback on the link provided.
Old Mar 18, 17, 9:21 am

Gulping vintage wine??? Yikes! I thought gulping wine was limited to economy class.
Old Mar 18, 17, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYMSY View Post
Gulping vintage wine??? Yikes! I thought gulping wine was limited to economy class.
That was just a figure of speech, for dramatic effect :-) . In reality I'm one of the slowest drinkers and actually not much of a drinker at all.
Old Mar 18, 17, 1:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
I flew EK F SEA-DXB-MUC in late September 2016. It was not until we landed in DXB that I realized I was the only one in the cabin. Having flown EK F before, I was not paying close attention, I guess. The service, food, wine and everything else was impeccable. There were two of us on the DXB-MUC leg but we still had our own private shower so I made do

^^^ to EK for both flights!!!

Glad you and your family had a great time!
Old Mar 19, 17, 3:35 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
I don't mind toddlers running around in FCL cabin, as long as parents do their best to control their noise. (I'm too well aware that sometimes babies cannot be controlled)
Old Mar 19, 17, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ioto1902 View Post
I don't mind toddlers running around in FCL cabin, as long as parents do their best to control their noise. (I'm too well aware that sometimes babies cannot be controlled)
I completely agree with you. But since in our case there was no one to be disturbed, we could let him to do it, of course always supervised. Otherwise, we wouldn't have allowed it.
Old Mar 20, 17, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by unicon View Post
I completely agree with you. But since in our case there was no one to be disturbed, we could let him to do it, of course always supervised. Otherwise, we wouldn't have allowed it.
I thought in your initial post you indicated that you had the cabin "pretty much to yourselves"- that would suggest that you were NOT alone

And what about sudden severe turbulence with kids running around? supervised or not

And what do you do when you find that return flight is busy and the kids can't do what they did on the outbound- but daddy we did it on the outbound!
Old Mar 20, 17, 4:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eireman View Post
I thought in your initial post you indicated that you had the cabin "pretty much to yourselves"- that would suggest that you were NOT alone

And what about sudden severe turbulence with kids running around? supervised or not

And what do you do when you find that return flight is busy and the kids can't do what they did on the outbound- but daddy we did it on the outbound!
What about adults running around and sudden CAT? Kids are wimps these days let them go run into some stuff and tumble down the stairs a few times, toughen them up (not sarcasm.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: