Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Berlin ITB EK Hype

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by scented
Does this mean the new First Class Suites are on hold indefinitely?
Looks like it.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:28 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by spizzy
I like the new look Bar and the table side seating.

Also is that a Business Class refresh shown in the video below from the Berlin Show or a new Business Class product?-

Emirates neue Onboard Lounge und Business Class auf der ITB Berlin GlobalTraveler.TV - YouTube
That new 777 J class seat looks quite narrow.

S
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
That new 777 J class seat looks quite narrow.

S
Comparing it to current J seats, width looks pretty similar.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold
So what happened to the big EK F reveal? Sure the upgraded A380 bar was displayed but quite underwhelming due to already having been announced.

The question has to be asked, given QR's new Q Suite and the retro-fitting of their fleet how can EK continue to compete with the J product offered on the 777's? Direct aisle access is the standard for International J products and EK can't compete with other airlines offering that. Given the continued cut-backs in EK's J service, it is hard to justify loyalty to them given the other options available.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Bravo2K
So what happened to the big EK F reveal? Sure the upgraded A380 bar was displayed but quite underwhelming due to already having been announced.

The question has to be asked, given QR's new Q Suite and the retro-fitting of their fleet how can EK continue to compete with the J product offered on the 777's? Direct aisle access is the standard for International J products and EK can't compete with other airlines offering that. Given the continued cut-backs in EK's J service, it is hard to justify loyalty to them given the other options available.
I agree with you that EK has not been competitive in J for some time now, yet they seem to do quite well filling up J cabins on 777's, so the impetus to change their configuration is just not there. If I look at my own travel, EK still beats QR/EY (and i'll even throw in TK) in terms of J as I often fly to NBO and certain other destinations in Europe where the other 3 airlines historically operate narrowbody aircraft with recliners on sectors well over 5 hours in many cases. At least this is now changing with EY and QR installing lie flats on some of their narrowbodies. Yes EY/QR have a better hard product but it is doesn't go to all destinations where as with EK, you're at the very the least guaranteed the lie flat seat. Another point that gives EK the edge is their frequency and scheduling works much better than the other two at least for my travel. I really hope EK change their J but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:40 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by kq747
I agree with you that EK has not been competitive in J for some time now, yet they seem to do quite well filling up J cabins on 777's, so the impetus to change their configuration is just not there. If I look at my own travel, EK still beats QR/EY (and i'll even throw in TK) in terms of J as I often fly to NBO and certain other destinations in Europe where the other 3 airlines historically operate narrowbody aircraft with recliners on sectors well over 5 hours in many cases. At least this is now changing with EY and QR installing lie flats on some of their narrowbodies. Yes EY/QR have a better hard product but it is doesn't go to all destinations where as with EK, you're at the very the least guaranteed the lie flat seat. Another point that gives EK the edge is their frequency and scheduling works much better than the other two at least for my travel. I really hope EK change their J but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Yeh I agree. the 7 across in J can be frustrating, but it works for EK and cabins fill up. And a large part of this is because of the amount of destinations they fly to and frequencies which easily beat out the other ME3.

For example, from Australia, you can fly to Singapore, Bangkok (and previously KL) with EK, where as this isn't possible with the others.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:44 pm
HB7

Originally Posted by Bravo2K
This is not based on any insider knowledge at all - and I hope that I'm wrong - but I don't think we will see the new EK F revealed this year.

I think the financial situation EK finds itself in currently is probably why they're delaying the new F seat - indefinitely. And as per normal with the big 3 - a delay on pretty much any new product/service is pretty much par for the course now.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HB7
This is not based on any insider knowledge at all - and I hope that I'm wrong - but I don't think we will see the new EK F revealed this year.

I think the financial situation EK finds itself in currently is probably why they're delaying the new F seat - indefinitely. And as per normal with the big 3 - a delay on pretty much any new product/service is pretty much par for the course now.
It's supposed to on the new 777s deliveries in October....

My guess is thee will be a new Jennifer advert and they didn't want to release at the same time as qatars q suite.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:24 am
HB7

Originally Posted by m3red
It's supposed to on the new 777s deliveries in October....

My guess is thee will be a new Jennifer advert and they didn't want to release at the same time as qatars q suite.
I truly hope you're right. But I just have this feeling we won't see anything in 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.