Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates to Alaska Airlines on Separate Tickets - Can I check bags through?

Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat

Hi - I'm traveling on emirates from India to LAX on Emirates and will transfer at LAX onto Alaska Airlines to SEA.

I have booked the domestic leg on a separate ticket and I would like to know if Emirates will be able to check my bags through to Seattle?

Hoping this will help me save time and baggage fees.

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:06 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by anutham
Hi - I'm traveling on emirates from India to LAX on Emirates and will transfer at LAX onto Alaska Airlines to SEA.

I have booked the domestic leg on a separate ticket and I would like to know if Emirates will be able to check my bags through to Seattle?

Hoping this will help me save time and baggage fees.

Thanks
Hi anutham and welcome to the EK Forum. It's good to see you here and hopefully we can help with all of your Emirates related questions.

As it happens, I am just working on a Baggage related thread but not sure if it would have answered your question so something I will look at including with a special request for help from some of the experts on here.

What I will say though, is that as far as I am aware, as LAX is your first point of entry into the US, all baggage must be reclaimed and customs formalities completed before domestic onward travel, so you would have to collect your luggage anyway before checking in for your next flight so there would be no real benefit even if EK were willing to try and check your luggage all the way to SEA.

I'm sure there will be contributors along who will be able to clarify 100% for you but once again, welcome to the EK forum.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat
Hi Saltire74 -

Thanks for the response. I'm aware I have to claim my bags in LAX. I'm looking to avoid the hassle of rechecking my bags and lugging them between terminals..

Thanks,
A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.