Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

i have just returned from Australia and checked my tier mile status on the Emirates app. At the top of the page it tells me that I have 13,750 & I am blue status. However, at the bottom of the chart the box entitled "How long before I reach the next tier" it tells me that I have 27,500 between Jan 16 & Jan 17 & that I need 0 additional tier miles to achieve Silver status. So, am I Blue or Silver?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Katykat
i have just returned from Australia and checked my tier mile status on the Emirates app. At the top of the page it tells me that I have 13,750 & I am blue status. However, at the bottom of the chart the box entitled "How long before I reach the next tier" it tells me that I have 27,500 between Jan 16 & Jan 17 & that I need 0 additional tier miles to achieve Silver status. So, am I Blue or Silver?
Still Blue. Its counting your future flights - you'll earn silver when you actually take those flights and accrue the miles.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Look at the top of "my statement" page where all your earnings appear horizontally (past and future, between Jan-16 and Jan-17).
You have probably already booked a 13750-mile flight between now and Jan-17, in which case, it has been taken into account for your future status, as jackiedada said.
This is done to push people to fly EK when they are close to achieve a status above. This is commonly called "mileage run".
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

I returned from Australia 3 days ago & I think the return journey has not yet been added to my account. It looks like the miles might be calculated at the end of the month. The chart says 13k for Jan 16 ( my outbound flight) & 13k for March ( inbound). I already had 1.5k.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Katykat
I returned from Australia 3 days ago & I think the return journey has not yet been added to my account. It looks like the miles might be calculated at the end of the month. The chart says 13k for Jan 16 ( my outbound flight) & 13k for March ( inbound). I already had 1.5k.
Miles are credited very fast on EK when you have completed the outboud or inbound journey as a whole ie they are not added after individual segments.

EK are good at crediting miles and are much faster than BA and in a different league to EY.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Miles are credited very fast on EK when you have completed the outboud or inbound journey as a whole ie they are not added after individual segments.

EK are good at crediting miles and are much faster than BA and in a different league to EY.
Outbound and inbound are credited separately, but if you have a stopover within one sector the entire sector will only be completed after the last segment is flown. Generally miles credit within 4-6 hours after landing, status upgrade reflects within another 4-6 hours after that, more or less.

I do have to admit I was surprised though that my EY miles last month credited in a similar timeframe.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:59 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017

Another new thread for 2017. Please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread which I will ask the mods to close.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post27430108

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74

Last edited by Saltire74; Jan 5, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Mixed EK/QF booking - points and tier (status) credits

It's awfully quiet around here. Here's one for the gurus.

I'm planning my next trip to Europe. Using my favorite flights/schedule, the option with 3 EK legs and one QF leg (operated by EK as a QF code share) is $600 less than the same itinerary with all four flights under EK codes. So it would be EK/EK - two weeks at destination - QF/EK.

Of course I can earn FF points in either EK or QF on all these flights, but I'm more interested in tier miles (status credits in the QF system). I'll miss out on EK tier miles on the QF code-share, but is it possible to get the QF status credits for that flight? In short, can I assign my QF FF number to one flight and my Skywards number to the next? If I start with the Skywards number on the booking, fly to Europe, then change the FF number from Skywards to QF, fly the QF segment, and then in DXB (10 hrs), change it back to Skywards, will that work? Potential pitfalls? Any way to do this in advance rather than progressively?

For the return trip both BPs would show the QF number. As Silver I don't () have lounge access at the European port anyway, but at DXB I would need to get the number changed back to Skywards to get lounge access. Otherwise I think this would work.

Thoughts? Experiences? Funny stories?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
It's awfully quiet around here. Here's one for the gurus.

I'm planning my next trip to Europe. Using my favorite flights/schedule, the option with 3 EK legs and one QF leg (operated by EK as a QF code share) is $600 less than the same itinerary with all four flights under EK codes. So it would be EK/EK - two weeks at destination - QF/EK.

Of course I can earn FF points in either EK or QF on all these flights, but I'm more interested in tier miles (status credits in the QF system). I'll miss out on EK tier miles on the QF code-share, but is it possible to get the QF status credits for that flight? In short, can I assign my QF FF number to one flight and my Skywards number to the next? If I start with the Skywards number on the booking, fly to Europe, then change the FF number from Skywards to QF, fly the QF segment, and then in DXB (10 hrs), change it back to Skywards, will that work? Potential pitfalls? Any way to do this in advance rather than progressively?

For the return trip both BPs would show the QF number. As Silver I don't () have lounge access at the European port anyway, but at DXB I would need to get the number changed back to Skywards to get lounge access. Otherwise I think this would work.

Thoughts? Experiences? Funny stories?
Each sector is independent in terms of what you can put in the FQTV field, so you can chop and change. The only restriction is that QF/EK (EK more) is quite strict with not allowing double-dipping: if you want to use EK benefits, that code must be on the onward sector, etc. That even applies if you are QF Chairmans
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Each sector is independent in terms of what you can put in the FQTV field, so you can chop and change. The only restriction is that QF/EK (EK more) is quite strict with not allowing double-dipping: if you want to use EK benefits, that code must be on the onward sector, etc.
Many thanks. I don't plan double-dipping; I would use the EK lounge in DXB prior to the EK flight back to SYD (but after the QF flight from Europe) so I think it's all good.
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
That even applies if you are QF Chairmans
I really needed a laugh today. I've been scraping into Silver for over 20 years except for barely making Gold once. Chairman's - not a snowball's chance!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:19 pm
pdh

So a question that I am sure has been answered before

If you are travelling with a partner and you are Gold, can that person if they are on the same booking:

Check in priority queue
Priority board with you
Fast track with you in Dubai if they are on the same booking?

Is it the same with silver.

I realize that they can join you in the lounge if you are gold and if you are silver you will have to pay (if that sticks around)
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by pdh
If you are travelling with a partner and you are Gold, can that person if they are on the same booking:

Check in priority queue
Priority board with you

It's not documented, but in practice it would be yes, yes and don't know IME.

Same for Silver.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by pdh
So a question that I am sure has been answered before

Check in priority queue
Priority board with you

I realize that they can join you in the lounge if you are gold and if you are silver you will have to pay (if that sticks around)
My argument would be yes.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:44 am
pdh

Originally Posted by ft101
It's not documented, but in practice it would be yes, yes and don't know IME.

Same for Silver.
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
My argument would be yes.
Thanks ^
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:50 pm

Using points

Hi all,

Only my second time at this, and that was a while ago asking about transiting wine through Dubai

Anyway, what to know how the miles calculator works.I have 127400 miles, and are planning a trip to UK next June with my wife from Australia.

I am going to buy business class flexi tickets, and hope to upgrade to 1st class Sydney to London for the both of us.I see using the calculator, that it wound be 62500 points each. Is this a good way of using the points, rather than on short trips. eg BNE to SIN.

Regards,

bo777300

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.