Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. Its simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jasensteve
Thanks skywardhunter for the quick reply
^ The Gold pack is the same by the way, and I think Platinum also these days, so you're not missing out on any gifts or anything.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
No I knew I wouldn't get a gift , I just wanted to know how long I would have to wait to receive it
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:12 am

No I knew I wouldn't get a gift , I just wanted to know how long I would have to wait to receive it
Anywhere between 4-12 weeks
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:09 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes, but it's just a welcome letter, your membership card and luggage tag. At least that's when I got silver 2.5 or 3 years ago, pretty sure it's still the same. It'll be a nice cardboard envelope.
TWO luggage tags, by the way...

Took about 4 weeks to get it after the system showed my status.(that was Oct 2016).
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
TWO luggage tags, by the way...

Took about 4 weeks to get it after the system showed my status.(that was Oct 2016).
Yep, typo, I definitely meant to write tags
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:38 am

I obtained silver status in August . Do Skywards send out silver welcome packs?
You should have received an email asking you to confirm your address to receive the pack. If you never got it, I don't think you'll get the pack.

I dropped to Silver a couple of months ago and nothing.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Yes I received the email and confirmed my address .
Emirates now inform me that there is a delay in sending out new cards but it is being processed
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I got silver status in June, confirmed my address and never received anything.

They did send me my blue card successfully, so the address is right.

Honestly not bothered enough to follow up with it.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I got silver status in June, confirmed my address and never received anything.

They did send me my blue card successfully, so the address is right.

Honestly not bothered enough to follow up with it.
My Gold status renewed end of Jan, card showed up mid-April, so there does seem to be some delay in sending them out
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, IHG Royal Ambassador
Question, I am currently Gold, in "my account" it states "You require 47,900 additional Tier Miles by 28 February 2018 to renew Gold"

I am earning 15,000 in November, 15,628 in Febraury and a further 22,500 in March.

The March flight leaves 1st March so one day outside of the tier calculation period...

Do you think they'll allow that extension to allow me to stay gold? FYI, the return leg of the March flight is on the 8th which I will need for Gold as well as the outbound on the 1st of March...

BA have done this for me before
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by JSR2014
Question, I am currently Gold, in "my account" it states "You require 47,900 additional Tier Miles by 28 February 2018 to renew Gold"

I am earning 15,000 in November, 15,628 in Febraury and a further 22,500 in March.

The March flight leaves 1st March so one day outside of the tier calculation period...

Do you think they'll allow that extension to allow me to stay gold? FYI, the return leg of the March flight is on the 8th which I will need for Gold as well as the outbound on the 1st of March...

BA have done this for me before
​​​​​​
your review date is end of Feb, not your expiry. When does your gold expire, as printed on the back of your card? It should be April.

You can re-earn gold in march if your total then tops 50k, as your status is valid 2 months after your review date you'll not really drop down
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, IHG Royal Ambassador
​​​​​​
your review date is end of Feb, not your expiry. When does your gold expire, as printed on the back of your card? It should be April.

You can re-earn gold in march if your total then tops 50k, as your status is valid 2 months after your review date you'll not really drop down
Oh perfect, yes the card expires in April. Its very misleading to say on the website that I have to earn the Tier Points before Feb 28th then, why do they say that?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:08 am

​​​​​​You can re-earn gold in march if your total then tops 50k, as your status is valid 2 months after your review date you'll not really drop down
Having failed to retain Gold at the review point at the end of February, the OP may regain in March depending on the miles earned in Feb this year which will drop off the rolling qualification period when checked in March.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Having failed to retain Gold at the review point at the end of February, the OP may regain in March depending on the miles earned in Feb this year which will drop off the rolling qualification period when checked in March.
Yes of course it'll depend on his earning for the relevant rolling period the next month
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by JSR2014
Oh perfect, yes the card expires in April. Its very misleading to say on the website that I have to earn the Tier Points before Feb 28th then, why do they say that?
Because your review date is every 12 months but EK give you the status for an extra 2 anyway. This has the benefit that you might drop and re-earn it before actually losing the benefits. As ft101 points out it's a rolling qualification period so you'll need to consider if you have 50k in March taking into account that you can't include Feb this year anymore (which is included in the amount EK now tells you is needed. Rolling 13-month window)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.