Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: Emirates, Qatar, United
Looking for upgrade

Hi all,

I am flying economy saver with seat selection on EK237 from DXB to BOS next week and a return trip on 16th. I am looking for a free or a cheap upgrade to business. I had some older miles; but since I didn’t fly with them for the last year they are not valid anymore. I have some health issues and usually fly business this time it’s financially not possible. Can anyone help me?
thank you in advance!
m3red likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:58 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Have you looked at reinstating your expired Skywards miles? Have a look on the EK website and see if it’s feasible.

S
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Asawari
Hi all,

I am flying economy saver with seat selection on EK237 from DXB to BOS next week and a return trip on 16th. I am looking for a free or a cheap upgrade to business. I had some older miles; but since I didn’t fly with them for the last year they are not valid anymore. I have some health issues and usually fly business this time it’s financially not possible. Can anyone help me?
thank you in advance!
You might get a discounted cash upgrade offer during online check in, no free upgrade
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:17 am

Saltire74 thank you! I will check on the website. Thank you 🙏🏻

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Have you looked at reinstating your expired Skywards miles? Have a look on the EK website and see if it’s feasible.

S
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:11 am

That sounds good too! Thank you Skywardhunter

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You might get a discounted cash upgrade offer during online check in, no free upgrade
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: Skywards
Hi, I got a questions about this Emirates family program. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Once you have set up the family account, who will be able to book flights and use the miles? Only the family head or any member of the account?

I read the FAQ and it appears that the family head will be in charge of managing the account. So the family head has to book flights for other members and also manage their upgrades?

What if a family member books a flight individually through the emirates website or in a special case through a travel agent. Will they still be able to access the miles from the family account for upgrades? Will it be the family heads responsibility to upgrade their flights?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Can you on board upgrade someone else?

I’ve got a flight coming up which is full in Y but is J9. I am Gold traveling on a flex plus ticket and my colleague has no status and is on a saver (thus separate PNRs).

In the event that I get upgraded, can I use my points to upgrade my colleague, or would I have to pay the transfer fee so they can use the points?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
I’ve got a flight coming up which is full in Y but is J9. I am Gold traveling on a flex plus ticket and my colleague has no status and is on a saver (thus separate PNRs).

In the event that I get upgraded, can I use my points to upgrade my colleague, or would I have to pay the transfer fee so they can use the points?
Upgrade yourself and then switch seats. Am sure the crew won't mind
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:16 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Upgrade yourself and then switch seats. Am sure the crew won't mind
How would that work? My understanding is that Ryonardo is anticipating an op-up, so he’ll be in J without having to upgrade himself..... Or do I misunderstand this completely?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

How would that work? My understanding is that Ryonardo is anticipating an op-up, so he’ll be in J without having to upgrade himself..... Or do I misunderstand this completely?
​​​​​​Yeah I completely missed that. Then I doubt it's possible purely because they don't have those facilities onboard for such complex transactions (certainly not transfer miles and he'll show as already in J). But if you monitor your mobile BP like a hawk and if this is exactly DXB then you could upgrade him prior to boarding and then hopefully it shouldnts be an issue
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

Thats correct as i read it.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

i think this will work fine
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:39 am

Actually, The Purser has the facility on their Tablet to upgrade someone with someone else's miles. As long as the miles are available. The only option not available is too combine CASH/CREDIT with Miles for an upgrade.
DYKWIA, thijsseh and pierreza like this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile IHG to EK Skywards...how long to post ?

Oh Wise EK Flyertalk Sages,

Nine Days ago I converted 10, 10,000 Mile IHG Awards for 20,000 Skywards Miles to my EK Account. As of today they have not posted. I called IHG after 3 days and they confirmed that the transfer was completed but it would take 4 to 6 weeks to post. This contradicted with the IHG website that listed a wait time of 1 to 2 weeks.

My question is, has anyone transferred IHG Points to EK Skyward Accounts lately and how long did it take to post to your EK Skywards Account ? I have made two IHG Transfers to United Airlines and it credited to my UA Mileage Plus in 24 hours. Also, what would cause such a delay in transferring IHG points to EK ? I have transferred Amex MR points to EK Skywards in minutes. What could cause the IHG Points to take so long to transfer ? Your replies and keen insight are appreciated.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Thanks all. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.