Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Air Frame Delivery Info - 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Didn't they move the CRC (Crew Rest Compartment) below deck and free up that center section? That could make it 426Y and still ULR.
They did move the crew rest area, but that takes the ULR ones up to 426 as you say, not 429 as reported now.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ft101
They did move the crew rest area, but that takes the ULR ones up to 426 as you say, not 429 as reported now.
Ah, missed that minor detail, 6 and 9 look awfully alike.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:10 am

Next A380 in the pipeline, A6-EUS (nr. 101) to be delivered soon
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:27 am

A6-EUV (#100) just flew an Americas route (DXB-GRU) as EK261/262, certainly this 16+ hour blocked flight would be a ULR configuration, amirite?
ZRHMD11 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:39 am

You are right....A6-EUT was in GRU a few days ago as well.

It is very hard to find a good source in the net....in this case, I got the wrong information twice.....:-(

So, I would say now that both frames, EUT and EUV have F14 C76 Y426 ULR.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
You are right....A6-EUT was in GRU a few days ago as well.

It is very hard to find a good source in the net....in this case, I got the wrong information twice.....:-(

So, I would say now that both frames, EUT and EUV have F14 C76 Y426 ULR.
I'm not sure that there's a hard and fast rule that ULR routes always get ULR frames. ULR frames just have the crew rest right? In aircraft without a CRC they usually block an F Seat for the pilots and Y seats for cabin crew.
ZRHMD11 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:19 am

I am pretty sure for ULR flights are used frames with the Crew Rest Area only.....it is the same with the B777....

ULR flights like ORD, DFW, IAH, BOS, GIG or KIX for example, we always see B777 with the Crew Rest Area

ULR flights like SFO, LAX, JFK, GRU, MEL, BNE, SYD or YYZ we only see A380 with the Crew Rest Area.

ULR frames have the advantage that they can be used on all flights, but the opposite is not the case, LR frames can only be used for flights to
Europa, Africa or Asia.....

There are some exemptions; for example, the flight DXB-SIN-MEL normally we see LR frames, this is possible because there is a Crew
change in SIN.

The same is the flight DXB-MXP-JFK....at the beginning EK used LR frames since there was a crew change in MXP....but since a few months
I only see ULR frames on this route.....may be the same crew flyes DXB-MXP-JFK?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'm not sure that there's a hard and fast rule that ULR routes always get ULR frames. ULR frames just have the crew rest right? In aircraft without a CRC they usually block an F Seat for the pilots and Y seats for cabin crew.
For ULR operations horizontal rest is required for crew, so blocking seats would not be sufficient: CRC equipped aircraft would be required.
ZRHMD11 and XXTSGR like this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
For ULR operations horizontal rest is required for crew, so blocking seats would not be sufficient: CRC equipped aircraft would be required.
All crew or flight deck crew? An F Seat goes horizontal after all ...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
The same is the flight DXB-MXP-JFK....at the beginning EK used LR frames since there was a crew change in MXP....but since a few months
I only see ULR frames on this route.....may be the same crew flyes DXB-MXP-JFK?
I fly this just after the new year and can report back with airframe and whether or not the crew changes in MXP.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold
A6-EUV (#100) just flew an Americas route (DXB-GRU) as EK261/262, certainly this 16+ hour blocked flight would be a ULR configuration, amirite?
The A380’s delivered from A6-EUM onwards have the Rolls Royce engines and so the routes they can operate are restricted. I believe the only ULR route being operated by the RR aircraft is GRU until outstation engineers are qualified for the RR birds. I suspect that the new birds will operate very specific routes for some time.

This is the same for the LR RR aircraft that operate to NCE, KUL, BKK, MRU, MAN, HKG and CPH.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
All crew or flight deck crew? An F Seat goes horizontal after all ...
All crew - I presume EK want to sell their F seats, rather than use it as an expensive CRC
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Bravo2K
The A380’s delivered from A6-EUM onwards have the Rolls Royce engines and so the routes they can operate are restricted. I believe the only ULR route being operated by the RR aircraft is GRU until outstation engineers are qualified for the RR birds. I suspect that the new birds will operate very specific routes for some time.

This is the same for the LR RR aircraft that operate to NCE, KUL, BKK, MRU, MAN, HKG and CPH.
Does EK use contract engineers at outstations? LAX and SFO both receive RR powered A380s (QF, SQ, LH, BA), so hopefully they can get the new birds too. I'm guessing the same is true of JFK.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ & QF
Does EK use contract engineers at outstations? LAX and SFO both receive RR powered A380s (QF, SQ, LH, BA), so hopefully they can get the new birds too. I'm guessing the same is true of JFK.
I thought it was the engine manufacturer that supported the engines anyway?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:28 pm

Depends on the fault - sometimes a manufacturer's local engineer (or engineering company) will be up to the job, sometimes they dispatch someone from DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.