Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 777 Business Class seat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:59 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Flew EPT last week ex GLA. Still an excellent route... it doesn't get old!
Indeed it doesn't but, unfortunately EK not much use to me at present. It would be a heck of a roundabout way for me to get back to work

We could've had a mini EK FT meet up when you were home in Gods country. Some time.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Are they retro-fitting the new seats into any aircraft? I flew EK25 yesterday. The service by the crew was great, and the food was great. But the seat itself was quite uncomfortable. I was in 8K and my arm was pressed firmly against the controller and I could feel the heat generated by it.

As seats go, I think that the VA 737 J seat I flew in BNE-PER the day before was actually a more comfortable seat, and that's saying something.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
EK 777 New Business class - full flat

Maybe this has been written somewhere else, but cant find it.

But does anyone know how many 777 that has the new C and what routes are mostly operated?

also, will they retrofit they old ones or will it be a lottery when boarding the plane, as there is know way to confirm in advance that you’ll gett the new C?

br,
johan
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:03 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Yes it is fully flat. A6-EPV onwards has them fitted. It is still a 2-3-2 layout.

A380 number 100 has a refreshed J class, but its not the new one that is on the 777 So I don't think there will be any retrofit in that fleet.

Also bear in mind that EK has 777X on order, which will most likely have it. I don't see retrofit happening any time soon which is sad. It will be a bit like flying SQ J (ie a lottery).

Currently less than 10% of 777s have this new J product fitted so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Yes it is fully flat. A6-EPV onwards has them fitted. It is still a 2-3-2 layout.

A380 number 100 has a refreshed J class, but its not the new one that is on the 777 So I don't think there will be any retrofit in that fleet.

Also bear in mind that EK has 777X on order, which will most likely have it. I don't see retrofit happening any time soon which is sad. It will be a bit like flying SQ J (ie a lottery).

Currently less than 10% of 777s have this new J product fitted so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

So only 10% of their 777 fleet is refitted and they will keep their 777 lie-flat as it is? so basically it will be a lottery for the coming years if you get lie-flat or fully-flat, even when the 777X is introduced.

What a shame that Emirates has one of the most outdated and worst J cabins on half is entire fleet. However, J class on 380 is more than great I think.

Based in Stockholm, and always choose Qatar for my asian/indian flights due to the fact that ARN is served with 777.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat

A380 number 100 has a refreshed J class
Are they still removing the center overhead bins in the new A380 J?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:31 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Are they still removing the center overhead bins in the new A380 J?
Was that announced anywhere?
As the A380J seats don't have a lot of storage space (apart from the 'bins' under the windows for some seats), I wonder where the excess hand luggage would then be placed...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Was that announced anywhere?
As the A380J seats don't have a lot of storage space (apart from the 'bins' under the windows for some seats), I wonder where the excess hand luggage would then be placed...

Oops, I meant the side overhead bins...

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2016/1...back-our-bins/

TBH I find the side overhead bins barely usable as they are quite small but i can fit a few things in "my" bin as I am usually in A or K.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Oops, I meant the side overhead bins...

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2016/1...back-our-bins/

TBH I find the side overhead bins barely usable as they are quite small but i can fit a few things in "my" bin as I am usually in A or K.
Yes, I flew on the 380 last week and the bins had gone, sadly I cannot remember if it was LGW-DXB-CAN or the reverse...sorry!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:03 am

Does anyone know if the EWR->ATH route will get the new 777 business seat?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by JSR2014
Yes, I flew on the 380 last week and the bins had gone, sadly I cannot remember if it was LGW-DXB-CAN or the reverse...sorry!
The aisle side overhead bins, not the center overhead bins, have indeed been removed from the latest A380s. The center bins are also larger at noted the article.

The article is a bit of a storm in a teacup just to create some content. There is a lot of storage space on the A380 upper deck (the side bins are great, too) and I've never seen a J passenger not find space.
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
Does anyone know if the EWR->ATH route will get the new 777 business seat?
There is no official routes for the aircraft with the new seats (and new aircraft are delivered regularly), but EWR-ATH has yet to have had one based on flight logs (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek210) although other 77W US destinations like ORD, IAH and DFW (regularly) and BOS (more so recently) have.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader
So only 10% of their 777 fleet is refitted and they will keep their 777 lie-flat as it is? so basically it will be a lottery for the coming years if you get lie-flat or fully-flat, even when the 777X is introduced.

What a shame that Emirates has one of the most outdated and worst J cabins on half is entire fleet. However, J class on 380 is more than great I think.

Based in Stockholm, and always choose Qatar for my asian/indian flights due to the fact that ARN is served with 777.
ULH 77W routes to the Americas seem to get them as standard (unofficial) offer now (ORD, IAD, DFW, GIG...) and the remainder of their air time is mixed into other seemingly more random destinations. ARN just had one yesterday (A6-EPQ, I think), but that's indeed a lottery.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
There is no official routes for the aircraft with the new seats (and new aircraft are delivered regularly), but EWR-ATH has yet to have had one based on flight logs (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek210) although other 77W US destinations like ORD, IAH and DFW (regularly) and BOS (more so recently) have.
How can you tell from the flightradar data that it is the new plane?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by extramileage
The aisle side overhead bins, not the center overhead bins, have indeed been removed from the latest A380s. The center bins are also larger at noted the article.

The article is a bit of a storm in a teacup just to create some content. There is a lot of storage space on the A380 upper deck (the side bins are great, too) and I've never seen a J passenger not find space.
I've gotten some stinkeye when I take center bin space because someone's filled up all the side bins (all 1.5 of them) in the rear mini-cabin. There are a lot of center bins taken up by service items, such as blankets, mattress pads, etc. too, so I feel like there is some pressure on the bin space in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.