Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pilotct
Ok so no retrofits only newer planes?
only on the 777LR planes
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by m3red

only on the 777LR planes
2-2-2 is only on the 777-200LR but there are 77Ws with the new J Seat (but 2-3-2), same plans that have the new F
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
2-2-2 is only on the 777-200LR but there are 77Ws with the new J Seat (but 2-3-2), same plans that have the new F
which is special
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Skywards silver
just flown back from SIN-DXB on A6-EQB with the newer j seats, first time trying them.
visually the cabin is a lot nicer than the old 777 J cabin.
The seat themselves are a real upgrade, the comfort of the seat is vastly superior to the old one and the IFE screen is great, BUT... they are frigging useless when you are flying with a wife/partner or friend that you actually want to sit and chat with and enjoy your meal and drinks together.
With the divider down and sitting in your chair you cannot see each other let alone speak, from the noise of the 777. You constantly both have to be hunched leaning forward to speak, which is uncomfortable for a long period of time, iam sure they could have moved the iPad controller to a different area and had a different design for the divider area.
All in all though still an upgrade over the old seats.
Will contnue mostly flying 380 though, unless there is no option.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:44 am

Sit across the aisle from each other. Traffic is minimal and you can converse easily without disturbing anyone. I usually travel alone, but that's my solution when there's two of us and it works for me.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
just flown back from SIN-DXB on A6-EQB with the newer j seats, first time trying them.
visually the cabin is a lot nicer than the old 777 J cabin.
The seat themselves are a real upgrade, the comfort of the seat is vastly superior to the old one and the IFE screen is great, BUT... they are frigging useless when you are flying with a wife/partner or friend that you actually want to sit and chat with and enjoy your meal and drinks together.
With the divider down and sitting in your chair you cannot see each other let alone speak, from the noise of the 777. You constantly both have to be hunched leaning forward to speak, which is uncomfortable for a long period of time, iam sure they could have moved the iPad controller to a different area and had a different design for the divider area.
All in all though still an upgrade over the old seats.
Will contnue mostly flying 380 though, unless there is no option.
Flew the new J in 2-2-2 to FLL last week and was blown away by the cabin. Much nicer than I expected and than what photos convey, the leather seats are super comfortable and the wood panelling is really nice. The window seats are super private so yeah talking to a neighbour could be difficult
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I'm travelling BNE-SIN-DXB-GLA next year. Unfortunately it's all on 777-300, but it's in J, so that's still better than sitting in the back of the plane. I'm not silly enough to ask what version 777-300 will I be on, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows how many aircraft with the new configuration are expected to be operational by then?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by weegraeme
I'm travelling BNE-SIN-DXB-GLA next year. Unfortunately it's all on 777-300, but it's in J, so that's still better than sitting in the back of the plane. I'm not silly enough to ask what version 777-300 will I be on, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows how many aircraft with the new configuration are expected to be operational by then?
By my count, there will be 21 frames with the new J by the end of next year, of which 9 will have the new F.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Thanks, kq747. Given that I'll be on two different 777's on my journey, that makes it a "definite maybe" that I'll strike one, as opposed to an "absolutely no chance" or "very unlikely". :-)
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by den3aah
Thanks for the reply guys.

So Which would you rather take? Im looking at getting the best possible seat comfort ? I am assuming that would be on the A380?

Option 1: fly direct to MCO and get on the old B77W 2-3-2 business class
Option 2: fly to FLL and get the refurb B77L 2-2-2 Business class and find my way to Orlando by car
Option 3: Fly to MCO via JFK on the A380?
Option 4: Fly to MCO via BOS on the new 2-3-2 B77W business?

Cheers guys
Going through the same dilemma as the above! Would appreciate any updated thoughts. Cheers!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:26 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by london11
Going through the same dilemma as the above! Would appreciate any updated thoughts. Cheers!
A380
B77L
B77W

in that order
m3red likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.