Search

New 777 Business Class seat

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by den3aah
Hi Guys

Does anyone know if the B77W with the new J seats are flying to MCO? If not, does FLL have the new seats?

Cheers
In 3 recent trips to MCO, the "new" 2-3-2 seats have been on 1 flight, and the old seats on two of them.....In fact the most recent flight was one of the older seats I've seen. Really not comfortable for that long of a flight. As stated above, the FLL flight was the launching flight for the 2-2-2 seats so you have a much better chance of a good seat to there based on my experience.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Originally Posted by kmd0506
In 3 recent trips to MCO, the "new" 2-3-2 seats have been on 1 flight, and the old seats on two of them.....In fact the most recent flight was one of the older seats I've seen. Really not comfortable for that long of a flight. As stated above, the FLL flight was the launching flight for the 2-2-2 seats so you have a much better chance of a good seat to there based on my experience.

Thanks for that. I am trying to see thats the most comfortable way to get from Dubai to Orlando. I was initially thinking of MCO but not keen on having the old 2-3-2 seats. Was wondering if the the new 2-3-2 seats were rotated on that sector - doesn't appear to be the case?

The alternative is to head to JFK and get a connecting flight there? or perhaps fly to FLL and take a flight to MCO from MIA .....what would you recommend?

Cheers
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks for that. I am trying to see thats the most comfortable way to get from Dubai to Orlando. I was initially thinking of MCO but not keen on having the old 2-3-2 seats. Was wondering if the the new 2-3-2 seats were rotated on that sector - doesn't appear to be the case?

The alternative is to head to JFK and get a connecting flight there? or perhaps fly to FLL and take a flight to MCO from MIA .....what would you recommend?

Cheers
IAH also gets an A380 if you'd like to consider a connecting flight from there, probably easier than getting from FLL to MIA. DFW, EWR, BOS and IAD are served by EK but on 77Ws
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic

Cheers
IAD also gets A380 service. BOS often gets the new J seat (still in 2-3-2) and I have noticed the direct flight to EWR also seems to be getting the new J seat of late. Interestingly, now that there are 2 777L with the new J in 2-2-2, FLL has seen one every day for the last week. My vote goes to FLL
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by kq747
IAD also gets A380 service. BOS often gets the new J seat (still in 2-3-2) and I have noticed the direct flight to EWR also seems to be getting the new J seat of late. Interestingly, now that there are 2 777L with the new J in 2-2-2, FLL has seen one every day for the last week. My vote goes to FLL
Ah wasn't sure about IAD, doesn't it keep going back and forth?

I've been trying to find D space to FLL for August for months without luck, might try EWR if that's also the new J Layout, Else any 380 station
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Ah wasn't sure about IAD, doesn't it keep going back and forth?

I've been trying to find D space to FLL for August for months without luck, might try EWR if that's also the new J Layout, Else any 380 station
AFAIK, Dulles has not been part of the downgauges. Houston was downgauged but upgauged again
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:19 am

AFAIK, Dulles has not been part of the downgauges. Houston was downgauged but upgauged again
Pretty sure October last year saw IAD downgauged, there was a thread on it here somewhere
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
We flew an A380 to IAD last December, but they were flying the 777 last fall (not sure what it is now). IAH is a good alternative, but with the partnership with Jetblue you could look into a single ticket connecting from EK to JetBlue in New York. My husband flew that route before EK started flying to Orlando. He liked having the connection protected by a single ticket.

My flight to BOS a few months ago was on the newer 2-3-2 777 seat- which I actually like (minus the no aisle access for everyone), and a few other people on that flight said it's usually the newer seats.

I wouldn't fly from FLL to MCO, if you need a car in Orlando it's probably better to rent in FLL and make the drive.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:55 pm

Thanks for the reply guys.

So Which would you rather take? Im looking at getting the best possible seat comfort ? I am assuming that would be on the A380?

Option 1: fly direct to MCO and get on the old B77W 2-3-2 business class
Option 2: fly to FLL and get the refurb B77L 2-2-2 Business class and find my way to Orlando by car
Option 3: Fly to MCO via JFK on the A380?
Option 4: Fly to MCO via BOS on the new 2-3-2 B77W business?

Cheers guys
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:15 pm

Do you think the Emirates 77L with the new seats to FLL is better than the A380?

Cheers
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:11 pm

Do you think the Emirates 77L with the new seats to FLL is better than the A380?

Cheers
Definitely would pick the A380 over the 77L. I was merely going with FLL because it's in Florida so closer. But I suppose you still have to connect through somewhere so may as well be on an A380 if it's comparable cost/time wise
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:40 am

Sorry if it’s here somewhere and I missed it - is there a list of 77W planes with new J seats?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by pilotct
Sorry if it’s here somewhere and I missed it - is there a list of 77W planes with new J seats?
It's right up this thread if you scroll upwards.... For the 3-class birds, it's A6-EPV onwards (alphabetically) and then onto A6-EQ*
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:26 pm

Ok so no retrofits only newer planes?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:26 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by pilotct
Ok so no retrofits only newer planes?
Correct as far as I am aware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.