EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ silver; Qantas Platinum; Emirates Silver.
EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Hi all,

I got a question about using Qantas domestic lounge.

I'm Emirates Gold and Qantas bronze. I'm now based in Australia and have a few upcoming domestic flights and I wonder if I can use Qantas lounges with my Emirate status?

I've had a look at both Qantas and Emirates websites but I still can't get a definite answer specifically Australian domestic flights, I know there's reciprocal arrangement for international flights but what's the deal with domestic lounge?

Can anyone enlighten me on this matter? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
As EK gold you will have access to the Qantas domestic lounges when departing on either a EK or QF flight number.

If you are in J you will obviously have the domestic Business Lounge where they exist otherwise, if flying in Y, you will have the Qantas Club Lounge.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...club/global/en

Last edited by dogsrock; Apr 23, 2013 at 5:56 am
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:02 am

It'll be QF CL for domestic. Also you get priority check in and luggage tagged accordingly.
If connecting to an EK flight, they will also check through your luggage even if you hold a separate EK ticket and honour the EK baggage allowance.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:12 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by edy4eva
It'll be QF CL for domestic. Also you get priority check in and luggage tagged accordingly.
If connecting to an EK flight, they will also check through your luggage even if you hold a separate EK ticket and honour the EK baggage allowance.
You need to be careful as when you use the abbreviation "CL" it often refers to as Chairmans Lounge (which is invite only). I'm assuming you mean "club lounge" or what most of Aussies refer to as the Qantas Lounge (or Qantas Pub) in the Qantas forum vernacular...
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ silver; Qantas Platinum; Emirates Silver.
Thanks eightblack, edy and dogsrock.

Does anyone know if I need to include my Emirates FF number on the Qantas booking (domestic only) so it appears on the boarding card to gain access to Qantas lounge?

I'm intending to use my Qantas number for the booking as I'll earn status point and move up to (lowly) silver. Can I do that and just show them my Emirates gold card at the lounge to gain access that way?

Many thanks for taking the time to share.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by soulighter
Thanks eightblack, edy and dogsrock.

Does anyone know if I need to include my Emirates FF number on the Qantas booking (domestic only) so it appears on the boarding card to gain access to Qantas lounge?

I'm intending to use my Qantas number for the booking as I'll earn status point and move up to (lowly) silver. Can I do that and just show them my Emirates gold card at the lounge to gain access that way?

Many thanks for taking the time to share.
I would advice against having your Skywards number on the QF booking because you would earn peanuts. Just have your Skywards gold card handy to enter the lounge.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:33 am

First Class lounge access if connecting flight only offers business

Hi Folks,

I have a flight tomorrow DUS-DXB-DEL.

DUS-DXB in First Class, DXB-DEL in Business.

The thing is, DXB-DEL doesn't have a first class on board. So I was not able to book my trip completely in First Class.

Do I qualify for the First Class lounge?

Thanks for you help!

Cheers

Duck
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:12 am

Depends on the fare bucket of your ticket. Normally you will be able to access FCL.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cyberduck
The thing is, DXB-DEL doesn't have a first class on board. So I was not able to book my trip completely in First Class.

Do I qualify for the First Class lounge?
Unfortunately, not.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Aquitania
Normally you will be able to access FCL.
I doubt EK will give you F lounge access on a J BP unless you are Plat/iO.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:25 am

It depends on the actual fare bucket of the ticket and not the status. If a first class fate is paid for the entire route, then one gets FCL access.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:54 am

It depends on the actual fare bucket of the ticket and not the status. If a first class fate is paid for the entire route, then one gets FCL access.
I don't think that is the case here. According to the OP, F was *not offered* on the final sector at the time of booking rather than him booking F and being involuntary downgraded to J due to change of equipment.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:02 am

The fare bucket will be assigned for the entire outbound or inbound leg based on the first segment of the leg. The first segment is in F therefore the passenger will be charged a first class fare for the entire leg (to Dubai and onwards to the final destination) - check-in baggage allowance and lounge access privileges in Dubai will be based on that fare.

In case the passenger decides to take a flight out of Dubai that offers first class cabin, the fare amount will remain the same.

Basically it is not the best solution for the passenger to select a connecting flight where the first class cabin is not offered as in this case the passenger is paying a first class fare for a business class product.

Last edited by Aquitania; Feb 24, 2014 at 11:10 am
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
The fare bucket will be assigned for the entire outbound or inbound leg based on the first segment of the leg. The first segment is in F therefore the passenger will be charged a first class fare for the entire leg (to Dubai and onwards to the final destination) - check-in baggage allowance and lounge access privileges in Dubai will be based on that fare.
If this was the case, who would agree to purchase such a ticket ?

I know I wouldn't.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Seat64A
If this was the case, who would agree to purchase such a ticket ?

I know I wouldn't.
Try making a few bookings online and you will see. I have just flown on one of such tickets as the timing worked for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.