Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flame3601
Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:

Flight loads >7 days out are not very useful, as the airline could still sell many seats, unless availability of a specific fare bucket (e.g. Business Saver upgrade) is requested. If you wish to know the general flight load please don't post >7 days before departure.

When requesting a load please provide the following information:

- Date of flight (departure date)
- Flight Number
- Origin
- Destination

These four fields are mandatory in searching on ExpertFlyer (see screenshot below) and it isn't fair to except those who pay for their subscriptions to also have to go look up which cities a specific flight number is from and to (also some flight numbers are onward flights (5th freedom routes, e.g. CMB-MLE) and loads will differ significantly depending on which sector of the flight is checked.

Print Wikipost

Flight Load Check request

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: None
Hi folks,I'm nowhere near experienced as many of the regular posters on here, I tried the trail period on EF, but couldn't understand the site.

I often see similar codes below on this thread, but don't understand what these codes mean, example below:

14mF4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9B9 U9 K9 H0 Q9 L9 T9 V0 X0

Can anyone spare a few minutes to explain.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:32 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
@:-
Originally Posted by LeoTheLion
Hi folks,I'm nowhere near experienced as many of the regular posters on here, I tried the trail period on EF, but couldn't understand the site.

I often see similar codes below on this thread, but don't understand what these codes mean, example below:

I’ll try and explain some of it and sure others will be able to go into finer detail.

F & A = First Class seats.
J, C, I, O & P = Business Class seats
Y to X = Economy Class seats

The numbers associated with each letter denotes the number of seats in each sub-Class that the airline are willing to sell at that time although the higher the number in each sub-class or fare bucket usually indicates good availability and not (the actual) amount of seats that are available.

Someone else should be able to clarify [[i]but I'm not sure of the redemption buckets on EK (may be X & P- don’t shoot me if I’m wrong) so if they are, looking at those numbers there are no redemption seats available on that flight.] not redemption buckets and clarified in next thread.

[Also not sure how many seats EK are willing to oversell in F but going by the numbers here, it would indicate that they are willing to currently sell 8 seats which, if this is a 777 flight, may indicate there are currently no F bookings or maybe 1 or 2.] not quite right and clarified in next two threads.

Maybe not not the best explanation but hopefully something to get you started with to get your head around it ��

S

Last edited by Saltire74; Jan 17, 2018 at 4:49 am
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:21 am

Reward buckets are not shown in this example, but are available with a different enquiry on EF. You can see the codes here (if the link works):

https://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

It's not necessarily 8 First class for sale - you can't add the numbers up like that. However, there is a cap on the numbers EF show, so minimum of 4 in First, 7 in Business and 9 in Economy.
Saltire74 and Flaneurs like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:33 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

The explanation by Saltire74 above is pretty much correct, with one exception, which is that one must not ADD the seats for sale in the different fare buckets. To use Salitire74’s example, there are 4 first class seats for sale, in either the F or the A bucket. In addition, the maximum number given is 4 for first, 7 for business and 9 for economy (those are the numbers for EK and the majority of other airlines but it’s not universally the case). In effect, this means that in the example you give, the airline will sell 4 or more seats in first, 7 or more in business and 9 or more in economy. When you see the same numbers in the lower fare buckets (A, C, E etc) this is an indication that there are probably quite a few more seats for sale.

As far as award seats are concerned, these are NOT included in the above EF query! To get award / upgrade availability you use the appropriate menu option, being the top left blue ‘tab’ in the EF menu.

Once you get to know EF it’s really useful. You can access pretty good user guides / recommendations through the website. If your free trial has expired, just spend the $9.99 for a month. You can stop and restart the subscription at any time, which I think is a great feature for ‘not all that frequent flyers’ like myself.

Edit: oops, ft101 beat me to it with a much less wordy explanation!
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:46 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by ft101
Reward buckets are not shown in this example, but are available with a different enquiry on EF. You can see the codes here (if the link works):

https://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

It's not necessarily 8 First class for sale - you can't add the numbers up like that. However, there is a cap on the numbers EF show, so minimum of 4 in First, 7 in Business and 9 in Economy.
Originally Posted by thijsseh

The explanation by Saltire74 above is pretty much correct, with one exception, which is that one must not ADD the seats for sale in the different fare buckets. To use Salitire74’s example, there are 4 first class seats for sale, in either the F or the A bucket. In addition, the maximum number given is 4 for first, 7 for business and 9 for economy (those are the numbers for EK and the majority of other airlines but it’s not universally the case). In effect, this means that in the example you give, the airline will sell 4 or more seats in first, 7 or more in business and 9 or more in economy. When you see the same numbers in the lower fare buckets (A, C, E etc) this is an indication that there are probably quite a few more seats for sale.

As far as award seats are concerned, these are NOT included in the above EF query! To get award / upgrade availability you use the appropriate menu option, being the top left blue ‘tab’ in the EF menu.

Once you get to know EF it’s really useful. You can access pretty good user guides / recommendations through the website. If your free trial has expired, just spend the $9.99 for a month. You can stop and restart the subscription at any time, which I think is a great feature for ‘not all that frequent flyers’ like myself.

Edit: oops, ft101 beat me to it with a much less wordy explanation!
Thanks from me for clarifying that bit for me too

​​​​​​​S
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:32 am

Ah, if I understand the explanations correctly, the letter denotes the class / fare type, the number denotes the availability of seats?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Ah, if I understand the explanations correctly, the letter denotes the class / fare type, the number denotes the availability of seats?
Yes it's the fare buckets and availability. For Economy fares it shows a maximum of 9, 9 meaning 9 or more. For Business cabins it shows a maximum of 7 and for First a maximum of 4, generally. You can't add the buckets, if you have M R5 and buy an R ticket M will also reduce to 4.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:19 pm

Thanks for all the helpful informative replies, I have no status other than blue, I have an 18hr combined flight coming up, I'm considering paying for upgrade from KUL - BHX via Dubai
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Skywards
Wed 24th jan: Ek 303
thu 25th jan: ek 027

thank you in advance
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:39 am
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Wed 24th jan: Ek 303
thu 25th jan: ek 027

thank you in advance
As per the Wiki S c 0 TT y, please remember and put in origin and destination airports as well as flight numbers & dates. The tools used to check the flight loads require all of this info.

Cheers

​​​​​​​S
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: Skywards
Apologies.

Wed 24th jan: Ek 303 (shanghai to dubai, departure 2300hrs)
thu 25th jan: ek 027 (Dubai to Glasgow, departure 0730 hrs)

thank you in advance
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:12 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Apologies.

Wed 24th jan: Ek 303 (shanghai to dubai, departure 2300hrs)
thu 25th jan: ek 027 (Dubai to Glasgow, departure 0730 hrs)

thank you in advance
3030PVG
24/01/18 23:00DXB
25/01/18 5:15388
Daily
100% / 0mF4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9B9 U9 K9 H0 Q9 L9 T9 V0 X0

EK 270DXB
25/01/18 7:20GLA
25/01/18 11:3077W
Daily
89% / 14mF4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9B9 U9 K9 H0 Q9 L9 T9 V0 X0

May I suggest you get a subscription to EF? Very good value at $9.99 per month and you can 'switch it on and off' to suit your travel pattern!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:24 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if it was possible for someone to check the flight load for EK630 for 31st January Dubai to Multan.

Thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: EK Gold
First ever request, just curious if there's any chance for an op-up from Y-J (Flex), have been upgraded on routes to India a few times before, never to BOM though.

Date of flight: February 2, 2018
Flight Number: EK508
Origin: DXB
Destination: BOM
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:15 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Kingb123
Hi there,

I was wondering if it was possible for someone to check the flight load for EK630 for 31st January Dubai to Multan.

Thank you.
6300DXB
31/01/18 15:15MUX
31/01/18 18:5577W
Su,M,W,F
44% / 27mJ7 C7 I7 O7 P7 Y0 E0 R0 W0 M0 B0 U0K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

If you have the right tier / ticket type combination this looks like a reasonable op up possibility!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.