Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Old May 5, 2017, 6:31 am

I am looking I change my F award flight (Skyward award) to one 4 hours later (ex JNB) but availability may not be released until close to the departure date. If I do change it but do so within 48 hours of the flight, does that mean I lose the CD service since CD must be booked >48 hours prior to departure? Once I change the flight any existing CD service associated with that flight is automatically cancelled, correct?

Last edited by mileshound; May 5, 2017 at 10:35 am
Old May 6, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Will be flying AKL-MEL (~3.5hr flight) on the A380 in business class with wife and infant; where are the bassinets (if any) and what is the best option travelling together?
Old May 7, 2017, 11:46 am

I've booked my flight from DMM to DXB for the weekend. I booked at first economy to DXB and business on the way back. I've then received the famous emails and upgraded my first leg and now both legs are on business class. My questions are: does Emirates serve alcohol on flights going to/coming from KSA?

Second I've booked my Chauffeur on the way back but I can' seem to book the service when I reach DXB to take me to the hotel. Why is that?
Old May 7, 2017, 7:02 pm

Which airport? KSA is Kosrae International Airport in Micronesia and EK don't fly there.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
deleted

Last edited by kq747; May 7, 2017 at 8:29 pm
Old May 7, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by SandWraith
I've booked my flight from DMM to DXB for the weekend. I booked at first economy to DXB and business on the way back. I've then received the famous emails and upgraded my first leg and now both legs are on business class. My questions are: does Emirates serve alcohol on flights going to/coming from KSA?

Second I've booked my Chauffeur on the way back but I can' seem to book the service when I reach DXB to take me to the hotel. Why is that?
1. EK does not serve alcohol on flights to/from KSA.
2. Haven't had to use it in DXB but my guess is you don't need to book it when arriving in DXB just proceed to the chauffeur counter in arrivals

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Which airport? KSA is Kosrae International Airport in Micronesia and EK don't fly there.
KSA= Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
At the moment I am Skyward Blue and I have 26k Tier Miles. I have a booking to India (ex Europe) in J Flex. Shall I be able to reach Silver?
Old May 9, 2017, 10:45 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
At the moment I am Skyward Blue and I have 26k Tier Miles. I have a booking to India (ex Europe) in J Flex. Shall I be able to reach Silver?
You should be Silver already with 26k Tier Miles...

S
Old May 9, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Saltire74
You should be Silver already with 26k Tier Miles...

S
Sorry, I have 26k Skywards Miles but 16.4k Tier Miles :-)
Old May 9, 2017, 11:14 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Sorry, I have 26k Skywards Miles but 16.4k Tier Miles :-)
So you need 8,600 tier miles to attain silver. If you go to the EK website, click on the Skywards tab and then earning miles tab, you will see a miles calculator. Put in your routing and select business class and it will show you how many tier miles you will get for the flights.

S
Old May 17, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: skywards
Hi Guys,

I've just booked LHR - LHE - DXB return with a stop over in Dubai for 12 days. I booked Econ flex plus and got upgraded to J on way there, and booked Business Saver and got upgraded to F on return .

I had a couple questions:

- I am travelling with an infant and my wife. Would i need two cars to pick us up? We will have a pushchair, car seat, 3 suitcases, 2 hand carriers etc? I've heard the chauffeur cars are E classes.
- Are there any particular seats I should opt for? Thinking the two middle seats, have booked 2 EF for return leg.
- anything i should know about J or F in emirates. First time travelling in both.

thanks
Old May 17, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by haaris195
Hi Guys,

I've just booked LHR - LHE - DXB return with a stop over in Dubai for 12 days. I booked Econ flex plus and got upgraded to J on way there, and booked Business Saver and got upgraded to F on return .

I had a couple questions:

- I am travelling with an infant and my wife. Would i need two cars to pick us up? We will have a pushchair, car seat, 3 suitcases, 2 hand carriers etc? I've heard the chauffeur cars are E classes.
- Are there any particular seats I should opt for? Thinking the two middle seats, have booked 2 EF for return leg.
- anything i should know about J or F in emirates. First time travelling in both.

thanks
You "got upgraded" ahead of time?

You can book two cars, it sounds like you may need them. EDIT: You can request a larger car
Old May 17, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You "got upgraded" ahead of time?

You can book two cars, it sounds like you may need them. EDIT: You can request a larger car
Should have been clearer. Based on the advice you guys gave, I had loads of airmiles to burn (150k) so when i was booking the ticket, I upgraded all legs of the flight to the next cabin up over the phone. Emirates also gave me a companion reward ticket - but this was way too expensive, had to book business flex return.

Thanks for the heads up - i'll call them up and ask for a larger car.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Hi

My wife and I are looking to book a holiday to Dubai next March for my birthday flying LHR-DXB with Emirates

Business saver is priced £3666 return for both of us . Would it be worth holding on for any sales? Also is the First Class price likely to change?
Old May 19, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by russ1h
Hi

My wife and I are looking to book a holiday to Dubai next March for my birthday flying LHR-DXB with Emirates

Business saver is priced £3666 return for both of us . Would it be worth holding on for any sales? Also is the First Class price likely to change?
You won't get J for 2 cheaper than that.

It's currently £2.5k on dates I'm looking at.

F is around £4K each has been for some time - I don't think it's worth it for just uk to Dxb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.