Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:36 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by mck125
Thanks @pinniped and @DYKWIA, appreciate both the information and for not "flaming the newbie".

Matt
Hi mck125. Welcome to the EK forum. We are a fairly friendly bunch on here and tend to try and allow our FT cousins on the AA & BA board to do most of the flaming .

You will I’ll find lots of relevant EK info in the dashboard and on the forum which should make your journeys more enjoyable and to get the most out of a Skywards membership.

Welcome again and we look forward to your contributions.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
mck125 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hi mck125. Welcome to the EK forum. We are a fairly friendly bunch on here and tend to try and allow our FT cousins on the AA & BA board to do most of the flaming .
LOL.

Go over to the AA board, make a post even remotely suggesting that the airline might possibly have done something wrong somewhere sometime, and then carefully observe from a safe distance.
mck125 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
Oneworld or StarAlliance

Hello!

First time poster here; let me know if there is a specific forum I should ask this!

Has anyone flown direct into Malabo, Equatorial Guinea from Europe? Is there a strong difference between the Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt, the Iberia flight from Madrid, and the AirFrance flight from CDG? I would be flying business and am AA Executive Platinum. I've heard negative things about the Madrid flight as the Iberia plane is considered a medium haul flight and apparently has a pretty terrible business class. I am considering changing to Lufthansa/Air France and starting from scratch with StarAlliance/Skyteam as I will be traveling to and from Malabo quite often over the next couple years. On one hand my home is DFW so staying loyal to AA would pay off, but on the other hand I will likely just travel around Europe whenever I am off work and only be home about 2-4 weeks a year for the next 2 years I think.

It seems like Lufthansa always has full business class (as in full reclining seats), AirFrance depends on the day you fly, and Iberia is always more of a premium economy when compared to AA longhaul flights (although marketed as business).

Cheers!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ehtexas
First time poster here; let me know if there is a specific forum I should ask this!
Unless Emirates is one of your options, you might not get many strong opinions here. (This is an Emirates board.)

To your question, LH and AF will both be better inflight products, but I'm not sure that would be enough to shake me free from AA EXP if I lived in Dallas.

Since you're basically asking about the quality of a few specific flights, I'd check out the individual boards for those airlines. There are also alliance forums but they're mostly about planning RTW's and broader questions about different partner relationships and such.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
Hi, Am I right in saying that Emirates doesn't operate FC out of Birmingham to Dubai ?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by chelseastu
Hi, Am I right in saying that Emirates doesn't operate FC out of Birmingham to Dubai ?
Correct - you'd need to go to London or Manchester for F class.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Thank-you Sir.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pinniped
Unless Emirates is one of your options, you might not get many strong opinions here. (This is an Emirates board.)

To your question, LH and AF will both be better inflight products, but I'm not sure that would be enough to shake me free from AA EXP if I lived in Dallas.

Since you're basically asking about the quality of a few specific flights, I'd check out the individual boards for those airlines. There are also alliance forums but they're mostly about planning RTW's and broader questions about different partner relationships and such.
Sorry about that; I thought I was in the American Airlines Newbie forum; I'll check out the individual boards for the airlines. Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlatinum
Hi All,

Getting ready to book a trip from SFO to JNB via DXB next year. I've never flown Emirates and I just signed up for their Skywards program. I've flown JetBlue a bit in the past and have a TrueBlue miles account (<50k miles in "the bank") and noticed that they are a partner with Emirates.

I'm thinking I may splurge on the business class fare for this trip which would lead me to a decent miles earning bonus. If I do so what's the best way to maximize the mileage reward? Should I allocate them to my JetBlue account (don't know if I can do this) or go straight with Emirates? How would you handle?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by splatkid10
Hi All,

Getting ready to book a trip from SFO to JNB via DXB next year. I've never flown Emirates and I just signed up for their Skywards program. I've flown JetBlue a bit in the past and have a TrueBlue miles account (<50k miles in "the bank") and noticed that they are a partner with Emirates.

I'm thinking I may splurge on the business class fare for this trip which would lead me to a decent miles earning bonus. If I do so what's the best way to maximize the mileage reward? Should I allocate them to my JetBlue account (don't know if I can do this) or go straight with Emirates? How would you handle?

Thanks!
This isn't a scenario I've come across before (earning on TrueBlue) and I think the answer will be in the JetBlue forum. You can earn EK miles for flights on B6, but to see what your earned on B6 for an EK markered and operated flight you'd have to check their partner earning charts.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:36 pm

I'm travelling with two friends, both of whom don't have status (well, Blue) and are flying Y whereas I'm in J, are they able to get in the same chauffeur car as me to the airport and I presume I can pay for lounge access at LHR on the outbound and SYD on the inbound just like I can pay at DXB, so $200/each way, or am I a complete buffoon and this isn't an option?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by SquidsIn
I'm travelling with two friends, both of whom don't have status (well, Blue) and are flying Y whereas I'm in J, are they able to get in the same chauffeur car as me to the airport and I presume I can pay for lounge access at LHR on the outbound and SYD on the inbound just like I can pay at DXB, so $200/each way, or am I a complete buffoon and this isn't an option?
Sharing the chauffeur drive is fine, as long as your not over the top with luggage. $100 US for each of your friends in LHR, SYD and for the J Lounge in DXB, so providing that's where you're going it sounds fair enough.
SquidsIn likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Sharing the chauffeur drive is fine, as long as your not over the top with luggage. $100 US for each of your friends in LHR, SYD and for the J Lounge in DXB, so providing that's where you're going it sounds fair enough.
That's fantastic! I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue and it doesn't sound like it will be, thank you.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Flex Ticket Question

Hi,

Sorry for a question that may be quite obvious, but I'm fairly new to Emirates after mostly flying BA/Oneworld previously.

I have a trip I'm planning from MAN-DXB-KUL returning KUL-DXB-LHR in February. I'm nornally based near London but plan to travel to Manchester for work the day I travel hence flying out from Manchester, but this may change. If I book a Flex fare it looks like I can then change the ticket for a fee. Can I change origin airport to London if needed? Is this possible on the day of travel? How would I need to do this- online, phone or airport?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Darren
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DGM1985
Hi,

Sorry for a question that may be quite obvious, but I'm fairly new to Emirates after mostly flying BA/Oneworld previously.

I have a trip I'm planning from MAN-DXB-KUL returning KUL-DXB-LHR in February. I'm nornally based near London but plan to travel to Manchester for work the day I travel hence flying out from Manchester, but this may change. If I book a Flex fare it looks like I can then change the ticket for a fee. Can I change origin airport to London if needed? Is this possible on the day of travel? How would I need to do this- online, phone or airport?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Darren
You absolutely can. Earlier this year I changed a LHR departure to a different date and to BHX. If day of departure don't check in online, or they have to ask airport to undo it. Phone is best option, EK Fall centres are excellent. Fare difference may apply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.