Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:58 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You'd think that...

When we arrived a couple of weeks ago, we went to the fast track and there were probably about 6 people in front of us. The queue next to fast track was for the Middle East residents (GCM??). The guy controlling the queue just ignored the fast track passengers and processed the other queue. There was much irritation in fast track, and I think somebody even tutted

It took about 15 minutes to eventually get processed.
Was that person British? Us Brits are known to have very fierce tuts

S
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:42 am

Hi guys, back for round 3 . I'm flying J, transiting through Dubai, and my flight is open for online check in, but when I go to start the check in process I see my seat assignment from Dubai onward is blank. So I didn't continue with the online check in and went back to check my passenger preferences and I see my old seat number is still there. What does this mean, should I go ahead and confirm my online check in or do I need call Emirates ASAP and find out if I somehow got denied boarding at Dubai and being relocated to another flight?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MT_Switch; Sep 18, 2017 at 8:54 am
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
Hi guys, back for round 3 . I'm flying J, transiting through Dubai, and my flight is open for online check in, but when I go to start the check in process I see my seat assignment from Dubai onward is blank. So I didn't continue with the online check in and went back to check my passenger preferences and I see my old seat number is still there. What does this mean, should I go ahead and confirm my online check in or do I need call Emirates ASAP and find out if I somehow got denied boarding at Dubai and being relocated to another flight?

Thanks in advance.
Don't think continuing OLCI makes a difference either way. It's probably just a bug, your BP will likely show the correct assignment as soon as you complete check in.

This is also the phenomenon that occurs when a complimentary upgrade (op-up) happens, but not likely (though possible) this far out
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Don't think continuing OLCI makes a difference either way. It's probably just a bug, your BP will likely show the correct assignment as soon as you complete check in.

This is also the phenomenon that occurs when a complimentary upgrade (op-up) happens, but not likely (though possible) this far out
Yea looks like a bug, seat came back. Would have been nice if it was an op-up
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Right, so faster than 20 minutes....
If we'd gone to any of the normal queues, we'd have been through in about 30 seconds
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: EK Silver
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Might want to check that email again. The email notifying me that I had qualified for Gold, had a "Click here to confirm card delivery" button in it. I guess you have to confirm and then they will send it out.
This was the email I received too and confirmed 6 months ago but still no mail
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: QFF SG, AAdvantage, LM
Apologies for what is probably a commonly asked question.

EK newbie, using QF points for a mixed class F/J booking. First leg to Dubai in F, 2 hour connection, 2nd onward leg in J. Does arriving on F in DXB grant F lounge access or would we only be able to use the J lounge in this case?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by LimaFoxtrotRomeo
Apologies for what is probably a commonly asked question.

EK newbie, using QF points for a mixed class F/J booking. First leg to Dubai in F, 2 hour connection, 2nd onward leg in J. Does arriving on F in DXB grant F lounge access or would we only be able to use the J lounge in this case?
Only the J lounge unfortunately
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: QFF SG, AAdvantage, LM
Only the J lounge unfortunately
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunate as it is. The J lounge still beats the terminal!

Not so long ago I had a similar connection on CX through HGK with F inbound and PE outbound. No problem there to access the F lounges. I was hoping EK policy might be the same.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by LimaFoxtrotRomeo
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunate as it is. The J lounge still beats the terminal!

Not so long ago I had a similar connection on CX through HGK with F inbound and PE outbound. No problem there to access the F lounges. I was hoping EK policy might be the same.
Unfortunately not, only if you are ticketed in F but the onward flight only offers Y and J, and even then it can sometimes be a fight.

The J lounge is perfectly fine and the difference to F is mainly the crowd density and lack of a la carte dining in J. Go to the J lounge in Concourse A for vast quietness and a nice shower, or B for the Champagne Bar
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I almost feel silly asking this, but I've never actually flown an int'l-to-int'l PNR connecting in the U.S.

If I fly HYD-DXB-BOS-YYZ, do I need to walk my checked bag through customs at BOS and recheck it? Or does the bag go straight to the BOS-YYZ flight?

I know *I* need to go through immigration and customs, but does the checked bag?

All one EK ticket, with the final flight being a Westjet-operated codeshare.

I've done googling and can't find a definitive answer. Most answers address int'l-to-domestic, which I've done 100+ times and you obviously *do* retrieve your bag and carry it through customs before handing it back to the airline on the other side.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
I almost feel silly asking this, but I've never actually flown an int'l-to-int'l PNR connecting in the U.S.

If I fly HYD-DXB-BOS-YYZ, do I need to walk my checked bag through customs at BOS and recheck it? Or does the bag go straight to the BOS-YYZ flight?

I know *I* need to go through immigration and customs, but does the checked bag?

I've done googling and can't find a definitive answer. Most answers address int'l-to-domestic, which I've done 100+ times and you obviously *do* retrieve your bag and carry it through customs before handing it back to the airline on the other side.
Interesting question, but unfortunately I can't help and I'm not sure how many on the EK forum could, as EK doesn't have int'l > int'l connections in the US all on their metal, so it's a situation most flyers here are unlikely to encounter on EK.

You may have better luck on the North America/US sub-fora, whatever they're called
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:12 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

This article on OMAAT may be of some assistance. You will have to transfer from Terminal E to Terminal A and according to the article, you would have to clear immigration and customs with your baggage but not sure how up to date the article is.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ion-procedure/

Hope me this is of some help.

S
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thank you! I've decided for a variety of reasons to just go with a carry-on on this one.

I do have one other question though: on my outbound, I have a 21 hour layover in Dubai. I just checked in today (flight tomorrow, arrive DXB Saturday), and it says I'm eligible for Dubai Connect - hotel, transfers, meals.

I *wasn't* eligible before, because I voluntarily selected an itin that skipped two possible DXB-HYD flights in order to spend a day in Dubai. Is this normal for me to suddenly become eligible? I have a cheap rate at the Hilton Dubai Creek so I'm not too worried about it, but I suppose I could cancel that and take the airline's hotel (which isn't revealed to me during this process).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:09 pm

Thank you! I've decided for a variety of reasons to just go with a carry-on on this one.

I do have one other question though: on my outbound, I have a 21 hour layover in Dubai. I just checked in today (flight tomorrow, arrive DXB Saturday), and it says I'm eligible for Dubai Connect - hotel, transfers, meals.

I *wasn't* eligible before, because I voluntarily selected an itin that skipped two possible DXB-HYD flights in order to spend a day in Dubai. Is this normal for me to suddenly become eligible? I have a cheap rate at the Hilton Dubai Creek so I'm not too worried about it, but I suppose I could cancel that and take the airline's hotel (which isn't revealed to me during this process).
It normally needs to be pre-booked at least 48hrs in advance.

​​​​​​Hotels are:
​​​​​​For Y: copthorne
J and F: Le Meridien or Al Bustan Rotana or something.

Others if the above are full.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.