Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by m3red
You won't get J for 2 cheaper than that.

It's currently £2.5k on dates I'm looking at.

F is around £4K each has been for some time - I don't think it's worth it for just uk to Dxb
Hi m3red

Thank you for your help & advice. I think we will go for J
Old May 21, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by russ1h
Hi m3red

Thank you for your help & advice. I think we will go for J
I would And I have been doing since they seemed to have stopped First savers - I can justify F for long haul where I get 4 sectors in F with the price difference but not on a uk Dxb return - that's what miles are for
Old May 21, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: Emirates
Looking at booking return flight x 2 passengers Jan 2018: BHX-DXB-KUL-LGK, is it possible to book J class for all legs one way, i.e. outbound only.

BHX-DXB-KUL- are with EK, KUL - LGK, are with MH
Old May 21, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by fireflytraveller
Looking at booking return flight x 2 passengers Jan 2018: BHX-DXB-KUL-LGK, is it possible to book J class for all legs one way, i.e. outbound only.

BHX-DXB-KUL- are with EK, KUL - LGK, are with MH
For the EK portions generally yes, you can select Business on the EK website for the outbound. You can also call. What's not possible is mixing J/Y on the same segment, i.e. BHX-DXB in J and DXB-KUL in Y for example.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
For the EK portions generally yes, you can select Business on the EK website for the outbound. You can also call. What's not possible is mixing J/Y on the same segment, i.e. BHX-DXB in J and DXB-KUL in Y for example.

Just noticed it's possible, proving J class is booked on all legs.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:10 pm

I can't add my Frequent Flyer number, it keeps giving me an error. I'm assuming this is because on the booked flight it gives my name as "firstnamemiddlename lastname" with the first and middle names connnected (is that normal? will it cause any problems?), and my account connected to the Skywards Number I'm trying to use just says "firstname lastname", no middle name, even though I definitely included it. How do I go about fixing this problem? If it's not the problem, any solutions? Thanks in advance.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by DongToucherer
I can't add my Frequent Flyer number, it keeps giving me an error. I'm assuming this is because on the booked flight it gives my name as "firstnamemiddlename lastname" with the first and middle names connnected (is that normal? will it cause any problems?), and my account connected to the Skywards Number I'm trying to use just says "firstname lastname", no middle name, even though I definitely included it. How do I go about fixing this problem? If it's not the problem, any solutions? Thanks in advance.
You could try adding your middle name to your Skywards account as a first step, this may be easiest. I'm not sure if you are able to change your name on the account, though.

Then, in future, when you make a booking on the Emirates website you can login during the booking process and use the details from your Skywards account, this also automatically adds your number to the reservation.

If you can't change your name in the account and then add your number to the reservation (give it a few hours as well in case the two systems aren't in sync, I don't know if that would be the case), then you can try calling, if they can't add the number at least by calling they may be able to change your name on the Skywards account.

In future you can leave the middle name out, as long as your Skywards account also reflects this, the issue for this booking is that you'd need to change the name on the ticket to remove the middle name and EK would likely charge you for this (name change fee, if allowed at all).
Old May 21, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Skywards, Silver
Has Emirates changed the priority of seats 68A and 68K on their A380? I noticed during my recent bookings that these seats were crossed out along with the bulkhead and emergency exit seats, but when I got on the flights, they were not occupied.
I wonder if it was just a coincidence or if you need to request these seats at check-in now?
Old May 22, 2017, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Marc Liljeqvist
Has Emirates changed the priority of seats 68A and 68K on their A380? I noticed during my recent bookings that these seats were crossed out along with the bulkhead and emergency exit seats, but when I got on the flights, they were not occupied.
I wonder if it was just a coincidence or if you need to request these seats at check-in now?
These have been classified as exit row seats for many years. There is currently an issue on 2 Class airframes where they appear to be selectable in advance which may be confusing things.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:34 pm

Booked business class, BHX > DXB > KUL > LGK, 1st 2 legs, A380, with selected seat reservation, 3rd leg is with co share Malaysia airlines, initial booking stated "business class / saver " on all 3 legs.

Having placed booking, under "manage my booking" Malaysia in not showing as business class / saver or offers seat selection, just flight details, is this leg just standard economy?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:39 am

Booked business class, BHX > DXB > KUL > LGK, 1st 2 legs, A380, with selected seat reservation, 3rd leg is with co share Malaysia airlines, initial booking stated "business class / saver " on all 3 legs.

Having placed booking, under "manage my booking" Malaysia in not showing as business class / saver or offers seat selection, just flight details, is this leg just standard economy?
They have J on that leg - should be J...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:39 am

They have J on that leg - should be J...

Thank you, I'm unable to make seat reservation on this flight, would I have to contact Malaysia airlines for this?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:57 am

Thank you, I'm unable to make seat reservation on this flight, would I have to contact Malaysia airlines for this?
Yes likely - don't get too excited the seat is pretty average and they don't even serve beer
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes likely - don't get too excited the seat is pretty average and they don't even serve beer

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Well thankfully, it's only a 55 minute flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.