FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Welcome new forum Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1810463-welcome-new-forum-ambassador.html)

Zol Dec 23, 2016 1:26 am

Welcome new forum Ambassador

Hi everyone

Please join me in welcoming Saltire74 as our newest EK forum Ambassador.

Saltire74 has been part of FT since Oct 2012 and has fairly extensive experience of air travel over the past 19 years. Although he flies BA occasionally, Emirates and Skywards are the airline/FFP that sees the majority of his travel nowadays.

He will be a great asset to the board.

Regards

Zol
Moderator-EK Forum

skywardhunter Dec 23, 2016 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 27652739)
Hi everyone

Saltire74 has been part of FT since Oct 2012 and has fairly extensive experience of air travel over the past 19 years. Although he flies BA occasionally, Emirates and Skywards are the airline/FFP that sees the majority of his travel nowadays.

Regards

Zol
Moderator-EK Forum

Congrats Saltire74!

vytas315 Dec 23, 2016 3:14 am

Congrats and thanks for the helpful posts thus far!

steveben53 Dec 23, 2016 3:58 am

I take it your friend Mr Whisky wasn't on the selection committee.

Many congrats - richly deserved

Saltire74 Dec 23, 2016 4:52 am

Thanks Zol for the introduction skywardhunter, vytas315 and stevben53.

It is an honour and a pleasure to have been accepted as a forum ambassador and I will do my best in fulfilling the role.

As Zol mentions, I have a fairly extensive history of flying and FFP's albeit not as much as I used to over the past few years but still keep my hand in. Over the years I have mostly flown BA or other Oneworld airlines and that is where most of my experience lies but over the past 18 months now, I have found myself more at home with Emirates and their Skywards programme. It helps that EK fly from my local airport which is Glasgow, Scotland (Gods Country as we like to call it :D) and I get to avoid LHR.

I won't mind saying this, but when my company booked me on EK for the first time I wasn't too happy about it. In all of the years I had been flying (and included a lot of airlines from Albanian Airlines to Turks & Caicos Airways to name some of the more obscure ones) I had never set foot on an Emirates aircraft and only really knew of their reputation as Bling Airways with being on some of the other forums on Flyertalk.

So how did I come to being a bit of an EK fan? Well, firstly, when my company booked, I needed extra luggage allowance and EK aren't known for low charges with excess luggage so I attempted a status match with my BA Silver status that I have held for a few years. Low and behold, EK granted the match and I was an EK Skywards Silver member. Then I was aware of EK cabin configurations on their 77W's in economy. Luckily I have lost a fair bit of weight and no longer the extra large bloke I once was but 10 abreast in economy didn't thrill me one bit, so I enquired how much to upgrade to business class and got a very favourable price which I considered quite good for two long haul flights. And since then, nearly all of my travel has been on EK and I've enjoyed it thoroughly. I find them comfortable, never had bad service where I said that I'm never flying them again, and am very happy with transit procedures at their hub in DXB. No airline or FFP is perfect but they meet my expectations and requirements.

Having been a member of Flyertalk for a few years previous to flying EK, I came on to this forum to ask a few newbie questions and got all the answers and help I needed from a lot of knowledgable participants and basically since then, this is where I have felt more at home within the FT community. I still participate in other forums but have found the EK forum, on the whole, friendly, welcoming and down to earth. Not as much 'traffic' flows through here but I enjoy it and spend a fair bit of time reading through the threads and helping out whenever I can. As I say, I still have a lot to learn, but if I can help I will and it's great to be part of this community.

So I thought to myself, why don't I offer my service as an Ambassador to give a little payback to the help I have received over the years. So after contacting the high heid yins (that's Scottish for the bosses) of FT, my offer was accepted and am now a newly minted Flyertalk Ambassador for the Emirates Skywards forum.

Thanks again for all of your support, and once more, I will do my best to help out, answer questions and continue with the friendly and welcoming atmosphere here on the EK forum.

And once again (if you haven't already seen the Merry Christmas thread), Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year.

And by the way, sometimes I don't adhere to my own signature so apologies in advance ;)

All the best

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Saltire74 Dec 23, 2016 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 27652739)
Hi everyone

Regards

Zol
Moderator-EK Forum

Originally Posted by steveben53 (Post 27653047)
I take it your friend Mr Whisky wasn't on the selection committee.

Many congrats - richly deserved

He might have been the one that swung the vote :D:D

S

daisymay2 Dec 23, 2016 7:52 am

Many congratulations Saltire74! :)

NOIR Dec 23, 2016 8:16 am

Welcome:)

Saltire74 Dec 23, 2016 8:17 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2 (Post 27653724)
Many congratulations Saltire74! :)

Thanks daisymay2

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Saltire74 Dec 23, 2016 8:18 am

Originally Posted by NOIR (Post 27653821)
Welcome:)

Cheers NOIR

S

msm2000uk Dec 23, 2016 10:07 am

Congratulations Saltire74.

I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the EK Forum Ambassador team.

Safe travels,

M

Saltire74 Dec 23, 2016 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 27654310)
Congratulations Saltire74.

I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the EK Forum Ambassador team.

Safe travels,

M

Cheers msm2000uk. I hope to live up to the standards already set by our current, long-standing forum ambassadors.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

bhoyinoz Dec 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Congratulations Saltire74.Good luck^

Saltire74 Dec 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by bhoyinoz (Post 27656350)
Congratulations Saltire74.Good luck^

Cheers bhoyinoz. All the best.

S

Flaneurs Dec 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks for accepting this daunting task. We will try to behave and be helpful but you know how it goes on FT....