FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates stops recruiting cabin crew (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1809451-emirates-stops-recruiting-cabin-crew.html)

wowzimmer Dec 18, 2016 2:45 am

Emirates stops recruiting cabin crew

From a blog, rumours that Emirates has stopped recruiting crew as it cuts back on capacity and tries to prop up its profits.

m0hamed Dec 18, 2016 3:24 am

The clear benefits of moving to recruitment that requires applicants to upload videos are that they can screen applications without requiring costly cabin crew days around the World. Indeed they don't even have to meet applicants face to face to assess their look or mannerisms.

Initial video HR applications have existed for about a decade. You can judge within the first three seconds whether you would consider the applicant or not for the next stage.

eternaltransit Dec 18, 2016 4:31 am

Since I know someone who just got recruited by EK last week, I'd say they are doing what they did a few years back during the financial crisis which is to freeze out hiring from certain countries instead of going all out everywhere.

Like many airlines with younger less secure contract crew, the turnover rate is not insignificant - there still needs to be a pipeline of new staff even if there are capacity cuts.

extramileage Dec 18, 2016 7:12 am

Poor thread title and poor blog post...

edy4eva Dec 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by extramileage (Post 27629243)
Poor thread title and poor blog post...

Can't believe the OP even misread that shoddy blog post! No where in it does it say EK stopped recruitment (the word stop isn't even used). If anything the article states a continued need to recruit and alludes to fewer numbers being recruited ('may find find themselves in far fewer numbers than we have become accustomed to.')

Wasted the last 5 minutes of my life over nonsense!

Could the the OP be associated with the blogger who may be trying to drive traffic to his freshly minted site?!

tmac100 Dec 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva (Post 27630846)
Wasted the last 5 minutes of my life over nonsense!
.......!

Such is life - as I have experienced it (and thus feel qualified to comment upon your statement). May you have many more experiences as such - IOW, live for a VERY long time ;)

Oh, and also continuing to read FT and keep making comments ^

irishguy28 Dec 19, 2016 6:44 am

Can't believe the OP even misread that shoddy blog post! No where in it does it say EK stopped recruitment (the word stop isn't even used).

I guess it's official, then.

This growing worldwide trend of "Fake News" has finally reached FT!!! :eek::eek::eek:

:D:D:D

avcritic Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am

...Wasted the last 5 minutes of my life...

I am sure 4 min 50 sec to type the response.