Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2017 (incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2017 (incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: EK Gold
Wishing for:

39/40 to be upgraded to daily 380 to go with 37/38

Scrapping 41/42 on that basis.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:48 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Part of my wishlist for 2017 is that they would allow status holders to select exit/bulkhead seats prior to online check in/at time of purchase (with the caveat that suitability is assessed and confirmed at the check in desk at the airport).

S
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:34 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by Madone59
Sorry, no. I meant 2x daily to SFO. Not access to a second SFO area airport.....though SJC has gotten LH and BA recently....@:-)
I'm not convinced about a second SFO flight considering that TK, EY, QR, and also AI are there now. Any idea where I can find load factors? I would love a night departure if it happens.

My wishlist:
- MEX
- KEF

My unrealistic wishes:
- SZX
- YVR

Last edited by Xlr; Dec 23, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Xlr
I'm not convinced about a second SFO flight considering that TK, EY, QR, and also AI are there now. Any idea where I can find load factors? I would love a night departure if it happens.

My wishlist:
- MEX
- KEF

My unrealistic wishes:
- SZX
- YVR
QR does not fly into SFO and EY is cutting back to 3 weekly early next year. AI did bump their schedule up to 6 weekly and rumor has it that is why EY cut back. I can see EK increase their flights into SFO as they have market share.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:57 am

I don't think EK will be allowed more landing rights in Trumperialisic America. The new US government will rather make US3 (AA,DL,UA) great again than allowing more foreign carrier landings.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
I know I've said this before, but my wish list remains ATL, EDI and SAN. Surprised EK hasn't rushed to ATL yet!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by kuroko
WAW A380 is already confirmed/in the system. IIRC mid Feb onward
Great news regarding WAW A380. When I flew A380 recently on route VIE-DXB I was told by polish FA that she heard a rumour regarding A380 regular service to WAW but then on my next flight few days later DXB-WAW FA told me that she hasn't heard of it and that she doubts WAW airport is ready for A380, as there was only one emergency landing before...

I can see A380 scheduled for WAW on 10th of Feb, but I was just making a booking for mid May and it still shows 777-300ER.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by airsurfer
I don't think EK will be allowed more landing rights in Trumperialisic America. The new US government will rather make US3 (AA,DL,UA) great again than allowing more foreign carrier landings.
That would mean scrapping the existing open skies agreement, which is not an easy process no matter the motivation. There are enough US organizations that support open skies that employ many more Americans than the big three US airlines that oppose it for misguided competitive reasons. They are basically just backing up their European partners, one of which (BA) actually supports open skies. Another open skies target (QR) is an alliance partner to AA as well. Talk about biting the hand that actually feeds you, as EK, QR, EY actually are a net gain for most of the big US carriers due to the feed they provide.

Boeing manufacturing jobs would be most at risk if open skies were scrapped, which won't go down well with the most loyal of Trump supporters.

Let's see what actually happens.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by HB-IWC
One has to wonder how feasible this double daily service really is though. My better half is sitting on EK237 (the better one of the two BOS services) as I write this for the third time in the past two months and is reporting 1/8 in F and 6/42 in J. The other two flights he was on had only slightly better loads.

I know this is just circumstantial evidence, but these loads are nothing to write home about just before the holidays.
One-off A380 service now confirmed Jan 26 EK237/8 ;-)
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Str1tch
That would mean scrapping the existing open skies agreement, which is not an easy process no matter the motivation. There are enough US organizations that support open skies that employ many more Americans than the big three US airlines that oppose it for misguided competitive reasons. They are basically just backing up their European partners, one of which (BA) actually supports open skies. Another open skies target (QR) is an alliance partner to AA as well. Talk about biting the hand that actually feeds you, as EK, QR, EY actually are a net gain for most of the big US carriers due to the feed they provide.

Boeing manufacturing jobs would be most at risk if open skies were scrapped, which won't go down well with the most loyal of Trump supporters.

Let's see what actually happens.
That's exactly the reason that the Trumperialisic model won't work.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

That's exactly the reason that the Trumperialisic model won't work.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by rahultodi33
One-off A380 service now confirmed Jan 26 EK237/8 ;-)
Great news. Where did you see that?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by johhn14
Great news. Where did you see that?
Posted (twice) here a few days ago, original source is routesonline.com

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...es-2017-a.html

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...late-jan-2017/
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:53 am

Thanks! I missed those
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ffalo-phoenix/

This article came out a while ago, although I just saw it. Do you guys think this is a possibility? I don't think Buffalo would happen and Emirates has been giving all indications that they are more interested in Denver than Phoenix as shown through interviews with Emirates officials. Mattias Schmid who is the Vice President of sales said "For example, we have a strategic focus in Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Denver. We have a strategic focus on Denver because we see significant volumes on Alaska from a market like this via Seattle." There is no further mention of Phoenix or Las Vegas.

Here is the link to that interview:
https://airwaysmag.com/industry/matt...ates-part-one/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.