Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

F lounge access when no F available on connecting flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:42 pm
S.R
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Hi,

Im in paid F HYD-JFK-HYD, but I had to make a change to my return and the flight I need is only a 2 class aircraft for DXB-HYD, so I'm in J on that flight. I think i read somewhere that if the fare basis is F I should be granted F lounge access correct? Its a F flex plus booking, and all other flights are F flex plus, but of course the last one is J Flex plus.

So any experience with this?

Thank you
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by S.R
Hi,

Im in paid F HYD-JFK-HYD, but I had to make a change to my return and the flight I need is only a 2 class aircraft for DXB-HYD, so I'm in J on that flight. I think i read somewhere that if the fare basis is F I should be granted F lounge access correct? Its a F flex plus booking, and all other flights are F flex plus, but of course the last one is J Flex plus.

So any experience with this?

Thank you
If your fare basis remains F, A, or Z you will have access - you may need to talk to a supervisor though.

They do have discretion to deny access though!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
They do have discretion to deny access though!
Although to be fair my experience is that they are unlikely to do without good reason / provocation (hand lotion???) and indeed can be very helpful if a quiet and polite request is made
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Although to be fair my experience is that they are unlikely to do without good reason / provocation (hand lotion???) and indeed can be very helpful if a quiet and polite request is made
Absolutely, wit and charm goes a very long way - given the boorish behaviour of so many pax towards reception staff you have a very low bar to cross to stand out positively
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:04 pm
S.R
Original Poster

So I never actually took this flight as I changed to one with F, but I'm in the same situation again this year.

The last leg of my RT paid F trip is in J. DXB-HYD. It was originally all F flex, but a change for the return upfared it to F flex plus. I'm hoping the procedure will be the same now that since it was an original F ticket, I should be granted F lounge access in DXB? What do I say to the agent? And how do I know if the fare basis is F, A, or Z?

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:48 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
The fare basis is on page 2 of the ticket under Fare information / Fare calculation

You are unlikely to get F lounge access for DXB-HYD, the agent will go on the basis of your BP.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:35 pm
S.R
Original Poster

So can some decipher this fare calculation for me? Is it still in F or A?

Fare calculation

BLR EK X/DXB EK NYC 2802.37AEEESIN1 /-FRA EK X/DXBEK HYD 2380.09FRZRFIN1 NUC5182.46END ROE65.12333

I’m hoping a supervisor will let me in though. I don’t want to pay for entry because my dad (who is plat) is meeting me in DXB and we’re on the same flight to HYD, so he would be able to guest me in to F lounge anyway. However he’s coming in from JFK and me from FRA, and I’ll be arriving into DXB a few hours before him. So I guess the worst case is I get denied and I’ll have to go to the J lounge till he arrives, but I’m really hoping I can actually get into the F lounge before.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:52 pm
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Originally Posted by S.R

Fare calculation

BLR EK X/DXB EK NYC 2802.37AEEESIN1 /-FRA EK X/DXBEK HYD 2380.09FRZRFIN1 NUC5182.46END ROE65.12333

I’m hoping a supervisor will let me in though. I don’t want to pay for entry because my dad (who is plat) is meeting me in DXB and we’re on the same flight to HYD, so he would be able to guest me in to F lounge anyway. However he’s coming in from JFK and me from FRA, and I’ll be arriving into DXB a few hours before him. So I guess the worst case is I get denied and I’ll have to go to the J lounge till he arrives, but I’m really hoping I can actually get into the F lounge before.
This is the fare basis.

A class.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by S.R

Fare calculation

Originally Posted by 777-9X
This is the fare basis.

A class.
Looks like A outbound and F inbound. Both are F cabin fares and you'd be eligible for F lounge on both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.