Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Advantage of using American Express in Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Anybody knows any advantage of using American Express card over others in Emirates? I know you can transfer the member points for skywards. Any other pros or cons? Any help is appreciated.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
If you are UK-based, you might want to look at the benefits of the Emirates-branded credit cards issued by MBNA. Two cards are offered under the programme - one Visa, the other American Express (but whatever you spend on either card is linked to a single account for statement & settlement purposes).

I'm not sure how the Skywards miles earn rates on the above would compare to those available by transferring MR points earnt on a 'traditional' Amex card, but more detailed info here

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/s...anks/mbna.aspx
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
If you have the platinum card you now get a bonus 5x rewards points for any flight booking directly with an airline (not limited to Emirates).
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by smflyertalk
Anybody knows any advantage of using American Express card over others in Emirates? I know you can transfer the member points for skywards. Any other pros or cons? Any help is appreciated.
You may want to verify if the Amex you own or the other cards you may use charge a foreign transaction fee. If your Amex doesn't but the other cards which you own do, that would be a savings advantage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.