Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

A380 2 class V 3 class - observations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Hey guys, we recently travelled MAN - KUL SIN-MAN, first 2 legs being on a 2 class and second 2 legs on 3 class. I was very surprised that the service on the 2 class was excellent with the service on the three class being pretty poor.

On the 2 class we had E&F and all meals and drinks were served at the exact same time in both aisles, on the 3 class we ate separately, I nearly had my tray cleared before he even got his. The crew on both 2 class were excellent and had time to chat and ask if everything was okay, they referred to us by name, none of this on the three class, once we asked for a drink we then had to wait another 10 minutes for it to be served (yes I know I could go to the bar but I'm relaxing and watching a movie at this point)!

The service on the 3 class was shambolic and the service on 2 class was excellent, anyone else had this?

Jo
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Not a 2 Class vs 3 Class observation, but sitting in EF recently we also got served at the same time and looked after by the same person. They might be changing SOPs...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The business class cabin is smaller on the two class so easier to co-ordinate service delivery, beyond that it's probably just the normal variation of inconsistent crews
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: QF QP
Yes I think it's an Emirates thing. We always travel in E&F on Emirates and it is always "hit or miss" about service. On other airlines generally you know what you are going to get and when. I don't know if is the high turnover of staff or quality control issues. But the only consistent thing about the service is that it will be inconsistent.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:15 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Haven't flown a two class in J and always opt for a window seat but I do feel the meal service is a bit dis-jointed. On my last flight, the crew woke me up about 2 hours to landing for breakfast and then waited about an hour for it to be served.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Haven't flown a two class in J and always opt for a window seat but I do feel the meal service is a bit dis-jointed. On my last flight, the crew woke me up about 2 hours to landing for breakfast and then waited about an hour for it to be served.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
I can never understand why people want to be woken up for meals on a flight, especially breakfast. Personally i would far prefer to sleep through and when I wake wander down to the galley and ask for a cup of tea or coffee.

It's hardly as if airline food is so wonderful that to miss it is a culinary crime
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:28 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by steveben53
I can never understand why people want to be woken up for meals on a flight, especially breakfast. Personally i would far prefer to sleep through and when I wake wander down to the galley and ask for a cup of tea or coffee.

It's hardly as if airline food is so wonderful that to miss it is a culinary crime
When traveling, your body gets knocked out of sync and sometimes it can be long periods without food especially when doing connections. On that particular flight, I opted to go straight to sleep (04:00 departure) and miss the light bites and have something more substantial for breakfast. From having something to eat in the lounge in DXB to breakfast was about 10-11 hours. Had I just slept until before landing then the whole arrival procedure and getting to my apartment (in PEK at rush hour) before getting the chance to have something to eat would have been about 15.5 hours between proper sustenance. I don't live for eating airline food but when it's there I take it if I think I need it. Nothing wrong with that...

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by steveben53

When flying for business, it's a way to freshen up, read e-mails and prepare mentally the coming meeting/presentation. It's much better than grabbing a mug at the airport's Starbucks, or having a breakfast with your meeting counterparts.
When flying for leisure, it's a different story.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
When flying for business, it's a way to freshen up, read e-mails and prepare mentally the coming meeting/presentation. It's much better than grabbing a mug at the airport's Starbucks, or having a breakfast with your meeting counterparts.
When flying for leisure, it's a different story.
That depends entirely on the quality of the breakfast or your meeting counterparts though!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:34 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by extramileage
Not a 2 Class vs 3 Class observation, but sitting in EF recently we also got served at the same time and looked after by the same person. They might be changing SOPs...
Same here on a recent AMS / DXB flight (3 class) sitting in E/F: served at the same time, was very impressed! That was the first time this happened, so possibly an SOP change
Service was very good all around on this flight. (and an upgrade J to F on the subsequent DXB/CPT leg was even better). ^
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
When flying for business, it's a way to freshen up, read e-mails and prepare mentally the coming meeting/presentation.
Fly the day before.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Fly the day before.
Easy solution, however that's one more day/night away from the family.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by badgersfly
Easy solution, however that's one more day/night away from the family.
Win/win then.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:34 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101
Fly the day before.
If only I had that luxury....

S
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Have had a few flights on the 2 class so far. Feel advantage of C is, as others have posted, the smaller cabin, which makes the service relatively speaking more personal and less chaotic. So service was actually less hit and miss than usual ;-) Also, the 2 class are newer air frames or recently retrofitted, so all have the newish seats and IFE in C, which are slightly more comfortable. Disadvantage is embarkation/disembarkation, given that the upper deck is shared with an economy section at the front that starts between the business cabin and the aircraft door (and worse if only main deck boarding).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.