Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates app

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:27 am

A Windows mobile app is now available, but it's an unofficial one and appears (first view and only for a few seconds) just to take you to the mobile web site. Has anyone tried it and does it do anything worthwhile?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
A Windows mobile app is now available, but it's an unofficial one and appears (first view and only for a few seconds) just to take you to the mobile web site. Has anyone tried it and does it do anything worthwhile?
If it's unofficial it's likely just a web view container that loads the mobi site, they won't have access to any EK APIs to build actual native functionality. Microsoft is shifting away from Windows Mobile itself so doubt there'd be any active dev on Windows apps still
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:19 am

I got my first Android phone the other week so downloaded the app, but I've never been able to get it to work. All I get is "Sorry, we have a technical problem at the moment. Please try again later. Pull up to dismiss"

I've cleared cache and data, rebooted, and uninstalled and re-installed all to no effect. Phone is running Android 6.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:23 am

I got my first Android phone the other week so downloaded the app, but I've never been able to get it to work. All I get is "Sorry, we have a technical problem at the moment. Please try again later. Pull up to dismiss"

I've cleared cache and data, rebooted, and uninstalled and re-installed all to no effect. Phone is running Android 6.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Why'd you get such an old phone? Latest version of Android is 8.

I'm assuming you get the error during logging in? There was a period a month or two ago where I got kicked out and couldn't log in for several days, but it's been working fine ever since (and worked fine before that). Try updating your Google Play Services and check for an operating system update if you can get to Android 7 at least.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Why'd you get such an old phone? Latest version of Android is 8.

I'm assuming you get the error during logging in? There was a period a month or two ago where I got kicked out and couldn't log in for several days, but it's been working fine ever since (and worked fine before that). Try updating your Google Play Services and check for an operating system update if you can get to Android 7 at least.
I was overseas when my phone packed in and just wanted something to tide me over. This one cost the equivalent of only Ł45 GBP, or $62 USD, so I didn't mind if it was going to be thrown away when I got home, but I've sort of decided to stick with it for a bit. The error comes when logging in or even trying to skip the login.

Play Services is up to date and I can't see a way to upgrade the OS. Where would I typically look as I can't see anything under "Settings".
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:56 am

I was overseas when my phone packed in and just wanted something to tide me over. This one cost the equivalent of only Ł45 GBP, or $62 USD, so I didn't mind if it was going to be thrown away when I got home, but I've sort of decided to stick with it for a bit. The error comes when logging in or even trying to skip the login.

Play Services is up to date and I can't see a way to upgrade the OS. Where would I typically look as I can't see anything under "Settings".
Ah I'm familiar with that (see forum brunch thread for my Vietnam story), settings > near the bottom should be system updates, before about phone. I use a non-stock android so might be slightly different.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Skywards
Having problems with the watch and iPad app. Anyone else?

the watch doesn’t show notifications (on iPhone they show up fine) and the iPad just feels outdated and buggy at times. Last time the iPad app was updated was 2mothd ago.
Old May 12, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Having problems with the watch and iPad app. Anyone else?

the watch doesn’t show notifications (on iPhone they show up fine) and the iPad just feels outdated and buggy at times. Last time the iPad app was updated was 2mothd ago.
here also on my android phone and tab
Old May 12, 2018, 7:10 am

The new revised app I noticed is working much better than before update, however it's annoyingly sometimes failing. Out of desperation I now first use other websites to look for schedule/availibilty/fares (on.EK) then go to the EK app in the hope it's working to reserve.This is of course not ideal. I notice no airline app is perfect however if EK put more effort into their app including by looking how others operate, then the EK app would be a lot better.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:52 pm

iPad app hits retirement

👎🏽

Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:01 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I deleted mine when it went tech a few weeks ago and then noticed it was no longer on the App Store. Quite annoying imo, especially because now wine lists are only available on the desktop site.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
👎🏽

i use an iPad Pro and on that the app was clunky anyway, so I ended up using Safari. Happy to see it go.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:23 am

Create an ice playlist before your next flight

Customers can browse over 4,000 channels of entertainment on the Emirates app, create personalised playlists and sync selection to seat once on board

Press release: https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...head-of-travel

(can we now have an iPad app, please?)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: Skywards silver

Customers can browse over 4,000 channels of entertainment on the Emirates app, create personalised playlists and sync selection to seat once on board

Press release: https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...head-of-travel

(can we now have an iPad app, please?)
i do miss the iPad app, I thought it was good. Hopefully a new one isn’t far away.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:07 pm

Video explaining how to use the playlist feature, really cool
Zol likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.